Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

I am still having crazy slowdowns with Final Cut pro and it is causing me to want to abandon this project. My rig works great with Pro Tools. Final Cut is so buggy. PLEASE someone help.

the most recent video I edited for my youtube channel was a simple 1 camera angle tour of my recording studio. I shoot with a Sony A6400. 4k Video. Simple color correction, and very basic sharpening is all the was applied to the footage. I am unable to simply push spacebar and have the video just play, I still get regular spinning beach balls. And almost every time I Hit the spacebar, the play head jumps to the very end of the video timeline. Its a significant slow down. My bruce x test was about 12 seconds.

I have a 9700k, Designare z390, 32gb gskill DDR4, Sapphire Pulse RX580 8gb. Thanks in advance.
@3rdPowerCitizen,

Did the replies to this post help you solve or circumvent the problem?

That's much better.
  • Please expand HS14 -- your on-board Bluetooth is very likely there.
  • Looks like you're not using a USB SSDT or USBPorts.kext. That's okay for now, but the port limit patch may need to be modified with subsequent versions of macOS.
  • Anyway, do you have USBInjectAll.kext in CLOVER/kexts/Other?
    • If you do, then add this to Boot Arguments in Clover Configurator: uia_exclude=HS14
    • And reboot
Here is what I get now:
1588453061922.png

And my bluetooth is recognized, but handoff is still not working.
1588453136723.png

On a side note can you (or anyone) recommend a microphone that would plug into the front of a Focusrite 2i2 (2nd Gen)? Three conditions/considerations:
  • It's for voice/narration in an indoor setting.
  • It's for internal training videos, not elaborate productions.
  • Preferably under $150.

No video, just audio?

Audio Technica AT2020 is OK, though for an untrained (=soft) speaker with a 2i2 it may be a bit too quiet...
Don't forget to get a (table) stand and a popscreen.

A lavalier mic is handy if there's also a video. Small, unobtrusive and you have a bit more freedom to move.

Last edited:

Okay, @dgsga here's my SystemDSDT, but I have questions:

First Bullet Point:

You say "Adjust the Root Port number and change the GPCB method changed using the (PCI address * 8)+x formula. My thunderbolt RP05 is at 1C,4 so its (1C * 8)+4 = E4..."

Well, my thunderbolt RP05 is also at 1C,4, but adjust the root port (to E4), how? Is this another rename? I do see the following:

Method (MMBA, 0, NotSerialized)
{
Return (\_SB.PC00.GPCB ())
}

Scope (_GPE)
{
Method (NTFY, 0, Serialized)
{
If (LEqual (NOHP, 0x01))
{
Switch (ToInteger (TBSE))
{
Case (0x01)
{
Notify (\_SB.PC00.RP01, 0x00)
}

and:

Method (GPCB, 0, Serialized)
{
If (LEqual (PC_B, 0x00))
{
Store (MCFG, PC_B)
}

Return (PC_B)
}

Third Bullet Point:

I don't find a GPE._E2C method, but I do find the following:

Method (TINI, 1, Serialized)
{
If (LEqual (Arg0, 0x03))
{
Store (MMRP (), Local0)
OperationRegion (RPTB, SystemMemory, Local0, 0x20)
Field (RPTB, DWordAcc, NoLock, Preserve)
{
Offset (0x18),
PSSB, 32
}

Store (PSSB, Local1)
Store (Add (TRPB, ShiftLeft (BTMP, 0x08)), Local2)
Store (Add (Local2, ShiftLeft (BTMP, 0x10)), PSSB)
Sleep (0x64)
}

And somewhat about that I see this.....

Method (_E4C, 0, Serialized) // _Exx: Edge-Triggered GPE
{
OperationRegion (SPRT, SystemIO, 0xB2, 0x02)
Field (SPRT, ByteAcc, Lock, Preserve)
{
SSMP, 8
}

If (LEqual (CF2T, 0x01))
{
CGST ()
Sleep (0xC8)
}

WKOK ()
WFHR ()
If (LEqual (TNAT, 0x01))
{
Store (MSID (), Local0)
If (LNot (Local0))
{
Return (Zero)
}

If (DMID ())
{
Return (Zero)
}
}

Fourth Bullet Point:

I don't see any RP05._INI, just RP05......

Scope (RP05)
{
Method (_INI, 0, NotSerialized) // _INI: Initialize
{
Store (LTR5, LTRZ)
Store (PML5, LMSL)
Store (PNL5, LNSL)
Store (OBF5, OBFZ)
}

Fifth Bullet Point:

I don't find any _GPE._Exx, there are a lot _GPE. listings, can't post them all......

For bullet points 3,4 and 5 it sounds like they are just ACPI renames, yes? So, in OC, they would be patched under root -> ACPI -> patch? You don't have a sample, do you?

Attachments

• DSDT.aml.zip
    28.6 KB · Views: 61
I logged out and logged in, and it works now.

I was using HWMonitorSMC2 v2.4.9, but just upgraded to v2.6.1 from CloverHackyColor (click here). This version is even better. Not only does it display iGPU and AMD GPU statistics, but it also displays comprehensive voltages for Designare Z390:

View attachment 466611
  • Are you using any non-standard DSDT?
  • Feel free to compress and upload your CLOVER folder, but remove serial numbers from SMBIOS section of config.plist.
  • Also post a screenshot of the /Library/Extensions folder.

I just tried this version, there's no GPU info for me, neither for the iGPU nor for my RX480. Do I need an extra .kext for this?

Back