Contribute
Register

[SUCCESS] 10.12.6 Asus Z270 Prime A + i7 7000 + GTX1070 + Samsung 960 EVO NVMe + Thunderbolt EX3

Status
Not open for further replies.
I do. I will try flashing to the newest bios again as well that way we can both be on the same one at least.

I do. I will try flashing to the newest bios again as well that way we can both be on the same one at least.

Might be worth trying to disable Thunderbolt USB for now. Mine hung up my boot until I fixed a USB problem.

@jeffg1234, please add details of your Motherboard and CPU to your profile (account details).
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard.
The Rules said:
Profiles are mandatory so that others can assist you.

@jeffg1234, please add details of your Motherboard and CPU to your profile (account details).
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead of motherboard.
Hey, I've updated my information. Its basically the same as this forum with a later gen i7. Also tried disabling usb with no luck.

I'm about ready to throw in the towel. I can not get this motherboard to recognize the card. Pretty defeated after trying for over a week now with no luck.

Hello all... So I have finally gotten the Apollo to read, I have less hair but also less heart palpitations now. Few things to consider if you're having crazy trouble, like me. Here is what I did that has at least gotten this to show up for me.

1. The thunderbolt firmware driver was not working from asus, or the one from gigabyte. I downloaded this one directly from intel and that seemed to do the trick.
Link here
2. I then ran the gigabyte rev. 1 version of the alpine ridge firmware, restarted and was then able to run Launch TBT.exe program that was inside of that upon restart.
link here http://ee.gigabyte.com/products/page/mb/gc-alpine_ridgerev_10#support-dl

3. Hot plugging was working for tbt but only after I ran launch tbt.exe and then it would read the Apollo. To fix this I switched the pcie from the WA Rev 1 to WA Rev 2 and it now connects to windows upon boot. This also made it readable within MacOS.

What doesn’t work...

For whatever reason I cannot get the thunderbolt 2 working. When I plug in using my thunderbolt 3 to thunderbolt 2 adapter for whatever reason that seems to be ok. If anyone has gotten the thunderbolt 2 working lemme know! Otherwise hope this helps anyone that encountered this same issue.

Thanks to all who helped

Just an update for anyone wanting to upgrade this motherboard to the latest High Sierra 10.13.6 (2020 patches) you can follow the Unibeast guide from my Asus Z370 Prime P to create the installer > https://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/...sung-1tb-960-evo-nvme-nvidia-gtx-1050.249402/.
By utilising the 10.13.1 installer it should work as is.

If you have issues booting the installer you may also need to add the following to your boot-args and run a combo between them (mostly -wegnoegpu ):

-v
dart=0
darkwake=0
keepsyms=1
debug=0x100
slide=0
nv_disable=1
-wegnoegpu
alcid=1

After the installer runs and you get to the menu, you can run the first set of installs which runs for 8mins and then for 22 mins. You need to have an Ethernet cable attached as it will download directly from the Apple servers. The second install may panic the first time but you can run it again by re-selecting the Macintosh HD in Clover.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back