Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] first build ever - Gigabyte & Corsair 650D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: [SUCCESS-I think] first build ever - Gigabyte & Corsair 650D

orestesdd said:
However, I am undecided to download "Xcode 2.3.6 and iOS SDK 4.3 for Snow Leopard", which seems to be the latest upgrade within SL 10.6.8. I am afraid that if I install this download, my whole "hackintosh" may crash or have "kernel panic".

The only updates you have to worry about messing up your system are the big combo updates. Since you're already on the latest version, update away! Nothing will cause a kernel panic.

Gordo74 said:
orestesdd said:
However, I am undecided to download "Xcode 2.3.6 and iOS SDK 4.3 for Snow Leopard", which seems to be the latest upgrade within SL 10.6.8. I am afraid that if I install this download, my whole "hackintosh" may crash or have "kernel panic".

The only updates you have to worry about messing up your system are the big combo updates. Since you're already on the latest version, update away! Nothing will cause a kernel panic.

Thanks, but I still have that problem with the black dialog box showing up after I want to shutdown the system.

orestesdd said:
Mate94 said:
orestesdd said:
I was able to install Xcode 2.3 (1610) from SL retail DVD 10.6.3 (see my Xcode Welcome screen below).

7491171786_0490281b12_z.jpg

Other question, how can I use my mechanical HDD without using it entirely for just backup (Time Machine). Right now, I have one 1TB HDD with Windows format which I like to use as a document or data Mac HDD. Thanks.

I am about to do another "Software Update...", and I hope it does not take me to a "kernel panic". See screen print below:

7491372514_4221db6862_z.jpg

If all works well, could someone explain what "AirPort Utility" and "Remote Desktop Client Update" are or do. Again thanks.

And? :mrgreen: This includes to every Hackintosh, reinstalling it 20x times before it working properly.

[quote:2s5uvcs6]Other question, how can I use my mechanical HDD without using it entirely for just backup (Time Machine). Right now, I have one 1TB HDD with Windows format which I like to use as a document or data Mac HDD. Thanks.

Making a free a partition and adding to Time Machine and done? I'm not sure about this. I have never used it...

[quote:2s5uvcs6]If all works well, could someone explain what "AirPort Utility" and "Remote Desktop Client Update" are or do. Again thanks.

For detalied information on this update, please visit this website:
[/quote:2s5uvcs6]

Is there any way to format the HDD without adding Time Machine to the mix? I may add a back up since I may lose my main install.

Regarding the other two updates, I was wondering if I really need them, for I don't know if I have a need for those items. Anyhow thanks for your support.[/quote:2s5uvcs6]
Do you want to make a new partion and after that format the disk but without the formatted partion? :mrgreen:

If yes, the answer is no. :)

I wonder if I can add a blu ray drive to use on the Windows side of my dual boot build without messing up my Mac OS X 10.6.8 install. Is this possible? If so, could anyone recommend a blu ray drive which may not mess up my Mac OS X install. Thanks.

orestesdd said:
I wonder if I can add a blu ray drive to use on the Windows side of my dual boot build without messing up my Mac OS X 10.6.8 install. Is this possible? If so, could anyone recommend a blu ray drive which may not mess up my Mac OS X install. Thanks.
Samsung SH-B123L

Mate94 said:
orestesdd said:
Samsung SH-B123L
Could this recommendation be used within Mac OS X SL 10.6.8 or just for Windows? Anyhow, thanks.

orestesdd said:
Mate94 said:
orestesdd said:
Samsung SH-B123L
Could this recommendation be used within Mac OS X SL 10.6.8 or just for Windows? Anyhow, thanks.
Both.

Mate94 said:

Thanks. However, I am unable to find a reliable source where to buy one. Amazon has it from a third party (I don't like to buy from amazon third parties), and Newegg does not even carry Samsung brand blu ray drives. I will try to find it, but I am willing to pay more than $80 for such a drive. Again thank you.

orestesdd said:
Mate94 said:

Thanks. However, I am unable to find a reliable source where to buy one. Amazon has it from a third party (I don't like to buy from amazon third parties), and Newegg does not even carry Samsung brand blu ray drives. I will try to find it, but I am willing to pay more than $80 for such a drive. Again thank you.
Resources-->Wiki-->Hardwares or Peripherials...

Mate94 said:
orestesdd said:
Mate94 said:

Resources-->Wiki-->Hardwares or Peripherials...

Thanks. I will take a look. I was told that even if I install a blu-ray drive, I can only play DVDs on my Hack and not blu-ray discs. I can't believe Apple has not starting selling Macs with blu-ray drives. I would be OK even if the blu-ray drive didn't work at all on my Hack since I can run Windows on this same machine. Sorry if I rant so much.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back