Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

This is the most riveting thread I've ever read! Keep up the great work! I have an Aorus Master with TR AIC with NVM 43 Firmware. Have a functional 10.15.2 and Windows drive as well. So whatever limited help for testing I can do to help- let me know.
Once we get this figured out for Designare Z390, more of us should be able to adapt the solution to other Titan Ridge boards. As much as possible I would like to avoid distracting @Elias64Fr at this time. :) Let's get one system working first. I have a GC-Titan Ridge as well, so you know I'm interested in a solution for that. But one thing at a time...

Someone here tried the Wonderfull Casey Guide for OpenCore?
Can't get my mouse and my keyboard responsive. (Bios F8 and F9b, and with all the USB ports...)

Help...
  • Is your installation of OpenCore a carbon copy of the ZIP I posted in the OpenCore Mini-Guide (except for PlatformInfo details)?
  • Do the mouse and keyboard work if you boot with Clover?
  • Do the mouse and keyboard work in BIOS Setup and at the OpenCore boot menu?
  • Do the mouse and keyboard work in macOS?

• Is your installation of OpenCore a carbon copy of the ZIP I posted in the OpenCore Mini-Guide (except for PlatformInfo details)?
  • Do the mouse and keyboard work if you boot with Clover?
  • Do the mouse and keyboard work in BIOS Setup and at the OpenCore boot menu?
  • Do the mouse and keyboard work in macOS?

- Yes sir (without the agpmode=pikera)
- Yes sir (Apple Keyboard and trackpad + USB mouse)
- Yes sir (and nobody knows but an Apple keyboard works in BIOS with a bluetooth connection)
- Yes sir

A friend of mine with the same motherboard has the same problem. (@mbournau)

I can boot if a disconnect all the other disks and at the end of the time delay. (And it works pretty well!)

Hey @CaseySJ, sorry to both the thread. But i'm really having trouble in phase 2 on my Mojave install. It continues to restart over and over. I've never made it to the welcome screen on the SSD.
Any threads i can look at? I've googled a bunch, but none of the solutions seemed to help me
thanks

Hey @CaseySJ, sorry to both the thread. But i'm really having trouble in phase 2 on my Mojave install. It continues to restart over and over. I've never made it to the welcome screen on the SSD.
Any threads i can look at? I've googled a bunch, but none of the solutions seemed to help me
thanks
Some questions:
  • Because you're installing Mojave, at what Step is the restart occurring? Step numbers are listed in Installation Overview.
  • What is the make/model of your RX 580?
  • What is the make/model of your monitor?
  • Are all the BIOS parameters set correctly? Remember that we must start with Load Optimized Defaults.
  • Do you see a lot of log messages on the screen while macOS boots up? In other words, is verbose mode enabled by adding -vflag in "Boot Arguments"?
    • If so, do you see any error message before the restart?
    • If the log messages fly by very quickly, it may be helpful to take a video of the boot process with your smartphone and upload the video (just make sure it's not too large!).
  • Also feel free to compress and upload the CLOVER folder from EFI partition of your USB install disk.

- Yes sir (and nobody knows but an Apple keyboard works in BIOS with a bluetooth connection)
- Yes sir

A friend of mine with the same mono has the same pb. (@mbournau)

I can boot if a disconnect all the other disks and at the end of the time delay (and it works pretty well!)
So the mouse and keyboard are working perfectly?

Once we get this figured out for Designare Z390, more of us should be able to adapt the solution to other Titan Ridge boards. As much as possible I would like to avoid distracting @Elias64Fr at this time. :) Let's get one system working first. I have a GC-Titan Ridge as well, so you know I'm interested in a solution for that. But one thing at a time...
Hi all,

I'm still able to be on multiple front ;) and thanks for all theses help proposition !

Hi all,

I'm still able to be on multiple front ;) and thanks for all theses help proposition !
Do you think the solution for TbtOnPci is very similar to solution for TbtOnPch? The Apple SSDTs that I have seen contain some significant differences.

- Yes sir

A friend of mine with the same motherboard has the same problem. (@mbournau)

I can boot if a disconnect all the other disks and at the end of the time delay. (And it works pretty well!)
Just a comment for Apple Keyboard and Trackpad on BIOS. I work OOB on BIOS and Clover with bcm94360xx serie add-on board I have one on my laptop and another on desktop !

Last edited:
Back