Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS Z270 ROG Maximus IX Hero - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - Intel HD 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
The MultiBeast for Sierra uses iMac14,2 as it's default System Definition. (See the MultiBeast v9.2 Features document that comes with MultiBeast or a MultiBeast.com.)

If you mounted your HDD's EFI partition and Clover wasn't there, then you must have mounted another drive's EFI partition or you didn't run MultiBeast with our HEROs' configuration.

To mount the EFI partition, I use a two step procedure:
:ch: In the Terminal, copy, paste and execute the following command:
Code:
diskutil list
The result is a list of drives and their respective partitions. Note the EFI partition name "diskxs1" of your installation drive.

:ch: Run EFI Mounter v3 and select your "diskxs1".​

Now you should have the correct EFI folder mounted.

Thanks. So you suggest the order should be first to run your MultiBeast guide then get to the Clover Config and apply JCMunsonII's tweaks?

Should I use the Sierra MultiBeast though even if I'm trying to install El Capitan?

The MultiBeast for Sierra uses iMac14,2 as it's default System Definition. (See the MultiBeast v9.2 Features document that comes with MultiBeast or a MultiBeast.com.)

If you mounted your HDD's EFI partition and Clover wasn't there, then you must have mounted another drive's EFI partition or you didn't run MultiBeast with our HEROs' configuration.

To mount the EFI partition, I use a two step procedure:
:ch: In the Terminal, copy, paste and execute the following command:
Code:
diskutil list
The result is a list of drives and their respective partitions. Note the EFI partition name "diskxs1" of your installation drive.

:ch: Run EFI Mounter v3 and select your "diskxs1".​

Now you should have the correct EFI folder mounted.

Ok great. i will that way of mounting my EFI and report back!

@moog84 - did you install Clover to the HDD? I didn't read that in your description.

When you boot via Clover, the start param of -v gets you verbose mode. EDIT: I think there is a "verbose mode" option as well, but can't recall off the top of my head.

NO, you do NOT use the Sierra Multibeast for El Capitan - the instructions for Sierra, etc., are a little different. You want the "stuff" in this thread.

@moog84 - did you install Clover to the HDD? I didn't read that in your description.

When you boot via Clover, the start param of -v gets you verbose mode. EDIT: I think there is a "verbose mode" option as well, but can't recall off the top of my head.

NO, you do NOT use the Sierra Multibeast for El Capitan - the instructions for Sierra, etc., are a little different. You want the "stuff" in this thread.

No I don't think I did something specific to install Clover, but just the Clover Configrator. As mentioned I just copied the Clover folder from the USB once I booted in OS in the EFI. Then I used the configurator. Btw The one time I used Multibeast it was for El Capitan, I only downloaded that anyway.

@Stork Turns out I was mounting the correct EFIof m my HDD the whole time :( Any reason why it would be empty without the clover folder?

No I don't think I did something specific to install Clover, but just the Clover Configrator. As mentioned I just copied the Clover folder from the USB once I booted in OS in the EFI. Then I used the configurator. Btw The one time I used Multibeast it was for El Capitan, I only downloaded that anyway.

@Stork Turns out I was mounting the correct EFIof m my HDD the whole time :( Any reason why it would be empty without the clover folder?
Because you didn't install Clover to the HDD. That should happen in the Post Install with Multibeast portion of the El Capitan instructions I linked to...

Signature, not profile... ;)
Ok so to clarify I need the "Clover EFI bootloader"? Does the order make a difference? If I get this installed should I re-do the Clover configurator and config.plist process?

Ok so to clarify I need the "Clover EFI bootloader"? Does the order make a difference? If I get this installed should I re-do the Clover configurator and config.plist process?
Follow the El Capitan installation instructions as I note in the relevant portion of my guide ("Installation of the OS").

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back