Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte B550 Vision D + AMD Ryzen 5900X + RX6800 + WD SN850 1TB NVMe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi, @Middleman. I am thinking to switching to AMD from Intel as well. I'm thinking about the same motherboard and CPU to use primarily with Adobe, DaVinci and Keyshot.
How is your build. Everything stable?
Any Adobe issues?
Did you upgrade to 11.5 already?

Actually, I realized that I cannot find this motherboard. I can only find the newer version D-P, and I cannot find any build with this one :(

Hi, @Middleman. I am thinking to switching to AMD from Intel as well. I'm thinking about the same motherboard and CPU to use primarily with Adobe, DaVinci and Keyshot.
How is your build. Everything stable?
Any Adobe issues?
Did you upgrade to 11.5 already?
Glad for you! Yes the build is great. It’s been working everyday since I finished the main build. Yes there are some Adobe issues but they’ve been mostly fixed using the various Adobe fixes posted online by Shanee and the Adobe/AMD Github pages. As for the upgrade to 11.5, no not yet.

Heyo, would it be possible if you'd share your EFI folder?

Would it be possible if you'd share your EFI folder?
If you have an AMD system you want to hackintosh, it should be listed in your hardware profile.
This thread won't help you much with an Asus H81M-P build.

Screen Shot 18.jpg

If you have an AMD system you want to hackintosh, it should be listed in your hardware profile.
This thread won't help you much with an Asus H81M-P build.

View attachment 527221
I'm currently building a new Setup. Updated my profile with my new specs. Figured it out now, without the EFI. Modified the version provided on the first page. Needed to update all the essential kexts like Lilu, WhateverGreen, VirtualSMC and so on. In addition to that I also updated OpenCore to the most current version and generated a new SMBIOS for iMessage/FaceTime support. The only thing that seems off is the graphics card, in the About My Mac section, where my RX 580 isn't listed as RX 580. Probably just a naming error.

My next try is to update to the newest version of Big Sur. Wish me luck peeps :)

Edit: After successfully installing the OpenCore 0.7.1 update I was able to update to the newest version of macOS without an issue. I needed to rest my NVRAM for some reason so that the OpenCore update went through. In addition to that I had to remove the Bootstrap.efi that was used in the OC version that was provided (I think 6.2 but don’t quote me on that)

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-08-19 at 1.18.45 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-08-19 at 1.18.45 AM.png
    340.2 KB · Views: 82
Last edited:
hey @Middleman, plz confirm that you can listen to the music (headphones / loudspeakers) and there is no noise from the motherboard..

can you use microphone without issues?
Yes they both work, though the microphone works via USB (tried this with a webcam).

Yes they both work, though the microphone works via USB (tried this with a webcam).

great, thanks a lot, I'm thinking about using amd 5900x with x570 ASUS ROG Crosshair VIII Hero (Wi-Fi) or Gigabyte x570 aorus master mb. How do you think, will it work?

Last edited:
@Middleman, hello sir. Something very unexpected just happened!. I have a GA-B550M-DS3H, Ryzen 5 3600X and a RX580 and I surprisingly booted into Big Sur 11.0.1, using a EFI, (attached below) through HackinDROM. Clearly I haven't touched the config.plist, I know this because its currently installing in Russian, and the SMBIOS should be MacPro, 7,1, but lets not get bogged down with these easily fixed details. Would you kindly take a peek at the EFI and suggest some revisions.

Update: Just installed Big Sur 11.5.2, early benches. System profile says 2019 Mac Pro 7,1, but GB says iMac1,1.

Screenshot 2021-11-06 at 11.57.02 AM.png

Attachments

• EFI.zip
    7 MB · Views: 77
Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back