Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] 10.12.6 Asus Z270 Prime A + i7 7000 + GTX1070 + Samsung 960 EVO NVMe + Thunderbolt EX3

Motherboard
Prime z270-a
CPU
i7-6700k
Graphics
EVGA 1060
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hello all... So I have finally gotten the Apollo to read, I have less hair but also less heart palpitations now. Few things to consider if you're having crazy trouble, like me. Here is what I did that has at least gotten this to show up for me.

1. The thunderbolt firmware driver was not working from asus, or the one from gigabyte. I downloaded this one directly from intel and that seemed to do the trick.
Link here
2. I then ran the gigabyte rev. 1 version of the alpine ridge firmware, restarted and was then able to run Launch TBT.exe program that was inside of that upon restart.
link here http://ee.gigabyte.com/products/page/mb/gc-alpine_ridgerev_10#support-dl

3. Hot plugging was working for tbt but only after I ran launch tbt.exe and then it would read the Apollo. To fix this I switched the pcie from the WA Rev 1 to WA Rev 2 and it now connects to windows upon boot. This also made it readable within MacOS.

What doesn’t work...

For whatever reason I cannot get the thunderbolt 2 working. When I plug in using my thunderbolt 3 to thunderbolt 2 adapter for whatever reason that seems to be ok. If anyone has gotten the thunderbolt 2 working lemme know! Otherwise hope this helps anyone that encountered this same issue.

Thanks to all who helped