Register

[Success] ASUS P7P55D-E LX Mavericks 10.9 [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mavericks can start up without -x now, just GraphicsEnabler=No
No idea what to try further to get better video performance though

Mavericks can start up without -x now, just GraphicsEnabler=No
No idea what to try further to get better video performance though

Great! I mentioned that earlier that your GPU would require GraphicsEnabler=No. What you can do next so that you no longer have to add that flag each time you boot is to add that "Kernel Flag String" to your org.chameleon.Boot.plist file located in the Extra folder.

Code:
<key>Kernel Flags</key>
<string>GraphicsEnabler=No</string>

As far as video performance, I would recommend going with an nVidia GPU over AMD/ATI. IMO they are better cards and perform much better. :thumbup:

Another method is to just add this to the /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist file:
Code:
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>

Another method is to just add this to the /Extra/org.chameleon.Boot.plist file:
Code:
<key>GraphicsEnabler</key>
<string>No</string>

Yes, this method also works. Thx as always for the extra tip Stork! :thumbup:

In Win7, the Youtube performance is good. It is not complex 3D game. The graphics card should be good enough to play smoothly on 1080p Youtube. But in Mavericks, the Youtube performance us really beyond normal.

In Win7, the Youtube performance is good. It is not complex 3D game. The graphics card should be good enough to play smoothly on 1080p Youtube. But in Mavericks, the Youtube performance us really beyond normal.

What do you mean by stating that "performance is really beyond normal"???

With Win7, this would be expected as the GPU you have, along with the rest of us, are designed to be used with Windows. We are checking to make sure that these same peripherals are compatible with Mac OS X but cannot guarantee the performance. Your performance issues could indeed be related to having an ATI card rather than an nVidia GPU. I for one recommend, and will stand behind GeForce GPU's over ATI. In my opinion, they are better cards with better performance. Remember, this is just my personal opinion.

Thanks for you recommendation. By slow performance, Youtube playing 480p resolution video is not smooth and likes playing in slow motion. If it is not the installation issue, I'd suspect it is Mavericks itself not supporting ATI 5670 display card well.

Hi. I'm new here and also new in all that MacOS is.
I have an Asus P4P55D-e motherboard with bios 1601.
Somehow I managed to Install Mavericks using Unibeast and Multibeast. As far as I can see everything goes normal as expected the performance it's great so nothing to complain so far.
But now it is first time when I heard about DSDT. It is mandatary? Can I have some troubles if I don't use it?

Thank You
Andrei

Hi. I'm new here and also new in all that MacOS is.
I have an Asus P4P55D-e motherboard with bios 1601.
Somehow I managed to Install Mavericks using Unibeast and Multibeast. As far as I can see everything goes normal as expected the performance it's great so nothing to complain so far.
But now it is first time when I heard about DSDT. It is mandatary? Can I have some troubles if I don't use it?

Thank You
Andrei

Yes, for this motherboard a DSDT is required to make sure that every feature of your motherboard works correctly with OS X and so that your system boots correctly post-install. Please visit the DSDT Database in the downloads section of this site and download the correct DSDT for your board and install.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back