Contribute
Register

Stork's Gene Build > ASUS MAXIMUS VIII GENE Z170 - i5-6600K - MSI Vega 56

Status
Not open for further replies.

I have nvidia card removed and i booted with Intel card but the result is the same. Then I booted with the -v then I get that.

20160108_150440.jpg

finaly
20160108_150448.jpg

at the bottom was "Still waiting for root device" written.

I finally installed the system. When I install USBInjectAll.kext(USBInjectAll_2015_1230) then shuts down the system directly, and will not boot it.

20160108_175000.jpg

Stork, thanks again for another great write up and all the info.

I'm considering the same mobo, moving up from my H97-based Asus build, main reason being I'd like to get one of the fast NVME drives to use as boot - most likely PCI-E.

Are you sure OS X doesn't support NVME? I could swear there are users on this site who have these drives working. Can anyone confirm?

Stork, thanks again for another great write up and all the info.

I'm considering the same mobo, moving up from my H97-based Asus build, main reason being I'd like to get one of the fast NVME drives to use as boot - most likely PCI-E.

Are you sure OS X doesn't support NVME? I could swear there are users on this site who have these drives working. Can anyone confirm?
NVMe is not supported natively in El Capitan. You'll have to use the kext from MacVidCards and some magic. See
http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...ver-nvme-m-2-solid-state-drives-released.html Post #1
http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...olid-state-drives-released-8.html#post1179189 Post #76

I have not be able to boot from my Samsung 950 NVMe M.2 drive. I don't know what I'm doing wrong, but I can't get it to work for me, yet.

I have nvidia card removed and i booted with Intel card but the result is the same. Then I booted with the -v then I get that.

View attachment 171201

finaly
View attachment 171202

at the bottom was "Still waiting for root device" written.
What System Definition are you using. iMac14,2 or MacPro3,1 (MultiBeast default) is best to start out with to get your system running.

What System Definition are you using. iMac14,2 or MacPro3,1 (MultiBeast default) is best to start out with to get your system running.

MacPro3,1 and other same like ur Guide. I create again my usb with unibeast. I hope this time will be all ok :D

Making the UniBeast USB Thumb Drive

:ch: KextBeast
:ch: Rehabman's kexts for making the USB 3/2 ports work which we'll install using KextBeast
:ch: USBInjectAll.kext which make the USB ports work correctly
:ch: GenericUSBXHCI.kext for 10.11.2 which will make the GENE's USB 3.1 Type-A port work correctly​

THIS MIGHT BE A NOOB QUESTION BUT PLEASE HELP ME!

Hello Stork!

I got a question about RehabMan's 'USBInjectAll' kext that you recommend to get the USB 3/2 ports working properly!

Basically when I un-zip the files there are two folders Debug & Release and I don't understand which one I need as both contain the same USBInjectAll.kext! Now if I use KextBeast while they are in a folder they don't install them into System/Library/Extensions so can you explain how to get this working?

I'm having some USB port issues so I figured RehabMan's latest USBInjectAll.kext might solve all my problems in my system!

Thanks in advance,
Kris

I again installed it but the result was same. I can only boot from the usb when I create the USB with IOAPIC Fix (Skylake Starter Guide). After installation I have selected in the Multi Beast
Quick Start > UEFI Boot Mode
:ch: Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALC1150
:ch: (Optional) Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA
:ch: (Optional) Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC Plugins
:ch: (Optional) Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC HWMonitor Application
:ch: Drivers > Network > Intel > AppleIGB
:ch: MacPro3,1(default)

After that I installed USBInjectAll.kext (release), but the system has been restarted directly then boot it only until the Apple logo then again restart. I booted with the -v and the result is the same namely;
IOAPIC: Version 0x20 = 64 183 Vectors
ACPI

20160108_175000.jpg

After all I have installed again OSX and i installed only multi Beast and the Nvidia drivers. Until then, everything was ok. Then I have the system restarted and it booted only to Apple logo then again restart.

what can i now do?:crazy::problem:

sorry for my bad English.

QkY, use the kext in the Release folder.

I again installed it but the result was same. I can only boot from the usb when I create the USB with IOAPIC Fix (Skylake Starter Guide). After installation I have selected in the Multi Beast
Quick Start > UEFI Boot Mode
:ch: Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALC1150
:ch: (Optional) Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA
:ch: (Optional) Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC Plugins
:ch: (Optional) Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC HWMonitor Application
:ch: Drivers > Network > Intel > AppleIGB
:ch: MacPro3,1(default)

After that I installed USBInjectAll.kext (release), but the system has been restarted directly then boot it only until the Apple logo then again restart. I booted with the -v and the result is the same namely;
IOAPIC: Version 0x20 = 64 183 Vectors
ACPI

View attachment 171250

After all I have installed again OSX and i installed only multi Beast and the Nvidia drivers. Until then, everything was ok. Then I have the system restarted and it booted only to Apple logo then again restart.

what can i now do?:crazy::problem:

sorry for my bad English.
I recommend re-installing against, then run MultiBeast without using the Optional items. I'm seeing a lot of the FakeSMC Plugins & HWMonitor users running into problems.

Hey, sorry for the late reply. In the clover boot screen you go down to "options" and then find "boot in verbose mode" otherwise you should be able to find it here the "solutions" guide that Tony posted.

Let me know what it says after that.

hello Mezter, thank you for your advice, I was successively install the hackintosh at first, but after I run the MultiBeast and KextBeast as the following step, I can't even reboot the system anymore!
it comes the same photo as what I had post last time, and I can't find the verbose mod....sorry.
here is my equipment.

CPU:Intel I7-6700K
MB: ASUS M8G
RAM: kinston DDR4-2133 8G*2
NO VGA card

Sorry guys, is't my first time to install hackintosh, and Skylake motherboard seems more difficult to install.
Wish you guys can help me><
BTW I am Taiwanese, sorry for my bad English.
Maybe I can use this chance to improve it!!
thank you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back