Contribute
Register

[Success] - Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming + i9 10900K + OpenCore

here is my little photo story of what is working while I try to boot and install Big Sur
IMG_4996 start

after I click on macOS M2 (catalina or Big Sur) it will just go back to the utility menu without starting the installer (IMG_5005)

in the Log:
"failed to load trust cache with error code 1" ?
Using the same download? Do a search for the error code....

I'm out of ideas.

thanks so far...! I will try with another M2

thanks so far...! I will try with another M2
My only other suggestion is if you have used those drives for windows before use DISKPART or some other partitioning utility to remove all traces of previous formatting. Ususlly if you don't in past versions the drives show but are grayed out and not available. I don't know about Big Sur.

These are all fresh new ordered drives nothing installed before...

These are all fresh new ordered drives nothing installed before...
Damn...so odd. Again maybe the download was corrupted.

Last idea, really this time, try to Clear the NVRAM

I did clear nvram before trying to install again via the icon on first screen, is this correct?

I did clear nvram before trying to install again via the icon on first screen, is this correct?

My 2 cents. Try my EFI, just use a utility to generate valid values for UUID, Serial, etc. like mentioned in the first post. I'd do it without the DGPU at first, video plugged into the DP port. Also maybe try Catalina instead of Big Sur. I'm running B.S. on my real MacBook Pro and honestly I'm not a fan.

My 2 cents. Try my EFI, just use a utility to generate valid values for UUID, Serial, etc. like mentioned in the first post. I'd do it without the DGPU at first, video plugged into the DP port. Also maybe try Catalina instead of Big Sur. I'm running B.S. on my real MacBook Pro and honestly I'm not a fan.
All reasonable suggestions
Yes, that's what I meant.

thanks @scope666 and @Leesureone but still no success, the installer will not start, I tried both Big Sur and Catalina and with the EFI from scope666 and leesureone, via hdmi and DP on both motherboard and DGPU....
I generated UUID and Serial for iMac20,1 (i7 10700k) and put them into the config.plist as well

thanks @scope666 and @Leesureone but still no success, the installer will not start, I tried both Big Sur and Catalina and with the EFI from scope666 and leesureone, via hdmi and DP on both motherboard and DGPU....
I generated UUID and Serial for iMac20,1 (i7 10700k) and put them into the config.plist as well
You must be a little frustrated by now, I swear it was about 10000 times easier for me, tweaked the device ID and removed a patch.
How did you create the install media? Have tried redoing that or using a different method? If that's a non starter then maybe reflashing the bios is worth trying....super unusual error. I searched for your error message and could not find anything usefull.

Back