Contribute
Register

[Success] ASUS P7P55D-E LX Mavericks 10.9 [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are other threads on this site that help resolve the crackling noise with your audio. I didn't have this problem because my MoBo doesn't have HDMI so I am using the standard "green" Line-Out port.

i'm using it too (green output)! i was thinking about a conflict with hdmi.. after a while i get that when mouse pointer is moving audio don't have any issue when pointer is idle audio begin to crack to stopping working at all.

i'm using it too (green output)! i was thinking about a conflict with hdmi.. after a while i get that when mouse pointer is moving audio don't have any issue when pointer is idle audio begin to crack to stopping working at all.

Try one of these solutions...if they don't work keep looking around and you will eventually find something that works..

1. Click Me
  2. If you hear crackle from your speakers, check your Audio MIDI Setup. It might show that it is at the highest setting 192000 hz by default. You will need to change that to a lower setting, probably around 44100 hz.

3. Alternatively...you can buy this

Last edited by a moderator:
​[*]DSDT.aml file - Attached - (*Note* I created and patched my own DSDT for BIOS version 1602.

Nicely written guide, thanks for posting. What did you edit in your DSDT that was not in the 1602 DSDT in the TonyMacx86 database? I have the exact same board and wondering if you have optimized something. Was it something to do with your ML post (http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...een-apple-logo-no-loading-spinning-wheel.html)? I had a similar error when using your DSDT - but when I used the one in the DB - all is fine. I even can wake my system from bluetooth now! Did not do that on 10.6.8 - I am liking Mavericks so far

Lex,

Mucho appreciation for the well-made guide and support. Going from 10.74 to 10.9 was pretty smooth on my ASUS P7P55-LX. The only damn thing I can't fix is the ethernet, thus ruining app store support :(:(

Any suggestions?

I've exhausted most of google's suggestions.

Thanks!

Nicely written guide, thanks for posting. What did you edit in your DSDT that was not in the 1602 DSDT in the TonyMacx86 database? I have the exact same board and wondering if you have optimized something. Was it something to do with your ML post (http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...een-apple-logo-no-loading-spinning-wheel.html)? I had a similar error when using your DSDT - but when I used the one in the DB - all is fine. I even can wake my system from bluetooth now! Did not do that on 10.6.8 - I am liking Mavericks so far

I should revise my wording on that...I didn't "customize" it to optimize anything. What I meant was that I downloaded to necessary tools and patch file to create my own DSDT from scratch. It did have some to do with the apple screen not loading and no spinning wheel. For some reason when I used the one from the database, my system didn't like it and wouldn't boot so I had to resort to creating my own.

Lex,

Mucho appreciation for the well-made guide and support. Going from 10.74 to 10.9 was pretty smooth on my ASUS P7P55-LX. The only damn thing I can't fix is the ethernet, thus ruining app store support :(:(

Any suggestions?

I've exhausted most of google's suggestions.

Thanks!

What ethernet driver did you install with MultiBeast? If your board is indeed a P7P55-LX then it uses the following:
  • Realtek® 8112L, 1 x Gigabit LAN Controller(s), featuring AI NET2

I would recommend using the following driver:
ScreenShot2013-11-06at75155AM_zpse1db4a8c.png

Why I can't use your champlist, it always says that I have to install the XCode, btw, kudos!! always a great instructions from you :headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back