Contribute
Register

Struggling to get Catalina upgrade working on clover or opencore. 9900K Z390 rx580.

Hi - sorry just to clarify should I put the HS ports to USB3 and leave the rest as it is?
So it will look like this:

1677752744023.png

1677854280894.png

ok I've put it back to USB3 - I think having as USB2 caused mouse slowness which seems to have resolved putting it back to USB3.

Shutdown is still hanging though and now I only have 10 usb ports configured.

Any ideas?

Hi there.

You need the HS12 port - ITE - back and set as Internal.

What kind of mouse are you using, wired or BT?

If BT then there should be a dedicated Internal USB2 port for that.

HS11 to HS14 usually do not have SS** pairings.

You have 2x USB2 hubs, one is that column of black ports left of the back panel, the other is internal. Remember each "hub" is actually only ONE of your 15x ports, not four. Check what you are using.

:)

Hi there.

You need the HS12 port - ITE - back and set as Internal.

What kind of mouse are you using, wired or BT?

If BT then there should be a dedicated Internal USB2 port for that.

HS11 to HS14 usually do not have SS** pairings.

You have 2x USB2 hubs, one is that column of black ports left of the back panel, the other is internal. Remember each "hub" is actually only ONE of your 15x ports, not four. Check what you are using.

Hi!

Thanks for helping. Ok, I'll add that ITE port back.

Sorry I should have said - I'm using Apple Magic mouse and keyboard with a Belkin Bluetooth adapter in one of the front USB 2 ports. (it doesn't like the USB 3 ones).

I've also tried the instructions here (https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/usb/misc/shutdown.html) but no joy. Im not 100% sure on the path I should use in the patch.

DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "Slav", "ZPTS", 0x00000000)
{
External (_SB.PCI0.PBCB.PS2K.PS2M, FieldUnitObj)
External (ZPTS, MethodObj) // 1 Arguments

Method (_PTS, 1, NotSerialized) // _PTS: Prepare To Sleep
{
ZPTS (Arg0)
If ((0x05 == Arg0))
{
\_SB.PCI0.PBCB.PS2K.PS2M = Zero
}
}
}

Hi!

Thanks for helping. Ok, I'll add that ITE port back.

Sorry I should have said - I'm using Apple Magic mouse and keyboard with a Belkin Bluetooth adapter in one of the front USB 2 ports. (it doesn't like the USB 3 ones).

I've also tried the instructions here (https://dortania.github.io/OpenCore-Post-Install/usb/misc/shutdown.html) but no joy. Im not 100% sure on the path I should use in the patch.

DefinitionBlock ("", "SSDT", 2, "Slav", "ZPTS", 0x00000000)
{
External (_SB.PCI0.PBCB.PS2K.PS2M, FieldUnitObj)
External (ZPTS, MethodObj) // 1 Arguments

Method (_PTS, 1, NotSerialized) // _PTS: Prepare To Sleep
{
ZPTS (Arg0)
If ((0x05 == Arg0))
{
\_SB.PCI0.PBCB.PS2K.PS2M = Zero
}
}
}

Instead of going that route, first identify which port you have plugged the Belkin BT adapter into. Once done, make sure it is not in a "hub" or it will never be right, then set that port as "Internal". Counter intuitive I know but this is necessary to help shutdown and sleep/wake issues.

It is usually active hardware which causes the problems.

I have a couple of the Belkin BT adapters and have used them this way.

Hi!

Ok i'll add ITE one back and try that.

Sorry I should have said - the Keyboard and mouse and Apple wireless and connected to a Beklin bluetooth adapter that sits in one of the front usb ports.

Right, yes, that's what I had concluded too. I thought I would play it safe and remove as much as I could for now. Ideally I can try and add some back once it's working properly.

This is what I'm exporting to try now..

1677867038959.png

Instead of going that route, first identify which port you have plugged the Belkin BT adapter into. Once done, make sure it is not in a "hub" or it will never be right, then set that port as "Internal". Counter intuitive I know but this is necessary to help shutdown and sleep/wake issues.

It is usually active hardware which causes the problems.

I have a couple of the Belkin BT adapters and have used them this way.

Hi, thats interesting!

Right, so this evening I've removed the Shutdownfix,
I put the Belkin in the first USB2/3 front port HS10 set it to Internal and disable SS10. as pic below
I also removed all other USB ports.
Unfortunately it still didnt shutdown properly. sometimes the screen is going black now though rather than staying on the desktop image. But when it turns off it still reboots.

Then I removed the Belkin bluetooth adapter and just tried with a regular usb keyboard and mouse. Same thing. Feels so close!

I should mention sleep seems to be working fine.

Thanks for taking the time to help!

1677882505843.png

1677882684105.png

Hi, thats interesting!

Right, so this evening I've removed the Shutdownfix,
I put the Belkin in the first USB2/3 front port HS10 set it to Internal and disable SS10. as pic below
I also removed all other USB ports.
Unfortunately it still didnt shutdown properly. sometimes the screen is going black now though rather than staying on the desktop image. But when it turns off it still reboots.

Then I removed the Belkin bluetooth adapter and just tried with a regular usb keyboard and mouse. Same thing. Feels so close!

I should mention sleep seems to be working fine.

Thanks for taking the time to help!

View attachment 564186

View attachment 564187

Okay. In the screengrabs of posts #22 and #27, HS10 shows as a 4x port USB2.1 hub.

So what was in that socket to give that reading?

If it's actually the root of hub ports, as I said previously, sleep/wake will be unlikely to work. You need a single, configurable port. No hub.

I'm still in the dark so far.

You can also run IORegistryExplorer app and search for "20702" which should highlight where the Belkin BT adapter is plugged-in.

That 4port usb2.1 hub is an external usb hub I had connected briefly today while I was doing a video call as it has my camera connected to it.

sorry for confusion

The internal hubs appear to be the HS11 and HS13 since they are always listed as HSB2.0 hub no matter what is connected.

If I add the Belkin it shows up as BCM20702A0 as follows. Note that I currently have usb keyboard and mouse attached and they don't appear on this - I suspect they are connected to HS11.

1677887426503.png

Here's the output of IOExplorer with the Belkin in HS10

1677887474012.png

Thanks

Back