Contribute
Register

[Success] Fadis96s - Perfect! - Z87X-D3H-i7 4770k - Nvidia GTX 780- El Capitan -OSX 10.11.4

Status
Not open for further replies.
Code:
Active Profiles:
AC Power        -1*
Currently in use:
standby              0
Sleep On Power Button 1
womp                 1
autorestart          0
hibernatefile        /var/vm/sleepimage
powernap             0
networkoversleep     0
disksleep            10
sleep                10
autopoweroffdelay    14400
hibernatemode        0
autopoweroff         0
ttyskeepawake        1
displaysleep         10
standbydelay         10800

This is not all, is there more to this window? peset -g assertion should give you all the reasons why your mac can't go to sleep.

I've 16GB (2x8GB modules). Here's the system information about them. It's in Spanish but I hope it's no problem ;) :

View attachment 206320

With regards to the ram, You can add it to the info.plist, as a precautionary measure.

Whats more, looking at your info.plist, you have the intel graphics injected, you need to remove that, don't think it will effect anything but no point of having it.

I haven't seen anything that may suggest why you're crashing, so I need you to boot in verbose mode (-v) and show me the entries of text at startup. maybe i can see something wrong there.

Also, I don't think you have CPU power management, so you need to do that.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/guide-native-power-management-for-laptops.175801/

This is a laptop guide but will work for desktop too, can't find the desktop thread.

Your RAM is in the wrong slots i think.
look at mine. attached

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-08-09 at 22.34.10.png
    Screen Shot 2016-08-09 at 22.34.10.png
    24.4 KB · Views: 198
This is not all, is there more to this window?

bash_—_80×24.png
Nope, that's all

peset -g assertion should give you all the reasons why your mac can't go to sleep.

I think maybe I didn't explain it right, or maybe I explained too much (I tend to do so). Yes, it goes to sleep, no problem. The problem is when I wake up and not always, especially after some hours. But this issue is almost gone. I reinstalled a second time being more strict following your indications, and also applied the "disable deep sleep trick", and it works fine for a couple of days, then a kpanic happens again one more time. I have to say that I'm maybe not a normal user, I use SketchUp and Thea Render which uses CUDA very intensively, and sometimes I think the issue could be related more to Nvidia drivers than to the hack itself. That's why I'm using now the native MacOS drivers, because specially after 10.11.6, the Nvidia drivers produce much more kpanics than before.

With regards to the ram, You can add it to the info.plist, as a precautionary measure.

Whats more, looking at your info.plist, you have the intel graphics injected, you need to remove that, don't think it will effect anything but no point of having it.

I haven't seen anything that may suggest why you're crashing, so I need you to boot in verbose mode (-v) and show me the entries of text at startup. maybe i can see something wrong there.

I'll do what you suggest here

Also, I don't think you have CPU power management, so you need to do that.

Yes, I have :). First, I used the ssdt.aml recommended by MultiBeast after the first run, but later I used your instructions and made the specific one to my processor. I suppose I installed it correctly (I just copied it into /Volumes/EFI/EFI/CLOVER/ACPI/patched and deleted the MultiBeast one). I see it throttling up and down in iStats, so I suppose it's working, isn't it?

Your Ram is in the wrong slots i think.
look at mine. attached

I'm not sure about that :). The text on the MOBO and the instructions tell me that DIMM 0 and 1 are the two closer to the processor, but then the BIOS and both Windows and MacOS, tell me that DIMM 0 and 1 are the two others. Is it a fail in the label or in the BIOS? I normally had them as you, but as I began testing hackintosh and getting all these kpanics, I moved them to the other DIMMs just to ensure it wasn't that, but it works exactly the same, and fails exactly the same :D

Oh, I forgot an extra little bug that I got which annoys me, but I'm waiting first to fix the Kpanics, and then I'll focus on that:
if I plug anything USB3 on a USB3 connector, it works as USB2 the first try. If I unmount it, and plug it again on a different USB connector, then it works as USB3. Weird, but it happens and drives me crazy :banghead: :crazy:

...I used the ssdt.aml recommended by MultiBeast after the first run...
As noted in MultiBeast, the SSDT choices in MultiBeast are for Sandy Bridge "K" processors (i5-2500K, i7-2600K/2700K).

As noted in MultiBeast, the SSDT choices in MultiBeast are for Sandy Bridge "K" processors (i5-2500K, i7-2600K/2700K).

Yeah, that's why I later used ssdtPRgen.sh method :)

By the way: yesterday, after all the updates to my info.plist (removing intel, and adding RAM), I got a new different crash: black screen. Also, sometimes, after some heavy use of the GPU rendering, I begin to see artifacts on screen, maybe because overheating of the GPU, but that's an Nvidia issue :(. Is it easy to enable the Intel GPU from my 4670K processor? I would like to give it a try before taking a decision about the future of MacOS inside this PC ;)

EDIT: I already enabled the Intel GPU surprisingly easy :). I just did what they say here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/fix-hd4200-hd4400-hd4600-hd5600-on-10-11.175797/ except from injecting device-id=0x0412 (I think that's for the mobile CPU, isn't it?). It seems to work fine, and it's under testing now ;)

Last edited:
Oh, I forgot an extra little bug that I got which annoys me, but I'm waiting first to fix the Kpanics, and then I'll focus on that:
if I plug anything USB3 on a USB3 connector, it works as USB2 the first try. If I unmount it, and plug it again on a different USB connector, then it works as USB3. Weird, but it happens and drives me crazy :banghead: :crazy:

USBs either work or they don't! you need to make sure you fix that to avoid future issues.

This can be done by correctly injecting the right ports. If you have the same mobo (which you do), you can use mine.

Yeah, that's why I later used ssdtPRgen.sh method :)

By the way: yesterday, after all the updates to my info.plist (removing intel, and adding RAM), I got a new different crash: black screen. Also, sometimes, after some heavy use of the GPU rendering, I begin to see artifacts on screen, maybe because overheating of the GPU, but that's an Nvidia issue :(. Is it easy to enable the Intel GPU from my 4670K processor? I would like to give it a try before taking a decision about the future of MacOS inside this PC ;)

EDIT: I already enabled the Intel GPU surprisingly easy :). I just did what they say here: http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/fix-hd4200-hd4400-hd4600-hd5600-on-10-11.175797/ except from injecting device-id=0x0412 (I think that's for the mobile CPU, isn't it?). It seems to work fine, and it's under testing now ;)

I have the intel graphics working but i get artefacts every now and then. it works but it is not as stable as everything else.

So you think your gpu is causing this issue? carry on testing without it. let me know if you crash.

I used to have an unstable system like yours, when I was running mountain lion, I can't remember exactly how i fixed it but i think it may have been bios update. I understand you're using F9 which is the latest bios.

My nvidia never gave me an issue, People usually have issues with ram, try using one ram stick, insert your ram in white/grey slots!

I have attached an image of my pmset -g assertions command, you can see that they all have the value of 0, which means nothing is stopping my system from sleep or disturbing the process. I noticed you had dart=0, I don't have that, apparently it controls the VT-d switch. Furthermore, your motherboard should work with sleep and wake without any extra patches so i don't know why you're applying that deep sleep patch.

I need you to boot with verbose mode and show me the code at the startup, i want to see if i can spot anything in that

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2016-08-11 at 22.27.57.png
    Screen Shot 2016-08-11 at 22.27.57.png
    110.3 KB · Views: 139
USBs either work or they don't! you need to make sure you fix that to avoid future issues.
I'm new with Hackintosh, but I have many years of experience in computers, in the IT department of a big company in Spain, and I learnt there that all the weirdest things are possible with computers ;). Here you have a video where I show you the problem:

I have attached an image of my pmset -g assertions command

OK, I did it wrong ;). I thought the command was just "pmset -g", and not "pmset -g assertions" :rolleyes:. Here's the right one:

Code:
2016-08-12 12:14:34 +0200
Assertion status system-wide:
   BackgroundTask                 0
   ApplePushServiceTask           0
   UserIsActive                   0
   PreventUserIdleDisplaySleep    0
   PreventSystemSleep             0
   ExternalMedia                  0
   PreventUserIdleSystemSleep     0
   NetworkClientActive            1
Listed by owning process:
   pid 5456(smbd): [0x00001a0f001103d2] 01:31:52 NetworkClientActive named: "com.apple.smbd"
Kernel Assertions: 0x104=USB,MAGICWAKE
   id=500  level=255 0x4=USB mod=1/1/70 1:00 description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.1d100000 owner=IOUSBHostDevice
   id=501  level=255 0x4=USB mod=1/1/70 1:00 description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.1a100000 owner=IOUSBHostDevice
   id=502  level=255 0x4=USB mod=1/1/70 1:00 description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.1d150000 owner=IOUSBHostDevice
   id=503  level=255 0x4=USB mod=1/1/70 1:00 description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.1a160000 owner=USB Storage
   id=504  level=255 0x4=USB mod=1/1/70 1:00 description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.14b00000 owner=IOUSBHostDevice
   id=505  level=255 0x4=USB mod=1/1/70 1:00 description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.14c00000 owner=IOUSBHostDevice
   id=506  level=255 0x4=USB mod=1/1/70 1:00 description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.1d160000 owner=IOUSBHostDevice
   id=507  level=255 0x4=USB mod=1/1/70 1:00 description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.1d180000 owner=Logitech USB Keyboard
   id=508  level=255 0x4=USB mod=1/1/70 1:00 description=com.apple.usb.externaldevice.1d170000 owner=USB Receiver
   id=509  level=255 0x100=MAGICWAKE mod=12/8/16 10:02 description=en0 owner=en0
Idle sleep preventers: IODisplayWrangler

I noticed you had dart=0, I don't have that, apparently it controls the VT-d switch

I don't know about it, Unibeast or Multibeast must have done it ;)

your motherboard should work with sleep and wake without any extra patches so i don't know why you're applying that deep sleep patch

I suspect it's an USB device, maybe the SD card reader included in my tower's front panel (Cooler Master Silencio I think).

I need you to boot with verbose mode and show me the code at the startup, i want to see if i can spot anything in that

I have verbose enabled and I can see the code at the boot, but should I record a video? Or is it logged somewhere in the HDD?

I don't know about it, Unibeast or Multibeast must have done it ;)

No, UniBeast nor Multibeast inserts that Boot Argument - Clover does. (Hint: Boot Argument.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back