Contribute
Register

[Success] - Asus ROG Strix Z490-E Gaming + i9 10900K + OpenCore

Hello @scope666 and all thank you for this sharing and all this informations! :)

I have the same motherboard i just just one question i used your fix for the f1 issue. Is it possible to know exactly how you built it?

Another small question, I have a fenvi T919 card everything works wifi and bluetooth but in my panel the bluetooth remains in red but works it's strange... My usbmap is ok, but I have a question, for you a 2.0 hub : it's 1 port or 2? For me in logic it is 1 port.

Example XHC HS07 is a 2.0 hub which supplies the usb on my front pc box. The 2 usb ports fall on HS07. So it's only one port out of the 15 possible? Thanks for your help!

I was on an amd platform before, it's day and night for the hackintosh. I'm glad to be with intel now :)
I believe the F1 fix was supplied/ created by another user which @scope666 can verify. You might try searching for it and see if you can find more information. I use it as well and needed a similar fix for an Asus Z390 board I had to use it on so restarts wouldn’t boot into the bios.
As far as your bluetooth issue did you disable the Asus supplied intel wireless/bluetooth card in the bios? If not that may be what you are seeing.
I forget how my USBPorts.kext is configured but if HS07 is just a USB2 Header then you should only need one port and it can be set as a couple ways. See below for an explanation from user UtterDisbelief

A physical USB 3.0/3.1 port has more contacts inside it than a USB 2.0 port so we should tell the system what kind each one is or it won’t function properly.

For a USB 2.0 port (usually black) we need to set: “UsbConnector”, 0,

For a USB 3.0 port (usually blue) we need to set: “UsbConnector”, 3, - even if we mostly use it for a USB 2.0 device.

For a Motherboard USB 2.0 port used for a BlueTooth card we need: “UsbConnector”, 255, - this is to stop the BT device waking your PC from sleep unnecessarily.

Last edited:
I believe the F1 fix was supplied/ created by another user which @scope666 can verify. You might try searching for it and see if you can find more information. I use it as well and needed a similar fix for an Asus Z390 board I had to use it on so restarts wouldn’t boot into the bios.
As far as your bluetooth issue did you disable the Asus supplied intel wireless/bluetooth card in the bios? If not that may be what you are seeing.
I forget how my USBPorts.kext is configured but if HS07 is just a USB2 Header then you should only need one port and it can be set as a couple ways. See below for an explanation from user UtterDisbelief

A physical USB 3.0/3.1 port has more contacts inside it than a USB 2.0 port so we should tell the system what kind each one is or it won’t function properly.

For a USB 2.0 port (usually black) we need to set: “UsbConnector”, 0,

For a USB 3.0 port (usually blue) we need to set: “UsbConnector”, 3, - even if we mostly use it for a USB 2.0 device.

For a Motherboard USB 2.0 port used for a BlueTooth card we need: “UsbConnector”, 255, - this is to stop the BT device waking your PC from sleep unnecessarily.
@Leesureone

Thank you for your answer! :)

Yes I was aware of the USB ports. I was just in doubt about the 2.0 hub but was pretty sure aa only counted for 1 port.

For the F1 problem I used the fix available in the config.plist available here. I just want to know how this fix is built :)

Everything works perfectly with the fenvi t919 and the usb mapping. The usb mapping is much easier to do than on my old 3700x + x570 combo.

I'm a graphic designer and for me adobe was really important. And I didn't want to buy a new imac anymore. I wanted to try the hackintosh :) I leave pictures of my construction! Thank you again for this great topic.

My construction : ASUS z490 E Gaming / i7 10700k / Sapphire 5700xt Nitro+ / Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x16go 3200 CAS16

Attachments

• Hackintosh-z490-10700k-5700XT.jpg
    Hackintosh-z490-10700k-5700XT.jpg
    393.2 KB · Views: 72
  • Hackintool-USBMap.jpg
    Hackintool-USBMap.jpg
    159.1 KB · Views: 70
  • IORegistryExplorer-USBMap.jpg
    IORegistryExplorer-USBMap.jpg
    347.1 KB · Views: 58
  • Geekbench-INTEL-10700k.jpg
    Geekbench-INTEL-10700k.jpg
    104.8 KB · Views: 79
  • Geekbench-RX5700XT-Nitro-OpenCL-1.jpg
    Geekbench-RX5700XT-Nitro-OpenCL-1.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 61
I have it in there for now because the guide specifies it:

View attachment 494693

What this SSDT does​

So on 400 series motherboards, certain OEMs have broken the ACPI spec and this results in issues when booting into macOS. To fix this, we'll want to turn off the RHUB device and force macOS to manually rebuild the ports.

The following platforms will require fixing:

• Mobile Icelake(currently Dell and Lenovo are the 2 known with this issue)
  • Asus Z490 (Gigabyte and AsRock users are fine, whether MSI currently this is unknown)

#

PS @scope666 - I love your drawing skills with the red outline above - lol :)

Hi guys! :)

I have one last problem with this hackintosh. I have a problem with the native nvram. On my old ryzen platform it worked but on the Z490 it doesn't. I don't quite understand why.

If I do the test written in the guide opencore I have this: Error clearing firmware variables: (iokit / common) not permitted

I'm thinking of redoing an installation to see if there is any difference but I don't think so. If you have any advice to correct this problem? Is it a motherboard problem? I will read again all your work @scope666

Hope to find a solution... Thanks for your help! :)

Hi guys! :)

I have one last problem with this hackintosh. I have a problem with the native nvram. On my old ryzen platform it worked but on the Z490 it doesn't. I don't quite understand why.

If I do the test written in the guide opencore I have this: Error clearing firmware variables: (iokit / common) not permitted

I'm thinking of redoing an installation to see if there is any difference but I don't think so. If you have any advice to correct this problem? Is it a motherboard problem? I will read again all your work @scope666

Hope to find a solution... Thanks for your help! :)
How sure are you that NVRAM is incorrectly configured? Asus motherboards using the 370 and 390 chipsets have Native NVRAM enabled without having to do anything and I have not found anything stating the Z490 are any different. Also I am not finding anything in the Dortania Install Guide that talks about how to enable NVRAM on Z490 chipset boards. I'm pretty confident it would be listed if necessary.

Maybe try this instead and let us know the results (I've been using an AMD setup this past month and don't have my Z490 set up to check).

NVRAM Testing: You can test if your NVRAM is working by running the following Terminal command and rebooting: sudo nvram TestVar=HelloWorld; once you reboot, run sudo nvram -p | grep 'TestVar'; if you see a result, your NVRAM is working; if not, your NVRAM is broken and needs to be fixed, or otherwise iMessage won't work; after testing, you can delete the TestVar variable by running sudo nvram -d TestVar

How sure are you that NVRAM is incorrectly configured? Asus motherboards using the 370 and 390 chipsets have Native NVRAM enabled without having to do anything and I have not found anything stating the Z490 are any different. Also I am not finding anything in the Dortania Install Guide that talks about how to enable NVRAM on Z490 chipset boards. I'm pretty confident it would be listed if necessary.

Maybe try this instead and let us know the results (I've been using an AMD setup this past month and don't have my Z490 set up to check).

NVRAM Testing: You can test if your NVRAM is working by running the following Terminal command and rebooting: sudo nvram TestVar=HelloWorld; once you reboot, run sudo nvram -p | grep 'TestVar'; if you see a result, your NVRAM is working; if not, your NVRAM is broken and needs to be fixed, or otherwise iMessage won't work; after testing, you can delete the TestVar variable by running sudo nvram -d TestVar
Hello! :) Thank you for your answer!

I'm not sure about this NVRAM story, I just wanted to do a test to see if it works.
I followed the OpenCore guide and saw a test protocol for NVRAM:

sudo -s
sudo nvram -c
sudo nvram myvar = test
exit

The problem is for sudo nvram -c it must be disabled SIP. I didn't want to disable SIP but still gave it a try and that's where I got the message that I explain above. I think my NVRAM is working because when I reset NVRAM in the boot menu I have to redo ctrl + choose my boot option.

If I don't do that the opencore menu always starts up on the first choice which windows. So I think the NVRAM is reset correctly. I just wanted to do one more test to be sure.

I will redo an installation to see. I saw that the SSDT.PMC.aml is not useful for 10th generation CPUs. So I also want to see this. Everything else works perfectly. I will try your too to see :)

Hi all, following this thread as I am trying to install opencore Big Sur on: Z490-e gaming, i7 10700k, rx570, 970 evo plus. It runs until the first screen Utilities where I format my M2 but if I click on install Mac OS (Big Sur) nothing happens, the installer will not start and I am back on the Utility menu. Any ideas what could be wrong here?
Thanks, Jan

Attachments

• B39308EE-96D5-4973-BBDF-FE3583F6BFBC.jpeg
    B39308EE-96D5-4973-BBDF-FE3583F6BFBC.jpeg
    3.4 MB · Views: 36
  • 954EFAD5-6B37-4038-95B3-59F6FBD28F31.jpeg
    954EFAD5-6B37-4038-95B3-59F6FBD28F31.jpeg
    4 MB · Views: 40
I removed the M2 and tried to install on the internal crucial mx500 sata and it has the same behavior.....

can you enable the log and show me? we can go further with that.

Back