Intel Core 2 Duo E7500 2.93GHz
Graphics
SAPPHIRE ATI Radeon HD 6450 1GB
Mac
  1. iMac
  2. MacBook
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Works perfectly, moved my ATI6000Controller out of SLE and I was able to boot into the installer with VESA graphics! I have an AMD Radeon HD 6450..

Motherboard
Windows 7
CPU
Intel i7 Ivy
Graphics
Ati 6800
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hey everyone,

Trying to install my first hackintosh here.
I get the white screen as well with my ATI 6850. I created the USB key just fine but I can't delete the "ATI6000controller.kext" file as I don't find it in the key. Heck, I don't even see the "system/library/extensions" directory...

What am I doing wrong ?

Edit : Ok, you have to show hidden files, I got. Tutorial here : http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...mountain-lion-6xxx-gpu-issues-fix-inside.html

Motherboard
A
CPU
C
Graphics
B
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hi everyone,

My first post in this great forum.
I had the same symptom: white screen and stuck mouse while the installation of osx Mountain Lion. I noticed the flash drive I was installling from and the external HD I was installing to were both blinking, so I let it continue installing.
Guys, as crazy as it sounds, sometimes for some of you the simplest solution would be to 'press a key' Yes, that's it. The screen will come back and you'll see the installation is in progress. Just reporting as it might happen to others.

Cheers

Motherboard
Gigabyte X58A-UD5 FC
CPU
6 Core Intel XEON 3.3 Ghz
Graphics
Nvidia Geforce GTX 760
Mac
  1. iMac
idoit, when I read that you suggest to press a key... Dunno why but my screen just turned white so I thought, hey let's give it a try (yes I am super lazy and I didn't like the idea of disconnecting and reconnecting my GPU) so I pressed a key...

Well I didn't expect it to do anything but the screen came back and my installation is about to finish! Thx alot!

Motherboard
MacOS
CPU
Graphics
GTX660 Ti
Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hi everyone,

My first post in this great forum.
I had the same symptom: white screen and stuck mouse while the installation of osx Mountain Lion. I noticed the flash drive I was installling from and the external HD I was installing to were both blinking, so I let it continue installing.
Guys, as crazy as it sounds, sometimes for some of you the simplest solution would be to 'press a key' Yes, that's it. The screen will come back and you'll see the installation is in progress. Just reporting as it might happen to others.

Cheers

:)

Worked for me. Still installing but now with status bar not a white screen ))
Is it a sort of screensaver while hackintoshing ))

Motherboard
QM 77 Ivy Bridge (HP Probook 6470b)
CPU
Intel i7-3720QM (16 GB RAM)
Graphics
IGPU: Intel HD 4000 eGPU Gigabyte GTX1060 Windforce OC 6GB (PE4C v3 Expresscard Gen2)
Hey I had the same issue all I had to do was to press sleep and white screen gone and the installation was still progressing and end up completed.

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
THANKS For this Trick i just pushed power button and BAAM the installer was there THX!!:D:D:D:D:D

Mac
Classic Mac
Mobile Phone
Hey I just simply pressed my power button once and I seemed to get out of the white screen with mouse