Status
Not open for further replies.
Motherboard
ASRock z490 Taichi
CPU
i7-10700k
Graphics
HD 630
I can not get Catalina to install on my PC. I just get stuck at an apple Logo with no progress bar, so I ran it with nv_disable=1 -v to show y'all the errors.

I have disabled 3rd party USB 3.2 controller
I have disabled VT-d

Screen Shot 2020-08-12 at 2.01.22 PM.png

There are no Mac drivers at all for your RTX 2080.

How can I fix this? Is it possible for me to boot windows and somehow download Mac Drivers and install them onto the GPU?

How can I fix this? Is it possible for me to boot windows and somehow download Mac Drivers and install them onto the GPU?
Which part of "no Mac drivers at all" are you having trouble with ?

There are no Mac drivers to download, from Windows or anywhere else.

How can I fix this?
Shut down, uninstall the 2080. Boot into BIOS/UEFI and set it to use the UHD630 graphics. Then you'll be able to install Catalina. After that you can buy and install a supported AMD card.

Shut down, uninstall the 2080. Boot into BIOS/UEFI and set it to use the UHD630 graphics. Then you'll be able to install Catalina. After that you can buy and install a supported AMD card.

Ok thank you. That was a helpful reply. Sorry I am not a tech wizard, but is there maybe an older version of MacOS that will work with my GPU? Only reason I am asking is because I saw a video of a Mac Pro 5.1 with a RTX 2080 being able to boot completely. Here

Only reason I am asking is because I saw a video of a Mac Pro 5.1 with a RTX 2080 being able to boot completely.
Booting is not a problem. No graphics acceleration due to no driver support is a big problem. Makes the 2080 useless for macOS. Note the opaque dock background. That tells you they are probably using nv_disable=1 or some other method which makes it possible to boot by disabling the 2080.

Screen Shot 2020-08-12 at 5.06.26 PM.png

Last edited:
Hi, I tried to disable my external graphics and use the onboard graphics and I still got an error code. Any Help?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2020-08-12 at 5.57.05 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2020-08-12 at 5.57.05 PM.png
    2.1 MB · Views: 115
Hi, I tried to disable my external graphics and use the onboard graphics and I still got an error code.
You're supposed to completely remove the card from the PCIe slot. Then do the install with igfx.

I completely removed the Graphics Card and I am still having trouble.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back