Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Please clarify the problem you're trying to solve:
  • Are you trying to enable the Fenvi FV-T919 in Windows?
  • Are you trying to enable the Intel CNVi WiFi/BT in Windows?
  • Are you trying to enable any WiFi/BT in Windows?
I’m trying to enable wifi bt in windows without pci cards. No matter how, I bought the mobo for tb3, didn’t even know about double wifi option till now ahah

I’m trying to enable wifi bt in windows without pci cards. No matter how, I bought the mobo for tb3, didn’t even know about double wifi option till now ahah
To use built-in WiFi/BT in Windows:
  • Connect antenna that comes in the Designare box to the two antenna ports on rear IO panel
  • If Windows does not auto-detect the Intel CNVi WiFi/BT module, visit this Gigabyte website:
    • https://www.gigabyte.com/us/Motherboard/Z390-DESIGNARE-rev-10/support#support-dl-driver-wlanbt
    • Then open the WLAN+BT section and download the WiFi and BT drivers.
      Screen Shot 2020-06-15 at 4.45.54 PM.png

Yes. I think "the middle" of any thread is often overlooked. Please see this.

So, if people just want to compress or transcode video files and not convert .ISO images, I recommend buying Compressor. See this: https://support.apple.com/guide/compressor/transcode-files-cpsrabf0a5a6/mac

If you need to make a backup of your DVD collection, I suggest Handbrake.
Thank you. That’s the “AMD bug” I was thinking of. Will add a Quick Reference link to that post shortly.

I try to backup for Titan ridge pci card
No EEPROM/flash device found.

x299@navaratnams-Mac-Pro ~ % sudo flashrom -p ch341a_spi -r GC-Titan-Ridge-New-NVM-43-1.bin
Password:
flashrom v1.2 on Darwin 19.5.0 (x86_64)
flashrom is free software, get the source code at https://flashrom.org
Calibrating delay loop... OK.
libusb: info [darwin_claim_interface] no interface found; setting configuration: 1
Note: flashrom can never write if the flash chip isn't found automatically.
x299@navaratnams-Mac-Pro ~ %

Double-checked and everything was correct - have rebooted and ports are now working at full speed. Very strange, but almost certainly user error on my part. Thanks for the help - I'll see if USB is more stable now

Unfortunately no change to USB stability. It's very variable - sometimes the system will run perfectly for several hours, and then other times USB will freeze within a few minutes of a restart, and that will happen repeatedly. I did calculate my KASLR value to see if that would make a difference, but it hasn't. The only other difference I might have from other builds is that I have 4x32Gb RAM - hence why I thought KASLR might be an issue.

Thinking about swapping to an alternative mobo as I don't really need Thunderbolt, and stability is key... Z390 Aorus Pro or similar, but still happy to try and troubleshoot my current setup if it will help others having the same issues.

[EDIT] Further - think it might be a USB power issue - I plugged my Stream Deck directly into one of the keyboard ports, and the USB froze immediately. Possible?

Last edited:
I try to backup for Titan ridge pci card

x299@navaratnams-Mac-Pro ~ % sudo flashrom -p ch341a_spi -r GC-Titan-Ridge-New-NVM-43-1.bin
Password:
flashrom v1.2 on Darwin 19.5.0 (x86_64)
flashrom is free software, get the source code at https://flashrom.org
Calibrating delay loop... OK.
libusb: info [darwin_claim_interface] no interface found; setting configuration: 1
Note: flashrom can never write if the flash chip isn't found automatically.
x299@navaratnams-Mac-Pro ~ %
@nmano,

Occasionally we see libusb: no interface found errors, but they go away when we repeat the flashrom command. The GC-Titan Ridge is generally easy to read and flash:
  • It should be physically removed from motherboard
  • The SOIC clip should be carefully attached to blue-dot chip
  • Pin 1 should be next to the dimple on the chip
  • If you use the resistor/capacitor circuit, it might be much easier.

Yes. I think "the middle" of any thread is often overlooked. Please see this.

So, if people just want to compress or transcode video files and not convert .ISO images, I recommend buying Compressor. See this: https://support.apple.com/guide/compressor/transcode-files-cpsrabf0a5a6/mac

If you need to make a backup of your DVD collection, I suggest Handbrake.
Thank you. That’s the “AMD bug” I was thinking of. Will add a Quick Reference link to that post shortly.
Quick Reference has been updated:

Screen Shot 2020-06-16 at 5.18.52 AM.png

[EDIT] Further - think it might be a USB power issue - I plugged my Stream Deck directly into one of the keyboard ports, and the USB froze immediately. Possible?
Is this repeatable?

Is this repeatable?

Sadly it doesn't seem to be - I've just plugged it back in to the keyboard, and although it isn't working (it requires 400mA of power, and the keyboard/Logitech receiver take 118mA of 500, so I'm guessing it doesn't have enough power) it hasn't frozen USB

Back