Contribute
Register

Stuck at the Apple logo

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's probably your Unibeast version. The Clover bundled with that is ok for Mojave. I do think Catalina will work best with your Z490 board. Use this Unibeast version: https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/unibeast-10-3-0-catalina.490/

Apply the ig-platform id that utterdisbelief mentioned. That should help the iGPU work for the install. It goes in the config.plist DeviceProperties section. Edit the config.plist with Propertree or Plisteditpro apps. Then try booting into the Catalina installer.
Hi trs96,

No problem comes on its own.

Tried to make a bootable Catalina USB and it simply gives me an error saying the installer is incomplete. I have downloaded it from the apple website just like I did with Mojave and Highsierra.

I will try to do it with Mojave again following the steps that utterdisbelief suggested.

Attachments

• 20210424_095401.jpg
    20210424_095401.jpg
    4.5 MB · Views: 30
That's probably your Unibeast version. The Clover bundled with that is ok for Mojave. I do think Catalina will work best with your Z490 board. Use this Unibeast version: https://www.tonymacx86.com/resources/unibeast-10-3-0-catalina.490/

Apply the ig-platform id that utterdisbelief mentioned. That should help the iGPU work for the install. It goes in the config.plist DeviceProperties section. Edit the config.plist with Propertree or Plisteditpro apps. Then try booting into the Catalina installer.
Sorry to be a pain in the rear end.

Found a solution to use Catalina (haven't tried it yet) but would like to give it a try with Mojave as I don't really want Catalina. This computer will be used for a music production studio.

I have been reading so many threads my brain just went into meltdown.

How to reach the config.plist? I looked into the Clover options there are bootargs and config options but i do not know exactly how to work with that.

I open Propertree, where do i open the config.plist?

It's so frustrating that I cannot even get my computer to boot.

There is no words that can thank you enough for your help.

Sorry to be a pain in the rear end.

Found a solution to use Catalina (haven't tried it yet) but would like to give it a try with Mojave as I don't really want Catalina. This computer will be used for a music production studio.

I have been reading so many threads my brain just went into meltdown.

How to reach the config.plist? I looked into the Clover options there are bootargs and config options but i do not know exactly how to work with that.

I open Propertree, where do i open the config.plist?

It's so frustrating that I cannot even get my computer to boot.

There is no words that can thank you enough for your help.

Double-check the size of the installer file you downloaded. It has to be in the 5 - 6GB region. If it is then usually the problem is caused by using an old one for which the security certificate has expired. Not common with Catalina yet though.

Really think OpenCore is your best bet for Z490. Yes, Clover has been updated recently but in my own experience I'd go with OpenCore. There are plenty of pre-made EFI folders hereabouts to give you a feel for how things should look.

As a beginner - although it is commonly poo-pooed - I'd suggest you use OpenCore Configurator to create your config.plist. It is getting more reliable all the time and has the advantage of being "visual" and you can compare settings.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back