Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

Thanks alot CaseySJ for your help, sorry for late reply to you i was at work, i can confirm your ssdt file working fine, my nvidia 1080ti is disappeared completely from information about my mac,
Again thanks for the file and for this great guide and big project you did.
Awesome, thanks! Will update the guide once again (later in the day).

@augustopaulo,

Looks like my theory about hard-coded MAC addresses was both right and wrong at the same time! More specifically, my understanding was incomplete.

MAC addresses come in 2 forms:
  • Universally administered.
    • These are universally unique and assigned by the manufacturer.
    • These addresses are burned-in to firmware or ROM.
  • Locally administered.
    • These are locally unique to the LAN (and may be assigned by the operating system?).
The 2nd least significant bit of the first octet of the MAC address tells us whether the address is Universally administered or Locally administered. If the bit is 0, it is universal. If the bit is 1, it is local.

For example, your Thunderbolt MAC addresses are:

02:66:34:45:76:31
C6:63:27:68:AD:D7

The first octets are: 02 for the first one and C6 for the second one. Now let's look at the binary representations:

02 = 0000 0010
C6 = 1100 0110

The 2nd least significant bit of each one is shown in red and we can see that both of the bits are 1. So both of these MAC addresses are Locally Administered by the operating system and not burned into the firmware or ROM.

On my MacBook Air, the Thunderbolt MAC address is:

32:00:19:88:36:80

And if we look at the 2nd LSB of the 1st octet, we get:

32 = 0011 0010

So this is also Locally Administered.

But the MAC address of my Apple Thunderbolt Gigabit Adapter (with a real RJ45 port and Ethernet chip) is:

40:6C:8F:xx:xx:xx

And if we look at the 2nd LSB of the 1st octet, we get:

40 = 0100 0000

So this is a Universally Administered address, which is burned-in.

Reference:

Last edited:
CaseySJ do you think you can check out my ssdt for me. Im running dual vega fe’s and i want make sure everything is going to the correct paths b4 i run the corpnewt script.

Your CLOVER folder looks fine to me. Config.plist, kexts, and drivers look okay. However, you posted screenshots of /System/Library/Extensions (/S/L/E) but the request was for /Library/Extensions (/L/E)! That's a much shorter list. So if you can post that, it will complete the picture.

So, coming back to this I tried to reboot now and all the sudden I'm stuck at "end random seed". I will investigate further and post the pictures when I solve this thing, Thanks!!

So, coming back to this I tried to reboot now and all the sudden I'm stuck at "end random seed". I will investigate further and post the pictures when I solve this thing, Thanks!!
End Random seed error should clear with one or more of these steps:
  • Unplug power cable for 10 seconds and reboot.
  • If no success, ensure you have OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi in the driversUefi64 folder and "slide=0" enabled.
  • If still no success, flash BIOS and set BIOS parameters again.
Boot from the USB install disk (F12 at BIOS).

Last edited:
CaseySJ do you think you can check out my ssdt for me. Im running dual vega fe’s and i want make sure everything is going to the correct paths b4 i run the corpnewt script.
Did you forget to attach the attachments? :)

Smh... sorry about that.

Attachments

• mroverst ssdt.ioreg
    16.8 MB · Views: 95
End Random seed error should clear with one or more of these steps:
  • Unplug power cable for 10 seconds and reboot.
  • If no success, ensure you have OsxAptioFix2Drv-free2000.efi in the driversUefi64 folder and "slide=0" enabled.
  • If still no success, flash BIOS and set BIOS parameters again.
Boot from the USB install disk (F12 at BIOS).

Well, I, the dark lord, was reluctant to help, so I tried flashing the BIOS and unplugging and restarting and so far no luck. I definitely had those drivers, but they might have disappeared. The USB stick is stuck on the Apple logo. How can I check and update the driver through Clover?

Hello every one, trying to build may second system, I'm very interesting in the lattes components (hope this make sense).
I need the system to run FCPX Plus AdobeCC.
Im looking in this parts:

Is any big difference between this processor?
What would you recommend?
CPU: Intel - Core i9-9900K 3.6 GHz 8-Core Processor
Intel Core i7-9700K
Intel Core i7-8700K

Do I should upgrade any of this?
Motherboard: Gigabyte - Z390 DESIGNARE ATX LGA1151 Motherboard
Memory: Corsair - Vengeance LPX 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 Memory
Storage: Samsung - 970 Evo 500MB M.2-2280 Solid State Drive
Video Card: Sapphire - Radeon RX VEGA 64 8 GB NITRO+ Video Card
Power Supply: EVGA - SuperNOVA G2 850 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully-Modular ATX Power Supply
No need a WIFI card, using the network connection.

All this parts are the same as CaseySJ build.

I know this is going to be a big challenge but I need to upgrade my Rampage IV Extreme.
I appreciate everyone help.
Great job CaseySJ.

LQ.

I just tried to quick-look a few files - I can quick-look .mp4 and .png no problem, but .jpg fails to load. This was working previously, so I suspect I've since modified my iGPU definition in Clover/Devices/Properties erroneously. Is this an issue with incorrectly configured headless iGPU? I see in the build guide, you state to use the following settings:
  • SMBIOS: Use either iMac18,3 or iMacPro1,1.
  • Devices: IntelGFX = 0x0
  • Devices: Devices* = PCIRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)
    Properties:
    • Key = framebuffer-patch-enable | Value = 01000000 | Type = Data
    • Key = AAPL,ig-platform-id | Value = 0300923E | Type = Data (you may also try 0300913E)
    • Key = device-id | Value = 9B3E0000 | Type = Data
  • Graphics: FB Name = Orinoco (only for RX580)
  • Graphics: ig-platform-id = <make sure this is empty>
  • Graphics: Inject Intel = false
  • Graphics: Inject ATI = false
Here's a screenshot of my config - looks to be correct. I'm using SMBIOS iMac18,3 and I've also tried 0300923E for my ig-platform-id. Any ideas? Am I barking up the wrong tree here?

And here's the xml version:

XML:
<key>Properties</key>
        <dict>
            <key>PCIRoot(0x0)/Pci(0x2,0x0)</key>
            <dict>
                <key>AAPL,ig-platform-id</key>
                <data>
                AwCRPg==
                </data>
                <key>device-id</key>
                <data>
                mz4AAA==
                </data>
                <key>framebuffer-patch-enable</key>
                <data>
                AQAAAA==
                </data>
            </dict>

Another question - I've configured my SMBIOS and Rt Variables sections with valid non-existent serials. Am I safe to log in to the App Store and download my purchased software? Or is there something else I should do beforehand?

Back