Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] Gigabyte B550 Vision D + AMD Ryzen 5900X + RX6800 + WD SN850 1TB NVMe

Status
Not open for further replies.
Don't forget the 6K base price of the Mac Pro too.

I think you can buy the 5700 card from apple separately. I found the $1000 price in the "accessories" section of the Apple Store.

I think you can buy the 5700 card from apple separately. I found the $1000 price in the "accessories" section of the Apple Store.

Same in the Uk store, only it's £1000 here.

If you can use one in a normal motherboard, you've let the secret out now and they'll all be snapped up! o_O :D

Hi @Middleman, great build BTW!. Just wondered if you've experienced USB dropping connection with your B550 board?. My Gigabyte B550M DS3H + Ryzen 3600X, (admittedly not a Hackintosh yet!, it's a WIP), has lost USB connection randomly a few times in Windows, and I don't feel like Hacking it until these issues are sorted. There are suggestions this could happen via a BIOS update after Gigabyte finally acknowledged that there was indeed a USB issue.

even the real Macs are not perfect ...
if one's looking for a 100% solid system, this is not the right place to be
millions of possibilities exist, even some whereby things work better in MacOS than W10

even the real Macs are not perfect ...
if one's looking for a 100% solid system, this is not the right place to be
millions of possibilities exist, even some whereby things work better in MacOS than W10

?

Hi @Middleman, great build BTW!. Just wondered if you've experienced USB dropping connection with your B550 board?. My Gigabyte B550M DS3H + Ryzen 3600X, (admittedly not a Hackintosh yet!, it's a WIP), has lost USB connection randomly a few times in Windows, and I don't feel like Hacking it until these issues are sorted. There are suggestions this could happen via a BIOS update after Gigabyte finally acknowledged that there was indeed a USB issue.

Thanks! Nope I haven't encountered anything of the sort (yet). Yes I've heard about this issue - I believe AMD is currently working with the manufacturers to release a BIOS update patch, so it might take a few weeks before we get it.

My build configuration is:-
AMD Ryzen 9 5900X 3.7 GHz 12-Core Processor
CPU Cooler
be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 50.5 CFM CPU Cooler
Thermal Compound
Arctic Silver 5 High-Density Polysynthetic Silver 3.5 g Thermal Paste
Motherboard
Asus ROG STRIX B450-F GAMING ATX AM4 Motherboard
Memory
Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 32 GB (2 x 16 GB) DDR4-3200 CL16 Memory
Video Card
GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
Case
Fractal Design Meshify C ATX Mid Tower Case
Power Supply
Corsair RM (2019) 750 W 80+ Gold Certified Fully Modular ATX Power Supply

When installing Hackintosh Catalina on this system I get lines on the display before the setup can start and after bios. Can someone please help with what may be the issue and how can it be fixed?

Video Card
GeForce RTX 2080 Ti
When installing Hackintosh Catalina on this system I get lines on the display before the setup can start and after bios.
Can't be fixed. No drivers for Nvidia 2080 Ti in Catalina, Mojave or Big Sur. You'll need a supported AMD card.
The newest RTX cards from Nvidia are unsupported in Mojave. The RTX 2060/70 and all related 16 series GTX cards will not work in any version of macOS as there are no web drivers. trs96

Can't be fixed. No drivers for Nvidia 2080 Ti in Catalina, Mojave or Big Sur.
Thank you for your reply. Do you think I can fix the issue by installing an RX 560 instead of using the 2080 Ti? I get it that I cannot use the motherboard graphics port as 5900x does not have integrated graphics.

can fix the issue by installing an RX 560 instead of using the 2080 Ti
That would work, just make sure to avoid the XFX branded RX 560.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back