Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

• BCM94360CS2 <-- GOOD; must have every one of these characters in the name
  • BCM94360 <-- REJECT
  • BCM94360CS <-- REJECT
  • BCM943602 <-- REJECT
You can also use a genuine BCM94360CD card and put it into a compatible PCIe adapter. That's what I did. Works splendidly. No issues. It's the same as what's used in the 2013 iMac. Unfortunately, due to the high demand for these cards the prices have gone way up. The CS2 versions usually cost less. The adapters for those cost less as well.

Last edited:
You can also use a genuine BCM94360CD card and put it into a compatible PCIe adapter. That's what I did. Works splendidly. No issues. It's the same as what's used in the 2013 iMac. Unfortunately, due to the high demand for these cards the prices have gone way up. The CS2 versions usually cost less. The adapters for those cost less as well.
Good to know! I'll add that to Post #2335 and Components section.

Last edited:
Here's where the uninitiated get into trouble buying on Ebay. Sellers from China often leave details out or list a different card in the title than what you'll actually get shipped. Look at this example. Looks like you'll get the 94360CD version right ?

When you actually look closer at the card in the picture it's something else that probably won't work the way you'd expect the 94360CD to in a Hackintosh. It will work in a Windows PC with the right drivers, you may not get Continuity and Handoff to work on a Hack though. The seller isn't accurately representing what they're selling. I've seen US sellers do the same thing to me personally. I've always been able to return those. Returns to China are another story altogether.

94331CD is a related card but not a 94360CD. Wifi will still work, BT may not. Continuity/Handoff likely won't either.

Last edited:
Hmm, user error??!! ;)

Kidding aside, let's have a look at your config.plist.

I assume you have Lilu and WhateverGreen in /Library/Extensions and CLOVER/kexts/Other?

Thanks @CaseySJ ! The files are in those two places. And yes I'm sure it is a user error , other wise who's else :)--

Here is the plist attached.

Attachments

• config.plist
    7.8 KB · Views: 147
I'll check the behavior of my card in a x16 slot later today.

If the card is working well enough in a (wasted) x16 slot, then I think you should continue to use it! But as soon as you need that x16 slot for something else, you might want to find an alternative solution. But look specifically for:
  • BCM94360CS2 <-- GOOD; must have every one of these characters in the name
  • BCM94360 <-- REJECT
  • BCM94360CS <-- REJECT
  • BCM943602 <-- REJECT
Edit:
  • BCM94360CD <-- GOOD as well
@jdapolo @trs96

Bluetooth on the Fenvi FV-T919 works when it's installed into a long slot. The bottom long slot in the Designare Z390 is only 4 lanes wide, and that's where I am testing it.
  • Had to re-pair my Bluetooth keyboard.
  • I am streaming Bluetooth to a remote speaker and typing on a Bluetooth keyboard at the same time. I do notice some audio dropouts, but they are few and far between.
  • Bluetooth can be turned Off and On again with no problem. Devices reconnect when turned back on.
  • Sleep works fine, and I can wake the computer by pressing a key on the Bluetooth keyboard (yes, wake from Bluetooth keyboard is working).
  • I've connected both the Apple Wireless Keyboard and the Keytron K1 Keyboard via Bluetooth. Wake was tested with the Keytron K1.
  • WiFi is, of course, fine in either a x1 or x4 (long) slot.
So I am going to reinstate the recommendation for this card, but only when installed in a long slot.

Thanks @CaseySJ ! The files are in those two places. And yes I'm sure it is a user error , other wise who's else :)--

Here is the plist attached.
Need I say more? :)

@CaseySJ Have a look at this post

Oh boy ... Thanks for pointing this out @CaseySJ !! So user error it is :)
Since I had already prior install I must have simply overlooked it as I was focusing more on the post installation part. Now all this flickering and artifacts are gone and graphics works very smooth, and it started showing my monitor correctly!

The only question remains for me is that it still shows "Intel 500 1536 MB" in "About this Mac". I know it can be cosmetics only, but wondering as when there is no Fake ID value initially in the bootable USB, it was showing correct intel graphics, so what else could I be missing here and if there can be any potential impact on the system performance because of this?

Thanks again for all your help!!

Last edited:
Oh boy ... Thanks for pointing this out @CaseySJ !! So user error it is :)
Since I had already prior install I must have simply overlooked it as I was focusing more on the post installation part. Now all this flickering and artifacts are gone and graphics works very smooth, and it started showing my monitor correctly!

The only question remains for me is that it still shows "Intel 500 1536 MB" in "About this Mac". I know it can be cosmetics only, but wondering as when there is no Fake ID value initially in the bootable USB, it was showing correct intel graphics, so what else could I be missing here and if there can be any potential impact on the system performance because of this?

Thanks again for all your help!!

@CaseySJ ,

I just went through your guide here to enable my HDMI port and everything works perfectly fine

My only curiosity is all around how my GPU is being treated by the system. So after this patch it is now displayed as "Intel HD Graphics CFL 2048 MB" in "About this Mac"

Does it make any sense to you?

Thanks again for another great guide !!

@CaseySJ ,

I just went through your guide here to enable my HDMI port and everything works perfectly fine

My only curiosity is all around how my GPU is being treated by the system. So after this patch it is now displayed as "Intel HD Graphics CFL 2048 MB" in "About this Mac"

Does it make any sense to you?

Thanks again for another great guide !!
This happened to another user recently. We think it's due to WhateverGreen, but we're not sure. The name of the GPU does make sense, however:

CFL = Coffee Lake, which is the 8th and 9th generation Intel CPU.

Back