Contribute
Register

[Success] ASUS P7P55D-E LX Mavericks 10.9 [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
I followed your guide for my setup, which has the P7P55D-E Pro motherboard. I used the 1602 DSDT for this motherboard instead of yours. Everything works fine...except I cannot boot without the unibeast stick inserted. I ran the Chameleon install and made sure I was pointed at the hard drive, but it will not boot. I'm sure I did something stupid. Could you help me out?

I followed your guide for my setup, which has the P7P55D-E Pro motherboard. I used the 1602 DSDT for this motherboard instead of yours. Everything works fine...except I cannot boot without the unibeast stick inserted. I ran the Chameleon install and made sure I was pointed at the hard drive, but it will not boot. I'm sure I did something stupid. Could you help me out?

have you used dsdt.aml for your motherboard model and bios version??

Yes I did. I had used this same DSDT file for my mountain lion install. The bios version is 1602, which matches the motherboard settings in the bios.

I popped out the Mountain Lion Drive, bought a new drive, and installed Mavericks to it. If I put the ML drive back in (without the Mavericks drive) the computer boots off the hard drive.

thank you so much.!! Resolve my problem :)

you're welcome!! :thumbup:

EDIT

hey lexone,
there is a way for manage speed fan of my cpu?

not that I know of sorry

have you used dsdt.aml for your motherboard model and bios version??
Yes I did. I had used this same DSDT file for my mountain lion install. The bios version is 1602, which matches the motherboard settings in the bios.

I popped out the Mountain Lion Drive, bought a new drive, and installed Mavericks to it. If I put the ML drive back in (without the Mavericks drive) the computer boots off the hard drive.

Seems like it could be a error in your MultiBeast config since you need to use the new 6.0.1 version. Can you provide a screenshot of your entire MultiBeast config?

Also, what happens when you try to boot without the UniBeast USB? Boot with -v for a verbose boot and see where you get stuck loading. Take a pic of this as well please.

Successfully worked with my P7-P55D-E Pro. I used the same DSDT that was attached, with no hiccups, except a small one with Champlist that didn't let me install Chameleon through its package. I was able to install it with a standalone pkg though.

Thanks!!

Successfully worked with my P7-P55D-E Pro. I used the same DSDT that was attached, with no hiccups, except a small one with Champlist that didn't let me install Chameleon through its package. I was able to install it with a standalone pkg though.

Thanks!!

You're welcome!! Glad I was able to help you with my guide! Look for a new guide soon for my newest build...coming soon!

**UPDATE**

• 1/7/2014 - New build...new guide! check my sig for the link!

I still have my ASUS CustoMac up and running and will still offer support to those in need. If I ever get rid of that system I will post here.

Hi I use ATI HD 5670 and Asus P7P55D LE. I am able to boot with USB and install the multibeast and the rest of the steps. But when I boot with the hard disk version of Marverick, the system hang with black screen. Before the black screen, I got the below messages:

2014-01-24 00.50.36.jpg
https://www.dropbox.com/photos/c/hmOrcPmkS2IypnG

Please help how to fix the issue. Thanks!!

Cheers
Marco

Hi I use ATI HD 5670 and Asus P7P55D LE. I am able to boot with USB and install the multibeast and the rest of the steps. But when I boot with the hard disk version of Marverick, the system hang with black screen. Before the black screen, I got the below messages:

View attachment 81012
https://www.dropbox.com/photos/c/hmOrcPmkS2IypnG

Please help how to fix the issue. Thanks!!

Cheers
Marco

1. Are you saying that after the last line in your screen shot...that screen disappears and everything goes black and stays that way while the system runs?
  2. What selections from MultiBeast did you install? Please list all...
  3. Are you still able to boot the hard drive from the UniBeast installer without typing in any flags?

By Default, UniBeast has the following flags set:
Code:
GraphicsEnabler=No
...and...
Code:
IGPEnabler=Yes

So if you can still boot from the UniBeast installer then it's possible that you accidentally installed the option via MultiBeast for
Code:
GraphicsEnabler=Yes

This will not work for ATI/AMD Radeon graphics cards. You need to have that set to "No". Please also have a look at this guide for further info.

Do I Need GraphicsEnabler Injection or Not?

I tried more these days and now having the below:

When using HDMI, GraphicsEnabler=Yes. Graphic card recognized as ATI Radeon HD 5670 1024MB. 1920x1080 resolution is not available. Monitor is recognised as VGA

When using DVI, the system can only load successfully with -x GraphicsEnabler=No Mode=1920x1080x32. Graphic card recognized as ATI Radeon HD 5000 1024 MB. Monitor is recognised as SyncMaster - which is exactly my LCD.

I have tried a few Framebuffers personality but the performance of video is more or less the same. Does setting Framebuffers only give video on the right ports of HMDI or DVI, but not affect video performance?

I do not use dual monitor. So having good performance with DVI and 1920x1080x32 is good enough for me.
Thanks

I tried more these days and now having the below:

When using HDMI, GraphicsEnabler=Yes. Graphic card recognized as ATI Radeon HD 5670 1024MB. 1920x1080 resolution is not available. Monitor is recognised as VGA

When using DVI, the system can only load successfully with -x GraphicsEnabler=No Mode=1920x1080x32. Graphic card recognized as ATI Radeon HD 5000 1024 MB. Monitor is recognised as SyncMaster - which is exactly my LCD.

I have tried a few Framebuffers personality but the performance of video is more or less the same. Does setting Framebuffers only give video on the right ports of HMDI or DVI, but not affect video performance?

I do not use dual monitor. So having good performance with DVI and 1920x1080x32 is good enough for me.
Thanks

I honestly do not know as Im not using an Frame buffer settings. I never have needed too. Also I am using an nVidia GPU so I can't really help troubleshoot your issues since we don't have the same setup. There may be extra work needed to have HDMI work correctly. As for DVI, it should work fine.

You shouldn't have to use the 1920x1080x32 setting to boot but that choice is yours. It will boot without that. And you don't want to have to rely on using the -x as that is used for "Safe Boot". i would check further in the forums for issues related to your GPU and see if other have experiences any of those same issues.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back