Contribute
Register

Stuck at white screen when trying to install Mountain Lion

Status
Not open for further replies.
I tried all this still having issues.

Works perfectly, moved my ATI6000Controller out of SLE and I was able to boot into the installer with VESA graphics! I have an AMD Radeon HD 6450..

Hey everyone,

Trying to install my first hackintosh here.
I get the white screen as well with my ATI 6850. I created the USB key just fine but I can't delete the "ATI6000controller.kext" file as I don't find it in the key. Heck, I don't even see the "system/library/extensions" directory...

What am I doing wrong ?

Edit : Ok, you have to show hidden files, I got. Tutorial here : http://www.tonymacx86.com/mountain-...mountain-lion-6xxx-gpu-issues-fix-inside.html

Hi everyone,

My first post in this great forum.
I had the same symptom: white screen and stuck mouse while the installation of osx Mountain Lion. I noticed the flash drive I was installling from and the external HD I was installing to were both blinking, so I let it continue installing.
Guys, as crazy as it sounds, sometimes for some of you the simplest solution would be to 'press a key' Yes, that's it. The screen will come back and you'll see the installation is in progress. Just reporting as it might happen to others.

Cheers

idoit, when I read that you suggest to press a key... Dunno why but my screen just turned white so I thought, hey let's give it a try (yes I am super lazy and I didn't like the idea of disconnecting and reconnecting my GPU) so I pressed a key...

Well I didn't expect it to do anything but the screen came back and my installation is about to finish! Thx alot!

Hi everyone,

My first post in this great forum.
I had the same symptom: white screen and stuck mouse while the installation of osx Mountain Lion. I noticed the flash drive I was installling from and the external HD I was installing to were both blinking, so I let it continue installing.
Guys, as crazy as it sounds, sometimes for some of you the simplest solution would be to 'press a key' Yes, that's it. The screen will come back and you'll see the installation is in progress. Just reporting as it might happen to others.

Cheers

:)

Worked for me. Still installing but now with status bar not a white screen ))
Is it a sort of screensaver while hackintoshing ))

Hey I had the same issue all I had to do was to press sleep and white screen gone and the installation was still progressing and end up completed.

THANKS For this Trick i just pushed power button and BAAM the installer was there THX!!:D:D:D:D:D

Hey I just simply pressed my power button once and I seemed to get out of the white screen with mouse

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back