Contribute
Register

Stuck on apple logo/prohibit sign. Please Help!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
Alienware X51 R3 (No Model #)
CPU
Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-6700K CPU @ 4.00GHz
Graphics
Intel(R) HD Graphics 530 & NVidia GTX 960
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. iOS
So I am trying to install MacOS High Sierra and when i go to the tool that says "install Macos High Sierra" a apple logo appears and then after about 1 minute it changes into a prohibited sign. See attached image. There is no progress bar and I am out of ideas yet again. I hope Someone can help!

Attachments

• Prohibit Sign.JPG
    Prohibit Sign.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 119
Last edited:
@jaywill10, please add details of your motherboard (Mobo) to your profile (personal details).
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead.
The Rules said:
Profiles need to contain at least your primary system to assist others with helping you.

Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v)

@jaywill10, please add details of your motherboard (Mobo) to your profile (personal details).
If you have a prebuilt computer enter make and model instead.

Boot your system in Verbose Mode and post a picture of your screen when it freezes/hangs.
At Clover Boot Screen press space bar and select Verbose (-v)
In verbose mode everything boots up okay then it goes directly to the Apple logo and then I get the prohibited sign. I also added my motherboard. There is not model number for it. I checked my pc for information but what I put is what was under motherboard information. My bios is pretty annoying as half the settings that are in the guides do not exist in my bios. Also I just found out after looking for my motherboard that I have two graphics cards. The second is Intel(R) HD Graphics 530

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back