Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte Designare Z390 (Thunderbolt 3) + i7-9700K + AMD RX 580

It’s when scenes or composites get kinda kind of heavy. In C4D the last issue was a 10000 unit particle instance I was trying to render.
Just a quick question. If you're having crashes in C4d when you render, can you just save the file / project and open it up in windows C4D and render from there? Or too much of a hassle with having to move files and keep on working on other things? I used to do titles and animation for movie trailers, sometimes I'd use another machine to render out while I worked on something else.
just an idea, while you sort it out.

best
mdr

Just a quick question. If you're having crashes in C4d when you render, can you just save the file / project and open it up in windows C4D and render from there? Or too much of a hassle with having to move files and keep on working on other things? I used to do titles and animation for movie trailers, sometimes I'd use another machine to render out while I worked on something else.
just an idea, while you sort it out.

best
mdr
I don't have a Windows setup.

I don't have a Windows setup.
Gotcha, It might be worthwhile to get another ssd and get windows installed on there just incase.
Thats what I've done on my new build, incase the Mac OS takes a dump on a project that I need to get out.
Always have a backup strategy ;)

Hope you get it sorted out.

Someone get Success with Apollo Duo Thunderbolt (Rack silverface)?
I get success with Apollo Twin (Silverface) and Apollo Twin MK2, even with UAD Octo satelite THunderbolt (daisy chain), but not luck with old Apollo Duo Thunderbolt :(

any one?

If anyone is using Cinema 4D, Maya, or Fusion Studio on Catalina, please let us know if you're experiencing any runaway GPU fans (fans at maximum) or crashes.

I updated to Catalina 15.2 directly from Mojave 14.6.
Just tested Maya and it runs fine without ramping up any fans or crashing.

The only problem after the update is that one of the network sockets (the lower one) is no longer working. With a cable plugged in the lights all light up but I can't get a network connection. The other one works fine. When I have time I'll investigate this, but I'm in no hurry as at least one is working.

Hi @CaseySJ

Please could you check this post?

have you tested different PlatfromID's for IGPU? Which ones enable to test/trace IGPU on Intel Power Gadget and to do test with Geekbench?
Hello @iLikeHackintosh

With SMBIOS iMac19,1 the preferred Platform ID for Coffee Lake CPUs is 0x3E980003. This is a headless platform so a discrete AMD GPU is necessary. The iGPU will not appear in System Information --> Graphics/Displays but it will be used for compute tasks. To check whether iGPU is being taxed, we can download and play the Sony 4K Camp video while running Intel Power Gadget.

I updated to Catalina 15.2 directly from Mojave 14.6.
Just tested Maya and it runs fine without ramping up any fans or crashing.

The only problem after the update is that one of the network sockets (the lower one) is no longer working. With a cable plugged in the lights all light up but I can't get a network connection. The other one works fine. When I have time I'll investigate this, but I'm in no hurry as at least one is working.
Regarding the misbehaving Ethernet port, please search this thread for the most recent posts by @zgonda.

Screen Shot 2019-12-17 at 9.15.46 AM.png

Last edited:
Hello @iLikeHackintosh

With SMBIOS iMac19,1 the preferred Platform ID for Coffee Lake CPUs is 0x3E980003. This is a headless platform so a discrete AMD GPU is necessary. The iGPU will not appear in System Information --> Graphics/Displays but it will be used for compute tasks. To check whether iGPU is being taxed, we can download and play the Sony 4K Camp video while running Intel Power Gadget.

Thank you @CaseySJ, but mu question was, which ones enable to test/trace IGPU on Intel Power Gadget and to do test with Geekbench?

Did you check my post about the topic?

I have read several forums, discussed various people and everyone seems to "know" what is the preferred/right/correct etc Platform ID. But the only one that enables IPGU for computing on various apps seems to be 0x3E9B0007. Can you proof that 0x3E980003 works for you on Geekbench?

Updated from Mojave to Catalina and neither Bluetooth nor Thunderbolt are working. What should I do?

Back