Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS Z270 ROG Maximus IX Hero - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - Intel HD 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
Have a same hardware, but small points in geekbanch..
may be you have an advice?:)

Attachments

• Снимок экрана 2017-10-08 в 14.52.48.png
    Снимок экрана 2017-10-08 в 14.52.48.png
    100.4 KB · Views: 110
Hi,

I am new here (bet you heard this before :)

I have just finished my first build and first hackintosh OS install is complete. I can only boot in my El Capitan installation using the USB's UEFI. If I boot without it I get the loading screen then the prohibition sign comes up and stays there.

I messed up my installation a few times and had to re-install and start over and as a newbie on this there are too many parameters to even know where to start troubleshooting so it has got a bit overwhelming....

I am including my current config.plist and some screenshots of my EFI folder structure. Do these seem right for my set up? (z270, 7700k, Intel Onboard Graphics, El Capitan). What kexts should I have in my folder? I read I should copy the same set of kexts in 10.10, 10.11 and Other folders so I did but still the same thing? I'm I missing something in config.plist or is there another step after this that will fix the issue? I just need to get a stable installation where it boots into the OS without a UniBeast USB and then i can worry about fixing anything non-essential that doean't work.

Also, not sure if it's relevant but my i7 is currently recognised as a Xeon in System Information. This may be related to wrong Clover options?

Any help on the next step I need to do to complete the installation and avoid breaking everything again would be much appreciated. @Stork @JCMunsonII @RehabMan @bombardier any ideas since you are all at the top of your game here or have builds with similar specs to mine :)
Greetings!

First, good show on not giving up!

Second, please, as per rules, update your profile with your hardware - helps others help you.

and Third, please boot in verbose mode (not with the USB key) and post a screenshot of the error you receive.

Overall, sounds your Clover config.plist is wrong (I'll have a look shortly) - did you use someone else's or build one up from scratch? DO make sure you have the latest Clover & Clover Configurator!

Have a same hardware, but small points in geekbanch..
may be you have an advice?:)
Sure - as you have the K series processor, overclock it. You won't be able to improve the graphics score by too much considering you have a low-end 1050 card.

I also recommend you go to the 18,3 SMBIOS as it has proven, for me, to be less "glitchy" (which is hard to quantify, but see my notes in the build at Post 1).

Hi,

I am new here (bet you heard this before :)

I have just finished my first build and first hackintosh OS install is complete. I can only boot in my El Capitan installation using the USB's UEFI. If I boot without it I get the loading screen then the prohibition sign comes up and stays there.
I suggest "starting over" again - read my build guide, and @Stork 's build guide, and follow it. It seems you may be missing things from the config.plist, and it may be easier to do that than try to figure out what you should/should not have.

Use the iMac 14,2 SMBIOS - no reason for the Mac Pro 3,1 sysdef that I'm aware of.

Use the iMac 14,2 SMBIOS - no reason for the Mac Pro 3,1 sysdef that I'm aware of.
The 2008 Mac Pro (3,1) is no longer supported by macOS starting with Sierra (10.12)

Greetings!

First, good show on not giving up!

Second, please, as per rules, update your profile with your hardware - helps others help you.

and Third, please boot in verbose mode (not with the USB key) and post a screenshot of the error you receive.

Overall, sounds your Clover config.plist is wrong (I'll have a look shortly) - did you use someone else's or build one up from scratch? DO make sure you have the latest Clover & Clover Configurator!

JCM, thanks for your reply!

I spent quite a bit of time & £££ on this new build which I intend to use for work so giving up is not an option :roll2: Hopefully the details of my build should be visible now too.

Basically I got all the tools from tonymacx86 so I assume they are the latest ones. My Clover Configurator is: 4.42.1 Vibrant Edition...

The config.plist came from the USB as I copied the entire folder in my EFI partition then used it to add the changes in your guide as we basically have the same build including the Air 540 :)

If I remove the USB I get a slightly different boot screen I click on the OS partition holding Command+V but it still leads to the same long loading screen and eventually to the stop/prohibited sign :( Is there another way to boot to Verbose mode?

I have also tried with 14,2 and still the same issue. I have now corrected that. Also I followed your guide many times to the letter up to the point of CPU Power Management. When I go to Stork's guide to apply the MultiBeast goodies there is no change in the situation....

The 2008 Mac Pro (3,1) is no longer supported by macOS starting with Sierra (10.12)
THanks for the reply Stork. Originally I had tried with 14,2 many times. The 3,1 was added after I followed your MultiBeast guide which I was hoping may solve this but unfortunately no change....

THanks for the reply Stork. Originally I had tried with 14,2 many times. The 3,1 was added after I followed your MultiBeast guide which I was hoping may solve this but unfortunately no change....
Oops! Which guide was that? MyHero build description installation procedure shows iMac14,2.

Oops! Which guide was that? MyHero build description installation procedure shows iMac14,2.
@Stork It was MyHero, maybe I did something wrong :)

The process I followed in each step was:

1. Unibeast to create the El Capitan Stick
2. Followed JCMunsonII BIOS settings as we use the same mobo
3. I then copied Clover Configurator on the Desktop on the first succesful boot (using the USB)
4. i mounted the EFI located the HDD's EFI and ignored the one on the USB stick.
5. Clover was not on there so I copied the folder from the USB stick including the config.plist
6. I used that config.plist as a basis to apply JCMunson's suggested edits all the way before the 'CPU Power Management' which is where I stopped.

Have I missed any steps? In my last attempt I avoided using any other tools including MultiBeast.

@JCMunsonII If we are using the same motherboard and CPU would it help if I used the same config.plist as you? But if you are using a GPU just change that to the Intel Onboard graphics settings as I haven't installed a graphics card yet...

The MultiBeast for Sierra uses iMac14,2 as it's default System Definition. (See the MultiBeast v9.2 Features document that comes with MultiBeast or a MultiBeast.com.)

If you mounted your HDD's EFI partition and Clover wasn't there, then you must have mounted another drive's EFI partition or you didn't run MultiBeast with our HEROs' configuration.

To mount the EFI partition, I use a two step procedure:
:ch: In the Terminal, copy, paste and execute the following command:
Code:
diskutil list
The result is a list of drives and their respective partitions. Note the EFI partition name "diskxs1" of your installation drive.

:ch: Run EFI Mounter v3 and select your "diskxs1".​

Now you should have the correct EFI folder mounted.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back