Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte B550 Vision D + AMD Ryzen 5900X + RX6800 + WD SN850 1TB NVMe

Status
Not open for further replies.
When you say we need to wait this is for what? Future driver in MacOS like BIG SUR ? or in opencore? sorry i'm noob. because everything seems fine except the resolution and for me i can't use it like this. it seems i'm in 90's years :D.thanks for the help for information. i hope i will can use soon.
there are currently no drivers for your amd card, Apple may or may not use that card....

When you say we need to wait this is for what? Future driver in MacOS like BIG SUR? Or in OpenCre? Sorry, I'm noob. Because everything seems fine except the resolution, and for me I can't use it like this. It seems I'm in 90's years. :D Thanks for the help for information. I hope I will can use soon.

Yes, exactly what I meant - drivers for the AMD RX6800 from Apple which comes in the form of an update either on Catalina or Big Sur. If you can't wait for them then I'd suggest change the card to something like a RX580 or RX5600/Navi.

Yes, exactly what I meant - drivers for the AMD RX6800 from Apple which comes in the form of an update either on Catalina or Big Sur. If you can't wait for them then I'd suggest change the card to something like a RX580 or RX5600/Navi.
I have only this. Maybe I'm going to build a Windows PC for wait and use it. :crazy:

I’m afraid to say that Big Navi’s drivers will be only release in some forthcoming Big Sur update.
I don’t think those drivers would work in Catalina.
Nice build, by the way! Hell of a chop!

Future driver in MacOS like BIG SUR
Yes, Apple has to provide the graphics drivers for it to work. The OC developers have no part in that.

"Embarrassing of Apple to still" Why they would if they dont use it???

BTW: Mega [SUCCESS] especially Graphic 3 MB and adobe support!!! Lets celebrate!

"Embarrassing of Apple to still" Why they would if they dont use it???
Embarrassing of Apple to still not provide drivers for the 6000 series GPUs.

Here's why they don't provide drivers for the 6800 XT. They want 2019 Mac Pro owners to buy a Vega II (or two) from them, instead of directly paying AMD for an AMD RX 6800XT card. There's no $ in it for them to support the 6800XT. The 6800XTs are probably selling for more than $2400 anyway due to crypto mining effects on prices.

Screen Shot 9.jpg

Last edited:
Here's why they don't provide drivers for the 6800 XT. They want 2019 Mac Pro owners to buy a Vega II (or two) from them, instead of directly paying AMD for an AMD RX 6800XT card. There's no $ in it for them to support the 6800XT. The 6800XTs are probably selling for more than $2400 anyway due to crypto mining effects on prices.

View attachment 513121

Actually, Apple's pricing for video cards seem like bargains now. Lol

Where else can you find a 5700 with 16GB for $1000?

Screen Shot 2021-03-24 at 10.54.29 AM.png

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back