Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] first build ever - Gigabyte & Corsair 650D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [SUCCESS-I think] first build ever - Gigabyte & Corsair 650D

I used the combo update 10.6.8. See picture here:

7488330244_908035ca77_z.jpg

Is there any other combo update for Snow Leopard? I don't want to upgrade to Lion, for I will wait until Mountain Lion is available.

orestesdd said:
I used the combo update 10.6.8. See picture here:

7488330244_908035ca77_z.jpg

Is there any other combo update for Snow Leopard? I don't want to upgrade to Lion, for I will wait until Mountain Lion is available.
That's the latest version of SL. :)

Do I get Xcode directly from Apple? Or do I install it from the retail DVD and then upgrade? Can I use the "Software Update..." button? I know that Xcode is the original SL 10.6.3 DVD, but I am not sure if I should install it from the DVD and then upgrade directly from Apple Development. The problem with Xcode is that the latest version seem to be geared for the latest OS X (Lion), and I don't want to go to Lion. Anyone's advice? Thanks.

orestesdd said:
Do I get Xcode directly from Apple? Or do I install it from the retail DVD and then upgrade? Can I use the "Software Update..." button? I know that Xcode is the original SL 10.6.3 DVD, but I am not sure if I should install it from the DVD and then upgrade directly from Apple Development. The problem with Xcode is that the latest version seem to be geared for the latest OS X (Lion), and I don't want to go to Lion. Anyone's advice? Thanks.
Oh, I got it. :mrgreen:
I haven't known that the Retail SL install disk has Xcode on it. :oops:
You can run Software Update without any risk if you want to update a program.

Mate94 said:
orestesdd said:
Oh, I got it. :mrgreen:
I haven't known that the Retail SL install disk has Xcode on it. :oops:
You can run Software Update without any risk if you want to update a program.

I will try that. I will extract Xcode from the retail SL DVD and then I will see it upgrades. I will keep you posted of my progress.

I was able to install Xcode 2.3 (1610) from SL retail DVD 10.6.3 (see my Xcode Welcome screen below).

7491171786_0490281b12_z.jpg

However, I am undecided to download "Xcode 2.3.6 and iOS SDK 4.3 for Snow Leopard", which seems to be the latest upgrade within SL 10.6.8. I am afraid that if I install this download, my whole "hackintosh" may crash or have "kernel panic".

Other question, how can I use my mechanical HDD without using it entirely for just backup (Time Machine). Right now, I have one 1TB HDD with Windows format which I like to use as a document or data Mac HDD. Thanks.

I am about to do another "Software Update...", and I hope it does not take me to a "kernel panic". See screen print below:

7491372514_4221db6862_z.jpg

If all works well, could someone explain what "AirPort Utility" and "Remote Desktop Client Update" are or do. Again thanks.

orestesdd said:
I was able to install Xcode 2.3 (1610) from SL retail DVD 10.6.3 (see my Xcode Welcome screen below).

However, I am undecided to download "Xcode 2.3.6 and iOS SDK 4.3 for Snow Leopard", which seems to be the latest upgrade within SL 10.6.8. I am afraid that if I install this download, my whole "hackintosh" may crash or have "kernel panic".

Other question, how can I use my mechanical HDD without using it entirely for just backup (Time Machine). Right now, I have one 1TB HDD with Windows format which I like to use as a document or data Mac HDD. Thanks.

I am about to do another "Software Update...", and I hope it does not take me to a "kernel panic". See screen print below:

If all works well, could someone explain what "AirPort Utility" and "Remote Desktop Client Update" are or do. Again thanks.

And? :mrgreen: This includes to every Hackintosh, reinstalling it 20x times before it working properly.

Making a free a partition and adding to Time Machine and done? I'm not sure about this. I have never used it...

For detalied information on this update, please visit this website:

You have no clue how many times I reinstalled before I got my first fully stable system. Thanks to SSD this doesn't take very long.
However, since I now have everything down and under control, I have since setup two other stable builds...

If you are afraid of a few Kernel Panics or issues here and there, maybe you should not be doing the Hack thing and get yourself a real Mac instead.

As for the Shutdown screen you got, I usually get some also as well as with occasional Kernel Panics upon shutting down or starting up, always after I just performed a change to system (new part, update, etc...). Pressing the power switch long enough to turn off machine and powering up again resolves the issue.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Hackintosh...

Bobcat86 said:
You have no clue how many times I reinstalled before I got my first fully stable system. Thanks to SSD this doesn't take very long.
However, since I now have everything down and under control, I have since setup two other stable builds...

If you are afraid of a few Kernel Panics or issues here and there, maybe you should not be doing the Hack thing and get yourself a real Mac instead.

As for the Shutdown screen you got, I usually get some also as well as with occasional Kernel Panics upon shutting down or starting up, always after I just performed a change to system (new part, update, etc...). Pressing the power switch long enough to turn off machine and powering up again resolves the issue.

Welcome to the wonderful world of Hackintosh...

Is this the kind of thing you get after shutting down? I got this screen twice yesterday, but after hitting the power button as you described, I was able to keep going without a noticeable problem.

7494710042_76361b6268_z.jpg

Let me know and thanks.

Mate94 said:
orestesdd said:

And? :mrgreen: This includes to every Hackintosh, reinstalling it 20x times before it working properly.

[quote:pzzfx79m]Other question, how can I use my mechanical HDD without using it entirely for just backup (Time Machine). Right now, I have one 1TB HDD with Windows format which I like to use as a document or data Mac HDD. Thanks.

Making a free a partition and adding to Time Machine and done? I'm not sure about this. I have never used it...

For detalied information on this update, please visit this website:
[/quote:pzzfx79m]

Is there any way to format the HDD without adding Time Machine to the mix? I may add a back up since I may lose my main install.

Regarding the other two updates, I was wondering if I really need them, for I don't know if I have a need for those items. Anyhow thanks for your support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back