Contribute
Register

[Success] ASUS P7P55D-E LX Mavericks 10.9 [Guide]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Why I can't use your champlist, it always says that I have to install the XCode, btw, kudos!! always a great instructions from you :headbang:

What do you mean my Champlist? I don't own Champlist nor did I attach it to my Mavericks guide, it's only attached to my Moutain Lion guide. Anyhow, I'd suggest downloading a fresh copy from the developer's website here.

If it prompts you to still install xcode, go ahead and do so. You can always uninstall it later.

And thx for the kudos! I always appreciate positive feedback! :thumbup:

Try one of these solutions...if they don't work keep looking around and you will eventually find something that works..

1. Click Me
  2. If you hear crackle from your speakers, check your Audio MIDI Setup. It might show that it is at the highest setting 192000 hz by default. You will need to change that to a lower setting, probably around 44100 hz.

3. Alternatively...you can buy this

First of all, what is that image from. Is that part of the VoodooHDA install?

I am having the crackling sound but i had the same issue with Mountain Lion but I found that a combination of something in the Mountain Lion Unibeast chimera and deleting UseKernelCache = yes from org.chameleon.Boot.plist allowed the sound to work, and me being stupid overwrote that with the updated Unibeast for Mavericks. Any idea what in chimera would allow the sound to work correctly? Hope that makes sense.

Last edited by a moderator:
First of all, what is that image from. Is that part of the VoodooHDA install?

I am having the crackling sound but i had the same issue with Mountain Lion but I found that a combination of something in the Mountain Lion Unibeast chimera and deleting UseKernelCache = yes from org.chameleon.Boot.plist allowed the sound to work, and me being stupid overwrote that with the updated Unibeast for Mavericks. Any idea what in chimera would allow the sound to work correctly? Hope that makes sense.

That image is from Applications>Utilities>Audio MIDI Setup

you can always try changing string for UseKernelCache to "No" in the org.chameleon.Boot.plist on both your system and in the UniBeast installer. To do so in the installer you would nee to Show Hidden Files first so that you can see the Extra folder containing the plist file. Let me know if you go that route and how it works for you. Everyones system is different and I really can only help users with the same "exact" MoBo as me...

Ones again lexone you did it. Thanks a bunch on this guide. I can confirm that i now run 10.9 on my asus p7p55d-e lx.

Only thing that imessage dont work even if I did that install with nvram. Ill try again later with that.

cheers!

edit: Just to add that i resolved the imessage problem by just loging with my Apple ID credentials on my MacBookPro. Log out then and "magicly" i was able to log in on my asus hackintosh. This is probably something apple side related i guess.

also i didnt mentioned that i didnt clean install this but instal over my Mlion sysstem and I have saved all my Apps, mails and docs.

cheers again!

:headbang:

Have to say Kudos to you first...I've done two Hackintoshes; My first was an old Dell XPS12 laptop, next was the one I'm working on currently...Asus UL80JT. She runs Snow Leopard flawlessly....

...here's the rub....

I'm currently working on a bootable external hard drive install of Mavericks....all working EXCEPT

Trackpad
Wireless
Sound

I've already tried some of the other VoodooHDA kext solutions only to have either nothing happen, or a nasty kernel panic. :banghead:

I do not have a dsdt install for Snow or for Mavericks...so I'm leaning toward a non-dsdt solution....

Care to lend your expertise?

HUUUUUUUGE thank you... :)

Has anyone been able to get sleep working on their builds?

I can boot with AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext without any problems using a custom DSDT for my mobo, P7P55D-E PRO.

I'm using SleepEnabler.kext, here are my org.chameleon.boot.plist settings:

Use Kernel Cache
Ethernet Built-In
Legacy Logo
Graphics Enabler
Generate P-States
Generate C-States
npci=0x2000
darkwake=0

My SMBIOS is set to iMac11,3.

Has anyone been able to get sleep working on their builds?

I can boot with AppleIntelCPUPowerManagement.kext without any problems using a custom DSDT for my mobo, P7P55D-E PRO.

I'm using SleepEnabler.kext, here are my org.chameleon.boot.plist settings:

Use Kernel Cache
Ethernet Built-In
Legacy Logo
Graphics Enabler
Generate P-States
Generate C-States
npci=0x2000
darkwake=0

My SMBIOS is set to iMac11,3.

Yes, I can confirm that sleep/wake functionality does indeed work on my system. I didn't need to configure anything special for it to work...

Yes, I can confirm that sleep/wake functionality does indeed work on my system. I didn't need to configure anything special for it to work...

I got it working already thanks, it was the USB interfering so I edited the DSDT and finally got it to sleep completely.

One other question though, do you experience any freezes with your graphics card??

I got it working already thanks, it was the USB interfering so I edited the DSDT and finally got it to sleep completely.

One other question though, do you experience any freezes with your graphics card??

None at all...everything works flawlessly. Planning on building a new system soon...

Updated to 10.9.1 successfully. :thumbup::headbang:

Don't forget to safe boot (-x) or single user boot (-f) after installation reboot and delete AppleHDA.kext (get's reinstalled with update) from S/L/E or you will get VoodooHDA KP's at boot.:banghead:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back