Contribute
Register

[Success] - Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming + i9 10900K + OpenCore

thanks I will have a look and try

again a question, why is it not possible than to install on my internal SATA ssd crucial mx500? are they not supported?
See here form the Dortania trouble shooting guide

Attachments

• SSD.pdf
    32.6 KB · Views: 79
ok but I can see the crucial mx500 sata ssd in disk utilities and can format it and choose it, but as well installer did not start.... I will try and come back, thanks for all your help so far !!

Here is mine, if you have problems with display remove this boot argument " agdpmod=pikera"
I have a 580 card on a starter set system and it works fine with it but you never know)
I tried with your EFI, same issue.... I can boot until disk utility but still installer will not start....

there is only in my system the Z490-E, 970 evo plus, i7 10700k, RX570, fenviT919, G.Skill 3200 2x 16GB RAM, Corsair h100x CPU cooler
nothing really special and should work...

After you format the SSD does Big Sur see it as a option to install to or no?

Yes, both the M2 and the sata ssd show up for big sur to install, but nothing starts. As well with Catalina, installer does not start. Any further ideas what I can try? System is similar to yours or?

Should the BIOS be updated?

monitor via hdmi via graphic card (rx570) or via mother board hdmi?

Yes, both the M2 and the sata ssd show up for big sur to install, but nothing starts. As well with Catalina, installer does not start. Any further ideas what I can try? System is similar to yours or?

Should the BIOS be updated?

monitor via hdmi via graphic card (rx570) or via mother board hdmi?
Don't worry about video output yet, you have it configured for dGPU from what you've said. iGPU will not work unless you make changes to the Device ID. I don't think it's related to the bios version either.

I'm a little confused as to what's actually happening from your explanation. Can you please run the installer again and take a picture of what happens when you try to start it and post it?

here is my little photo story of what is working while I try to boot and install Big Sur
IMG_4996 start

after I click on macOS M2 (catalina or Big Sur) it will just go back to the utility menu without starting the installer (IMG_5005)

in the Log:
"failed to load trust cache with error code 1" ?

Attachments

• IMG_5005.JPG
    IMG_5005.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 49
  • IMG_5004.JPG
    IMG_5004.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 35
  • IMG_5003.JPG
    IMG_5003.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_5002.JPG
    IMG_5002.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_5001.JPG
    IMG_5001.JPG
    3.1 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_4999.JPG
    IMG_4999.JPG
    2 MB · Views: 40
  • IMG_4998.JPG
    IMG_4998.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 41
  • IMG_4997.JPG
    IMG_4997.JPG
    4.6 MB · Views: 38
  • IMG_4996.JPG
    IMG_4996.JPG
    2.6 MB · Views: 42
  • IMG_5007.JPG
    IMG_5007.JPG
    3.8 MB · Views: 37
  • IMG_5006.JPG
    IMG_5006.JPG
    3.5 MB · Views: 46
Last edited:
here is my little photo story of what is working while I try to boot and install Big Sur
IMG_4996 start

after I click on macOS M2 (catalina or Big Sur) it will just go back to the utility menu without starting the installer (IMG_5005)

in the Log:
"failed to load trust cache with error code

Everything looks pretty good, is it possible your install drive is borked?

you mean the USB stick? I tried already with three different ones (16GB USB sticks) every time same behavior

Back