Contribute
Register

[Success] Fadis96s - Perfect! - Z87X-D3H-i7 4770k - Nvidia GTX 780- El Capitan -OSX 10.11.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm new with Hackintosh, but I have many years of experience in computers, in the IT department of a big company in Spain, and I learnt there that all the weirdest things are possible with computers ;). Here you have a video where I show you the problem:

OK, I did it wrong ;). I thought the command was just "pmset -g", and not "pmset -g assertions" :rolleyes:. Here's the right one:

Code:
2016-08-12 12:14:34 +0200
Assertion status system-wide:
   BackgroundTask                 0
   ApplePushServiceTask           0
   UserIsActive                   0
   PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep    0
   PreventSystemSleep             0
   ExternalMedia                  0
   PreventUserIdleSystemSleep     0
   NetworkClientActive            1
Listed by owning process:
   pid 5456(smbd): [0x00001a0f001103d2] 01:31:52 NetworkClientActive named: "com.apple.smbd"
Kernel Assertions: 0x104=USB,MAGICWAKE
   id=500  level=255 0x4=USB mod=1/1/70 1:00 description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.1d100000 owner=IOUSBHostDevice
   id=501  level=255 0x4=USB mod=1/1/70 1:00 description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.1a100000 owner=IOUSBHostDevice
   id=502  level=255 0x4=USB mod=1/1/70 1:00 description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.1d150000 owner=IOUSBHostDevice
   id=503  level=255 0x4=USB mod=1/1/70 1:00 description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.1a160000 owner=USB Storage
   id=504  level=255 0x4=USB mod=1/1/70 1:00 description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.14b00000 owner=IOUSBHostDevice
   id=505  level=255 0x4=USB mod=1/1/70 1:00 description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.14c00000 owner=IOUSBHostDevice
   id=506  level=255 0x4=USB mod=1/1/70 1:00 description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.1d160000 owner=IOUSBHostDevice
   id=507  level=255 0x4=USB mod=1/1/70 1:00 description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.1d180000 owner=Logitech USB Keyboard
   id=508  level=255 0x4=USB mod=1/1/70 1:00 description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.1d170000 owner=USB Receiver
   id=509  level=255 0x100=MAGICWAKE mod=12/8/16 10:02 description=en0 owner=en0
Idle sleep preventers: IODisplayWrangler

I don't know about it, Unibeast or Multibeast must have done it ;)

I suspect it's an USB device, maybe the SD card reader included in my tower's front panel (Cooler Master Silencio I think).

I have verbose enabled and I can see the code at the boot, but should I record a video? Or is it logged somewhere in the HDD?

Okay I think it's logged in the console but it's clearer for me if you do a video recording.

Question: do you still have that sleep patch applied?

Question 2: did you use my usb3 injectors?

If you can disconnect the card reader. Do it for testing

Okay I think it's logged in the console but it's clearer for me if you do a video recording.

Here it is. Hope you can read it :)

Question: do you still have that sleep patch applied?

I think so. If it's not removed after upgrading to 10.11.6, it should be there ;).

Question 2: did you use my usb3 injectors?

Yes, I did. As I explained somewhere else, after messing with the first installation of El Capitan onto my PC, I formatted and installed again a clean one following strictly your steps from your first post in this thread. I did everything you said there, and used the files you attached there too. Recently I tried some other things, like updating Clover, adding a USB 3 driver from Clover Configurator (the one called XhciDxe), tried to update fakepciid to a newer version... Nothing fixed the "USB 3 only after second try" issue. And the KPanics happen far less often than before, but happen yet. I've ordered a couple of new fans for my tower to blow away more air when rendering, as I found the interior gets pretty hot, specially if using the GPU for rendering too ;)

So here is what i think,

Your Hackintosh looks clean!

USB legacy is enabled, your issue is in the front hud(attached), your case usb is problematic, you may need to watch the video I made, and find where the ports are different.

additionally, Your boot takes way too long, are you running on SSD?

I think your graphics is problematic too, you need to find the best combo for it. do not enable intel integrated graphics with the nvidia, its not stable.

With regards to crashing, it shouldn't happen, everything seems to be clear. Could it be your GFX???

I can make my OSX into a dmg image for you to restore but i don't know if thats within the rules of this forum and i don't know if you will face any other issues.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-08-16 at 20.04.40.png
    Screen Shot 2016-08-16 at 20.04.40.png
    253.6 KB · Views: 156
not to rub it in but i have never had a crash in EL capitan, Mind you, i do have the gtx 780 gfx card and boot with arg: -v nvda_drv=1 but i don't know if that applies for your gfx card

USB legacy is enabled, your issue is in the front hud(attached), your case usb is problematic, you may need to watch the video I made, and find where the ports are different.

Thanks! That confirms my suspects. I'll check it tomorrow and confirm the results! Thank you!
I also suspect about the USB issue causing the panics. Let's see.

additionally, Your boot takes way too long, are you running on SSD?

Nope ;). I'm not yet 100% convinced to keep MacOS in this computer, as I use it for work with 3D design, and while I'm almost there, I'm not yet totally sure about keeping it :(.

With regards to crashing, it shouldn't happen, everything seems to be clear. Could it be your GFX???

I suspect about it, that's why I ordered a couple of new case fans to keep the interior cool while rendering, because everything gets quite hot inside there ;)

I also caught this line today just after a panic. Does it means something to you?
IMG_9915.jpg
I mean this line:
Code:
Warning: couldn't block sleep during cache update

not to rub it in but i have never had a crash in EL capitan, Mind you, i do have the gtx 780 gfx card and boot with arg: -v nvda_drv=1 but i don't know if that applies for your gfx card

I'll take a look at it :)

Update: The front panel of the case I'm using has two plugs to the mobo: one USB2 plug that power one USB2 connector and the card reader. Then, a second plug for two USB3 front connectors. I've unplugged the USB2 one, and I just had a panic right now, so no improvement there.

I've also enabled within Clover the nvda_drv=1

EDIT: I've just cleared al user and system caches using Onyx to try to "clean" the system after several changes. Now the Intel GPU is disabled again too.

About ACPI Clover Configurator window, what are all those things to? Could any of those help me? They look tempting to me, but I'm afraid about messing with it even more ;)

config_plist.jpg

And about Nvidia, within Graphics panel I see also some more options. Could I play with any of these? Could I even tweak the GPU fans within there? I have a tweaked bios from my GPU to make the fans run faster, because I replaced the stock cooler with an Arctic Cooler one, and it could cool down the GPU more than it's doing now and maybe make it more reliable

config_plist.jpg

Last edited:
Is your crash usually at boot up? couldn't block sleep cache is normal, i have that. no issue.

It might be worth reflashing your bios. make sure you have f9.

Might also be worth removing the nvidia drivers and booting with nvda_drv=1, if your gfx card is natively supported.

personally, i don't think these clover options can effect the issues you're having.

Is your gfx card overheating for sure? do you know that. I also found these heat meters to be inaccurate.

Hi Fadis. The kernel panics never happen at boot, they happen randomly just after waking up the machine from sleep. Sometimes happens 2 times the same day, sometimes they happen once after 3 days. For now, the status is like this:

- Using the native GPU drivers (not using Nvidia Web drivers, specially after 10.11.6 update) are the most reliable.
- Using only the Nvidia GPU (Intel disabled).
- disabling all nvidia Clover options seems to work better.
- Panics keep happening after unplugging the front case embedded card reader/USB2 connectors.

About the GPU temps, I don't know. I never had a single issue within Windows 7, 8 or 10. It works perfectly with games and with intensive renders. I don't think it's overheating inside MacOS (the Arctic Accelero fans I'm using work much better than the stock one), but maybe some weird thing happens with the MacOS drivers for this particular model, because sometimes while rendering I see some artifacts. It happens more often using the Nvidia web drivers than the native ones. Weird :(

Update: Two days now without Panics! I've done the following:

- Native MacOS GPU drivers
- Cleaning and recreating all the user and system caches to avoid any weird thing after several tests.
- Modified the BIOS of the GPU to make the fans spin faster when idle, so the temperature doesn't ramp up as fast as they did before (from 30º to 65ºC in less than one minute when I start rendering). Now the temperature goes up much slower :).
- Modified one of the case fans to blow air into the CPU area instead of pulling it out, so more fresh air gets into that area, specially when rendering, because the GPU blows the air directly towards the CPU and RAM, and it get's pretty hot, so all the air surrounding that are was quite hot (rendering only with CPU, it was always under 60ºC, but when the GPU was also used, the CPU temps reached 70-75ºC). Now the CPU never gets hotter than 60ºC :).

So I'm wondering if the panics issues are caused maybe by heat, because it makes some parts of the mainboard behave incorrectly (maybe the RAM, and when it goes to sleep, its content gets corrupted).

So for now, the only issue left is the USB3 thing :(. I'm thinking about exchanging the case from another computer I have as a server. The one I'm using with MacOS has a Cooler Master Silencio 452, and the server has a Fractal Design Refine R4 white (a beautiful case ;) )

Update: It keeps failing with panics :'(. I'm about to desist and go back to Windows :(.

I have one panic almost every day. One day and for the first time ever I got one while working. Today I installed the MacOS security update and after going to sleep, when I woke it up, the screen was black. Then, after a hard reboot, the screen was black, only with the mouse arrow visible, so I did a second hard reboot. The last panic is a bit different, specially here:

Code:
a freed zone element has been modified in zone kalloc.48: expected 0xffffff805623ffd0 but found 0xffffff805663ffd0, bits changed 0x400000, at offset 0 of 48 in element 0xffffff805663fe20, cookies 0x3f0011863d13de94 0x535213057eae90f"@/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/xnu/xnu-3248.60.11/osfmk/kern/zalloc.c:503

I'm close to give up, as I find no solution to the panics :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back