Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS Z270 ROG Maximus IX Hero - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - Intel HD 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
Follow the El Capitan installation instructions as I note in the relevant portion of my guide ("Installation of the OS").

I followed them a few times...I did the necessary BIOS changes I installed the OS succesfully, I got bootloader installed, i have config.plist with your suggested changes and ran multi beast for el capitan with the SMC, 14,2, UEFI boot and UEFI clover bootloader in the build.

Still the same result...a long loading screen then a stop sign. I will attempt to run in verbose next.,...

@JCMunsonII So I removed the USB and booted in Verbose mode and attaching where it got stuck. Hope this helps...thanks so much for your patience!

Attachments

• IMG_2655.JPG
    IMG_2655.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 67
Do you have any PCIe cards in the system?

Should I use the Sierra MultiBeast though even if I'm trying to install El Capitan?
Well, that explains everything. Now, I know how you got a SysDef of MacPro3,1.

Well, I'm going to bow out now as it seems I came in at the middle of the movie.
JCMunsonII will get you going.

Oh, moog84, welcome to the HERO Club!

Do you have any PCIe cards in the system?

No...I have a NVME SSD which is installed but not used yet.....OS X is on a SATA SSD. No PCI cards

MAdb3AR, your post is Off Topic. This thread is about JCMunsonII's build description and his installation procedures.

Well, that explains everything. Now, I know how you got a SysDef of MacPro3,1.

Well, I'm going to bow out now as it seems I came in at the middle of the movie.
JCMunsonII will get you going.

Oh, moog84, welcome to the HERO Club!
Thanks a lot Stork. Hopefully we'll get to the bottom of this :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back