Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

@CaseySJ

hello,
CaseySJ can you look on my orginal rom file from ThunderboltEX3 rev 1.0. All roms for Ex3 not work well.

If i use nvm21 i can see connected thunerbolt cinema LCD (apple 27") but it dont work and ports from this display are not visible in osx.
I use SSDT:
...code block...
Hello @reks2004,

Can you please upload the SSDT in .aml file format? The file you copied into the "CODE" block contains some errors at the very top so I'd like to see if the actual file itself is okay.

The new version of HackinDROM is ready, but im publishing it as beta at http://hackindrom.zapto.org/beta.php, because there's some GUI bugs

This wasn't easiest update but its the Biggest for Sur!!
HackinDROM now have an online iASL tool!!
Which means now you can work on your SSDTs online. but not only...
HackiASL has a newer kernel of assembling/disassembling of your files than MaciASL.

FULL customization of your Thunderbolt DROM with automatic correct checksums.
Upload, automatically repair, customize and download yours SSDTs in ACPI Language Machine Binary (.aml) also in .dsl like before + Copy to clipboard.

HackinDROM's main tool, the SSDT Generator is integrated in HackiASL as Presets.
Database is created to host contributors SSDTs without my intervention in the code. Moderators will have the ability to accept, deny or put in Beta SSDTs uploaded by contributors.
Members area is now available (not in the beta version sorry) where you can save your SSDTs.

A little video demonstration is better than my bad English:

When you do some modifications in the SSDT be sure to click to Compile before downloading your file

Any change is possible directly in the ThunderboltDROM section.
Checksum and byte lengths are calculated automatically once you clicke to Compile.
Customiser window overwrite your TB Bus ID Vendor and Device names modifications.
If there's a "ThunderboltConfig" section in your SSDT it will be updated too when you change your TB Bus ID by clicking to compile.

Im waiting for your feedbacks
AMAZING!!!

You have really outdone yourself. Wonderful stuff!!

I will run some tests/checks later and provide more feedback, but first impression is very impressive.

Casey You are genius!!! Man I've just done scarry flashing of z390 Designare and my every single one TB1 devices are working!!!
  • UAD Apollo silver with TB1 card is now working.
  • UAD Twin mk2 - TB2 is working.
  • Apple TB Display is working.
  • Belkin TB1 Dock.
Thank you!!!
Now you see the true meaning of the phrase no risk, no reward. Or nothing ventured, nothing gained. Well done!!

The new version of HackinDROM is ready, but im publishing it as beta at http://hackindrom.zapto.org/beta.php, because there's some GUI bugs

This wasn't easiest update but its the Biggest for Sur!!
HackinDROM now have an online iASL tool!!
Which means now you can work on your SSDTs online. but not only...
HackiASL has a newer kernel of assembling/disassembling of your files than MaciASL.

FULL customization of your Thunderbolt DROM with automatic correct checksums.
Upload, automatically repair, customize and download yours SSDTs in ACPI Language Machine Binary (.aml) also in .dsl like before + Copy to clipboard.

HackinDROM's main tool, the SSDT Generator is integrated in HackiASL as Presets.
Database is created to host contributors SSDTs without my intervention in the code. Moderators will have the ability to accept, deny or put in Beta SSDTs uploaded by contributors.
Members area is now available (not in the beta version sorry) where you can save your SSDTs.

A little video demonstration is better than my bad English:

When you do some modifications in the SSDT be sure to click to Compile before downloading your file

Any change is possible directly in the ThunderboltDROM section.
Checksum and byte lengths are calculated automatically once you clicke to Compile.
Customiser window overwrite your TB Bus ID Vendor and Device names modifications.
If there's a "ThunderboltConfig" section in your SSDT it will be updated too when you change your TB Bus ID by clicking to compile.

Im waiting for your feedbacks

I think that you can add ThunderboltEx2 still is possible to buy one and it has Thunderbolt version 2 connector.

Hello @reks2004,

Can you please upload the SSDT in .aml file format? The file you copied into the "CODE" block contains some errors at the very top so I'd like to see if the actual file itself is okay.
Sure my files + photo how it looks:
bez nazwy.png

IMG_7271.jpeg
9f300462-e5d0-44ff-a88f-4ce07da60a5e.jpg

Attachments

• SSDT-DTPG.aml
    100 bytes · Views: 60
  • SSDT-TB3-RP05-2.aml
    2 KB · Views: 44
  • IMG_7270.jpeg
    IMG_7270.jpeg
    2.6 MB · Views: 33
Sure my files + photo how it looks:
I've included 3 files in the attached ZIP:
  • asus 3.0 bios original thunderbolt-MOD-1.bin
  • asus 3.0 bios original thunderbolt-MOD-2.bin
  • SSDT-TB3-RP05-CASEY.aml
Please try the following:
  1. Instal new SSDT (SSDT-TB3-RP05-CASEY.aml) and perform a cold boot.
    • Does the system behave any better than before?
    • Also please capture and post screenshot of RP05 section of IORegistryExplorer.
  2. If there are issues, then try flashing the MOD-1 firmware from the attached ZIP.
    • Does the system behave any better?
  3. If not, then try flashing the MOD-2 firmware.

Attachments

• ASUS-TBEX-3.zip
    295.7 KB · Views: 49
AMAZING!!!

You have really outdone yourself. Wonderful stuff!!

I will run some tests/checks later and provide more feedback, but first impression is very impressive.
This is my way to say thank you for this wonderful thread/build, and your help is priceless for everyone here!
I hope this tool will be helpful to you.

Known bugs are specially GUI bugs, if you found any bug in the system please let me know
Also if you have any suggestions to improve this tool
I think this is the first online iASL tool, so your feedback can only help me

I think that you can add ThunderboltEx2 still is possible to buy one and it has Thunderbolt version 2 connector.
Hello,
If you have a working SSDT of this device please upload it here I’ll add him to the database

I've included 3 files in the attached ZIP:
  • asus 3.0 bios original thunderbolt-MOD-1.bin
  • asus 3.0 bios original thunderbolt-MOD-2.bin
  • SSDT-TB3-RP05-CASEY.aml
Please try the following:
  1. Instal new SSDT (SSDT-TB3-RP05-CASEY.aml) and perform a cold boot.
    • Does the system behave any better than before?
    • Also please capture and post screenshot of RP05 section of IORegistryExplorer.
  2. If there are issues, then try flashing the MOD-1firmware from the attached ZIP.
  3. If not, then try flashing the MOD-2firmware.
In his screenshots we can see Vendor name as Intel but in the SSDT the name is GIGABYTE, it’s confusing me

has there been any more info regarding inland premium nvmes and USB lockups?

I have had these NVMEs (3 of them) for a while now, so I dont think returning them is an option anymore.
I have issues where my USB ports will all stop working.
Sometimes I go for days without an issue.And of course, we all know how much fun intermittent issues are to troubleshoot.

Back