Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Well, I, the dark lord, was reluctant to help, so I tried flashing the BIOS and unplugging and restarting and so far no luck. I definitely had those drivers, but they might have disappeared. The USB stick is stuck on the Apple logo. How can I check and update the driver through Clover?
I was hoping you wouldn't see the Dark Lord reference, but I was too late in deleting it. :)

Option 1:
Boot with USB disk, but at the Clover boot menu, press Spacebar. You'll see a set of parameters that can be modified. The first one will be "Verbose". Enable that and let the system boot. When it freezes, capture a screenshot of the log output that will have filled the screen.

Option 2:
You can insert the USB stick into a real Mac or another working Hackintosh. Then use Clover Configurator to mount the EFI Partition of the USB disk. From then on you can use Finder to open the EFI disk icon and navigate to the EFI/CLOVER folder. Then compare the files and settings with Post #1 of the build guide.

I managed to start from the USB as the boot drive and went directly to the Desktop, and it's all fine now. So you know the joke about the lunatics trying to escape the asylum? Turns out I don't have a Library/Extensions/ folder. Does that make sense?

managed to start from the USB as the boot drive and went directly to the Desktop, and it's all fine now. So you know the joke about the lunatics trying to escape the asylum? Turns out I don't have a Library/Extensions/ folder. Does that make sense?
If the entire /Library/Extensions folder is missing I can temporarily upload the one from Mojave on my MacBook Air. Then you'll just have to install the Hackintosh kexts (Lilu, WhateverGreen, AppleALC, IntelMausiEthernet, SmallTreeIntel, FakeSMC, etc.).

I don't know how your /L/E folder got extinguished and I won't probe the subject!

that sounds amazing! A couple of questions about that-

I'm kind of lost in the whole kext thing, how can I know which ones I need? the same ones on the usb boot drive? also, I should install them with kext beast and then run kext utility, right? and! where should I be in terms of the whole UHD630 after that?

I also have a MacBook Pro 2011 running Yosemite, will that apply?

Hello every one, trying to build may second system, I'm very interesting in the lattes components (hope this make sense).
I need the system to run FCPX Plus AdobeCC.
Im looking in this parts:

Is any big difference between this processor?
What would you recommend?
CPU: Intel - Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor
Intel Core i7-9700K
Intel Core i7-8700K

Do I should upgrade any of this?
Motherboard: Gigabyte - Z390 DESIGNARE ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Storage: Samsung - 970 Evo 500MB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Video Card: Sapphire - Radeon RX VEGA 64 8 GB NITRO+ Video Card
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
No need a WIFI card, using the network connection.

All this parts are the same as CaseySJ build.

I know this is going to be a big challenge but I need to upgrade my Rampage IV Extreme.
I appreciate everyone help.
Great job CaseySJ.

LQ.
Hi, I think your choices are very good for a FCPX / AdobeCC machine. Any of the 9th Gen Intel core processors will work very well. If you see the benchmarks in this thread and at the GeekBench website you can compare them against your current Rampage IV system to see how much better the new one will be.

In my view, the Core i7-9700K (8 cores, 8 threads) is the best balance of price and performance. But if performance is most important -- especially for FCPX -- then the Core i9-9900K is the undisputed best choice.

For Storage, I know you meant 970 EVO 500GB (not 500MB).

that sounds amazing! A couple of questions about that-

I'm kind of lost in the whole kext thing, how can I know which ones I need? the same ones on the usb boot drive? also, I should install them with kext beast and then run kext utility, right? and! where should I be in terms of the whole UHD630 after that?

I also have a MacBook Pro 2011 running Yosemite, will that apply?
Attached is a file called Extensions.zip. To recover your system, unzip the file and copy the entire Extensions folder to /Library. Not /System/Library, but just /Library. Finder will ask for your password because this is a protected file system. Although these extensions are from Mojave, they should work fine in High Sierra, but the operative word here is "should".

Then download and run Kext Utility. All you have to do is run this tool and wait for it to say "Done" in the bottom right of the window.

Then copy all the kexts from CLOVER on the USB disk to the /Library/Extensions folder. Finder will ask ask for authentication.

Now run Kext Utility again.

Then try restarting your system directly from the High Sierra boot disk.

We can worry about UHD 630 after this.

Edit: Zip file deleted.

Last edited:
Smh... sorry about that.
That is an IOReg dump. Did you want me to check an SSDT that you modified? If so, please upload the SSDT.

Hey man Thanks so much, you just help me whit my final decision. If I change any parts i will let you know.
Thanks again
Yes 500GB, lol.

Attached is a file called Extensions.zip. To recover your system, unzip the file and copy the entire Extensions folder to /Library. Not /System/Library, but just /Library. Finder will ask for your password because this is a protected file system. Although these extensions are from Mojave, they should work fine in High Sierra, but the operative word here is "should".

Then download and run Kext Utility. All you have to do is run this tool and wait for it to say "Done" in the bottom right of the window.

Then copy all the kexts from CLOVER on the USB disk to the /Library/Extensions folder. Finder will ask ask for authentication.

Now run Kext Utility again.

Then try restarting your system directly from the High Sierra boot disk.

First of all, thanks you so much for all the help! this is really amazing. Turns out I'm an idiot and I did have an extensions folder. I just looked in the /User/Library, I didn't realise there are three different library folders. Sorry!

anyway, here it is! I already noticed theres no whatevergreen there... anything else?

Edit - Installed it - Here it is- anything else?

That is an IOReg dump. Did you want me to check an SSDT that you modified? If so, please upload the SSDT.

Sorry I asked the wrong question. I guess I need to make a custom ssdt.

Back