Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] ASUS Z270 ROG Maximus IX Hero - i7-7700K - 32GB RAM - Intel HD 630

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes, external USB stuff can interrupt sleep/cause bad behaviors, as can Bluetooth.

To confirm, have you set up the custom USB ports? And, have you implemented the custom power management?

Yeah everything like you did in your Guide/Build.

I will check my bluetooth devices now for that shut down issue , but i thinkk the bluetooth can wake the mac only in sleep mode or not?

Because my shut down problem is , i shut down the pc and it reboots and stays not down

Please attach proper problem reporting files.

This guide seems good too- http://www.overclock.net/t/1621347/kaby-lake-overclocking-guide-with-statistics
Seems like on a basic level its just a matter of knowing and settling on a good ghz and voltage ratio. One of the videos I watched suggested to never go over 1.42v.. then I was reading about people blowing out their cpus when doing 1.5v overclocks so I guess that makes sense. Do you know if it matters if XMP is on for our builds or is that just your guidance?

XMP should be enabled per general guides here on the forum, and also if your RAM speed is above 2133.

XMP should be enabled per general guides here on the forum, and also if your RAM speed is above 2133.

Ya.. Here are the settings I tried to do. It didn't register in my about mac section even though I thought selecting pstates in clover would help that. I did however smell a slight burning scent after a few minutes and decided to reboot, undo and get back to it after work. I thought there was a to check ghz speed through terminal but I can't seem to find that command.

Attachments

• IMG_2385.jpg
    IMG_2385.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 62
I will see what my voltage is... (gotta reboot to do it of course)...

Alright, I fooled with it a little bit. I have to leave my system in Auto for CPU Core Voltage, and that reads as 1.104. Perhaps I didn't hit the CPU lottery in that respect, OR, there is more I have to change.

Otherwise, manually setting it to 1.25 resulted in no boot, and 1.2 also no boot.

Other than fans spinning up/down a little more than I believe they should, everything, for me, works really quickly so I think I'll leave it be. ;)

Originally, I believe I used the "auto tweaker" to get where the system is at, and then re-applied the necessary changes to facilitate macOS, plus changed the core ratio to 50 (leaving it at "sync all cores").

Alright, I fooled with it a little bit. I have to leave my system in Auto for CPU Core Voltage, and that reads as 1.104. Perhaps I didn't hit the CPU lottery in that respect, OR, there is more I have to change.

Otherwise, manually setting it to 1.25 resulted in no boot, and 1.2 also no boot.

Other than fans spinning up/down a little more than I believe they should, everything, for me, works really quickly so I think I'll leave it be. ;)

Originally, I believe I used the "auto tweaker" to get where the system is at, and then re-applied the necessary changes to facilitate macOS, plus changed the core ratio to 50 (leaving it at "sync all cores").

Oh interesting.. Ya I tried auto tweaker the other day but didn't reconfig for macOs.. the result wasn't pretty! so cores are at 50 and auto cpu core voltage work for you? Guess I can try the 5ghz preset w/ macOs tweaks too

USB 3.0 not working

I'm a hackintosh noob, so please take it easy on me. Although, I'm not new to custom build or macs - I'm old skool in that regard. I have pretty much the exact same build as JCMunson and have been able to follow his guide and other similar builds to get my hackintosh running pretty solidly. However, the only issue I'm having is with USB 3.0, I can't get it to work at all. USB 2.0 seems a bit flaky too, at last with my USB 3.0 hub (it's a KVM). I haven't made it to the USB port mapping bit yet because I don't have USB 3.0 working.

I don't have XHCI Hand Off option in my BOIS v 2.17.1246 is that my problem? Thoughts/recommendations?

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back