i7-10700K 3.8Ghz
Graphics
Intel Graphics
Mac
  1. MacBook Pro
Mobile Phone
  1. Android
Hello All,

I am a noob to the Hackintosh world, since two days I am in a fight trying to pass from the boot menu to no success.

All the steps in the installation guide were followed, although, CFG-Lock is not available on my BIOS.

I have the following system:

Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Master
Intel i7 10700K 3.8 Ghz
On Board graphics
2 x Crucial Ballistix 16 GB 2666 Mhz
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500Gb Nvme

Initially I was trying to install High Sierra and it got stuck at the Apple screen. Then I tried to install Mojave and the same thing happened.

Tried using Verbose in froze on a list, so I tried Safe mode and it should an error icon.

I am posting this thread with hopes that someone could shed some light and assist me going through this step.

Any help is much appreciated.

Attachments

• 176854878_1390921907934324_7725912022417049429_n.jpg
    176854878_1390921907934324_7725912022417049429_n.jpg
    197.8 KB · Views: 56
You didn't mention which bootloader you are using.
The verbose output is important. It gives you a clue as to what creates the panic.
Take a photo of the screen where it stops after you boot verbose.

UHD630 graphics are going to cause problems with the install/post install phase. If you can obtain even a basic supported Nvidia card with Metal support, it will help reduce the difficulty of the install phase.

Hello All,

I am a noob to the Hackintosh world, since two days I am in a fight trying to pass from the boot menu to no success.

All the steps in the installation guide were followed, although, CFG-Lock is not available on my BIOS.

I have the following system:

Gigabyte Z490 Aorus Master
Intel i7 10700K 3.8 Ghz
On Board graphics
2 x Crucial Ballistix 16 GB 2666 Mhz
Samsung 970 EVO Plus 500Gb Nvme

Initially I was trying to install High Sierra and it got stuck at the Apple screen. Then I tried to install Mojave and the same thing happened.

Tried using Verbose in froze on a list, so I tried Safe mode and it should an error icon.

I am posting this thread with hopes that someone could shed some light and assist me going through this step.

Any help is much appreciated.

Hi there,

You will need to use a Fake ID for the CPU so that Mojave will boot your i7-10700k.

You might have tried this already, but I would suggest EA060900 if using OpenCore, or 0x0906EA in Clover.

EDIT: Sorry I missed the iGPU. Another spoof - 07009B3E.

:)

You will need to use a Fake ID for the CPU so that Mojave
Wouldn't it be simpler to start with Catalina instead ? That's what I would do.
Fake IDs and spoofing devices are two things most noobs aren't familiar with.

You didn't mention which bootloader you are using.
The verbose output is important. It gives you a clue as to what creates the panic.
Take a photo of the screen where it stops after you boot verbose.

UHD630 graphics are going to cause problems with the install/post install phase. If you can obtain even a basic supported Nvidia card with Metal support, it will help reduce the difficulty of the install phase.
Thanks for getting back to me so swiftly.

I am using Clover to boot.

Regarding the graphic card, I am not able to get my hands on one till the end of next month probably. If that is critical for the process then I will have to wait :(

I have attached a photo of Verbose form.

Attachments

• 177006874_4084119178293971_1928943599921971480_n.jpg
    177006874_4084119178293971_1928943599921971480_n.jpg
    942.9 KB · Views: 51
Wouldn't it be simpler to start with Catalina instead ? That's what I would do.
Fake IDs and spoofing devices are two things most noobs aren't familiar with.
This looks like a better option for a noob.

I can handle myself pretty well if I am guided in the right direction.

Building this Hackintosh has been in my dreams for quite a while but I just hit a dead end right in the first steps of the whole process.

In a way it concerns me that I will damage the components each time I have to shutdown the computer because it freezes.

Thanks for helping me guys!

Going to bed now but tomorrow morning I am back at it again.

Would it be 9.3.0?
That's probably your Unibeast version. The Clover bundled with that is ok for Mojave. I do think Catalina will work best with your Z490 board. Use this Unibeast version: https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/unibeast-10-3-0-catalina.490/

Apply the ig-platform id that utterdisbelief mentioned. That should help the iGPU work for the install. It goes in the config.plist DeviceProperties section. Edit the config.plist with Propertree or Plisteditpro apps. Then try booting into the Catalina installer.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back