Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

What are the makes/models of all NVMe SSDs (M.2) in the system?

Only 1 - Sabrent Rocket 1Tb (which is my main macOS drive). There are 4 other SATA SSDs - two in a SoftRAID, one solo and a Windows SSD, but I guess we're ruling those out?

More info - I'm on BIOS revision F8

Last edited:
Hello all, any clues or ideas on how best to troubleshoot a lack of "hand off" for my Catalina build. I'm using the FV-T919 card. Airdrop seems to be working pretty well. But no hand off at all.
Please see this post (also referenced from Quick Reference spoiler in post 1):

Only 1 - Sabrent Rocket 1Tb (which is my main macOS drive). There are 4 other SATA SSDs - two in a SoftRAID, one solo and a Windows SSD, but I guess we're ruling those out?

More info - I'm on BIOS revision F8
The Sabrent Rocket NVMe SSD has been rock solid for me. I have their 256GB, 512GB and 1TB models. Flawless; so that most likely rules that out...

Please see this post (also referenced from Quick Reference spoiler in post 1):

Thanks, I decided to do a complete logout of the iCloud account on my hackintosh and low and behold its working now before I saw the links, doh!

I added my FV-T919 after my initial build to resolve some bluetooth lagging issue I had with a USB dongle and iCloud was setup prior to the card installation so perhaps that was the issue.

As always, thanks for the help. Amazing work on getting things to be so stable.

The Sabrent Rocket NVMe SSD has been rock solid for me. I have their 256GB, 512GB and 1TB models. Flawless; so that most likely rules that out...

Yep, sounds like it. Further (possibly) useful information - I've just rolled my OpenCore EFI back to remove the custom UIAC that I'd made, and replaced it with SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V7 (in config.plist as well) and now all of my USB ports are running as USB2 only - no USB 3 devices are working unless they're plugged in to a USB2 port. Any chance I've broken something somewhere else?

Thanks, I decided to do a complete logout of the iCloud account on my hackintosh and low and behold its working now before I saw the links, doh!

I added my FV-T919 after my initial build to resolve some bluetooth lagging issue I had with a USB dongle and iCloud was setup prior to the card installation so perhaps that was the issue.

As always, thanks for the help. Amazing work on getting things to be so stable.
Glad to hear it. This is what makes the Apple ecosystem so good... It's a walled garden to be sure, but the flowers are always in bloom. :)

Yep, sounds like it. Further (possibly) useful information - I've just rolled my OpenCore EFI back to remove the custom UIAC that I'd made, and replaced it with SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V7 (in config.plist as well) and now all of my USB ports are running as USB2 only - no USB 3 devices are working unless they're plugged in to a USB2 port. Any chance I've broken something somewhere else?
Please check:
  • USBInjectAll.kext should be enabled in OpenCore --> Kernel
  • SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V7.aml should be enabled in OpenCore --> ACPI
  • The previous UIAC SSDT should be disabled or removed from OpenCore --> ACPI

These are from his config.plist:
  • iMac19,1
  • Headless platform ID 0x3E980003
  • Because the correct keyword is "model" instead of "AAPL,model", only the AMD Radeon RX 580 is being set correctly.

I must have missed the posts(s) advising to change from "AAPL,model" to just "model".
I'll change it and see what happens.

BTW, the config-AMD-GPU.plist file in the "May 2020 Update - Catalina 10.15.4 Fresh Install.zip" still has it defined as "AAPL,model".

Please check:
  • USBInjectAll.kext should be enabled in OpenCore --> Kernel
  • SSDT-UIAC-DESIGNARE-Z390-V7.aml should be enabled in OpenCore --> ACPI
  • The previous UIAC SSDT should be disabled or removed from OpenCore --> ACPI

Double-checked and everything was correct - have rebooted and ports are now working at full speed. Very strange, but almost certainly user error on my part. Thanks for the help - I'll see if USB is more stable now

Back