Contribute
Register

[Success] - Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming + i9 10900K + OpenCore

I am not sure how to read out or update the firmware of that M2 970 evo plus.....
I will try with another M2 from WD or with the 970 evo hope that could solve the issue

I am not sure how to read out or update the firmware of that M2 970 evo plus.....
I will try with another M2 from WD or with the 970 evo hope that could solve the issue

Its done using Samsung Magician software in windows. Swapping out to either of those drives could be the ticket

I remember when Samsung provided how to create the bootable linux drive instructions on their website. For whatever reason they are back to using Samsung Magician but if the older method still works thats awesome for users who don’t have windows installed.

I will try with another M2 from WD or the 970 evo, I will try to read out the firmware from the 970 eco plus. you think there is a good chance that the M2 ssd causes this issue of not starting the installer of Big Sur? If you see any other thing to adjust in my configuration or any failure I am happy about that!! Thanks :)

One issue I have had is if the drive was previously formatted as NTFS it’s tough to clear the EFI partition Windows creates using OSX. What worked for me is using a bootable Windows usb drive and instead of proceeding with install go to the trouble shooting menu and under command prompt use the DISKPART utility to CLEAN the disk, it wipes out all formatting and takes it back to zip. Search for DISKPART for more information. If you have another bootable drive in the system make sure you don’t select that drive by mistake and wipe it clean....:banghead:

I will try with another M2 from WD or the 970 evo, I will try to read out the firmware from the 970 eco plus. you think there is a good chance that the M2 ssd causes this issue of not starting the installer of Big Sur? If you see any other thing to adjust in my configuration or any failure I am happy about that!! Thanks :)
See where you get, I can hook my system back up and send you my EFI folder later if you are still having problems.

thanks I would be interested to see and compare your EFI with my one

again a question, why is it not possible than to install on my internal SATA ssd crucial mx500? are they not supported?

thanks I would be interested to see and compare your EFI with my one
Here is mine, if you have problems with display remove this boot argument " agdpmod=pikera"
I have a 580 card on a starter set system and it works fine with it but you never know)

Attachments

• Z490 OC6.4 EFI.zip
    3.3 MB · Views: 47
Back