Contribute
Register

Stork's Gene Build > ASUS MAXIMUS VIII GENE Z170 - i5-6600K - MSI Vega 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
Awesome work, I am currently back on Windows 10; however will go come back soon and follow your guide. I have the same build but with a GTX 970. Will update later.

I again installed it but the result was same. I can only boot from the usb when I create the USB with IOAPIC Fix (Skylake Starter Guide). After installation I have selected in the Multi Beast
Quick Start > UEFI Boot Mode
:ch: Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALC1150
:ch: (Optional) Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA
:ch: (Optional) Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC Plugins
:ch: (Optional) Drivers > Misc > FakeSMC HWMonitor Application
:ch: Drivers > Network > Intel > AppleIGB
:ch: MacPro3,1(default)

After that I installed USBInjectAll.kext (release), but the system has been restarted directly then boot it only until the Apple logo then again restart. I booted with the -v and the result is the same namely;
IOAPIC: Version 0x20 = 64 183 Vectors
ACPI

View attachment 171250

After all I have installed again OSX and i installed only multi Beast and the Nvidia drivers. Until then, everything was ok. Then I have the system restarted and it booted only to Apple logo then again restart.

what can i now do?:crazy::problem:

sorry for my bad English.

Dude i had same problem and wrote about it. Its the FakeSMC plugins. They break the system.DO NOT INSTALL FakeSMC plugins and HW monitor, and maybe 3rd Party SATA thru MultiBeast. What i did - i found recompiled fakesmc + plugins + monitor by one guy on another place. Placed recompiled fakeSMC + pluins in EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kext/other. Rebuild KEXT cache. Restart. And it worked. You could try same with official ones, i did not try official ones, just install the plugins by hand not by multibeast. Then all will work and show up in HWMonitor. The plugins are the cause that is why they were take out in the first place and made separate install. All this can be done from Terminal on USB install, no need for reinstall. Just find the installed plugins delete them, recompile kexkcache, maybe restart. Then put everything in right place. The only bad thing about all of this is that it shows wrong ram size on my build.

Edit:
Stork please change the part about installing FakeSMC plugins and HWMonitor from optional to not install. Coz i'm not the only one who had problems after that.

Dude i had same problem and wrote about it. Its the FakeSMC plugins. They break the system.DO NOT INSTALL FakeSMC plugins and HW monitor, and maybe 3rd Party SATA thru MultiBeast. What i did - i found recompiled fakesmc + plugins + monitor by one guy on another place. Placed recompiled fakeSMC + pluins in EFI/EFI/CLOVER/kext/other. Rebuild KEXT cache. Restart. And it worked. You could try same with official ones, i did not try official ones, just install the plugins by hand not by multibeast. Then all will work and show up in HWMonitor. The plugins are the cause that is why they were take out in the first place and made separate install. All this can be done from Terminal on USB install, no need for reinstall. Just find the installed plugins delete them, recompile kexkcache, maybe restart. Then put everything in right place. The only bad thing about all of this is that it shows wrong ram size on my build.

Edit:
Stork please change the part about installing FakeSMC plugins and HWMonitor from optional to not install. Coz i'm not the only one who had problems after that.
Thank you for the heads up. I've modified the OP.

I can confirm this. When I installed with those 3 optional in Multibeast, there was nothing, but issues and crashes (APIC, Bluetooth Missing as such, etc). Installed again w/o those 3 checked, everything seems to work fine along w/ the Generic & InjectAllUSB, etc. I am not complete with my PC, will tweak it some more later. Cheer!

Thank you Stork. And thank you again for the wonderful guide. :headbang:

And Tonymacx86 thank you for the info.

I have it installed ready. Everything is as Stork Guide. I will write here only extras. I installed it so;
For my system, I should make, namely

First i created USB with IOAPIC fix and booted with dart=0 kext-dev-mode=1 rootless=0 nv_disable=1

After installation;

MultibBeast>>

:ch: Quick Start > UEFI Boot Mode
:ch: Drivers > Audio > Realtek ALC1150
:ch: (Optional) Drivers > Disk > 3rd Party SATA

and AppleIGB don't work for i used IntelMausiEthernet.kext and installed with kext wizard then its work.

after that i installed Nvidia drivers and edit config.plist then reboot. But sound didn't work and i run again MultiBeast and selected only ALC1150, reboot then boom sound is working :) Now all is working. Thanks a lot Stork for ur great Guide!

Sorry for my bad English-

Edit:

Dude thanks for Info :D

Hello

first my setup

Maximus Gene VIII Bios 1302
32 GB G-Skill DDR4
Samsung SM951 NVME
i7 6700K
Geforce GTX 980ti

USB3 Stick with Unibeast
bootflag nv_disable

i will get the black apple screen but after a time it shows a crossed circle :(

i have testet internal usb2 and external usb3 ports but the same failure

any ideas ? thx for help

Hello

first my setup

Maximus Gene VIII Bios 1302
32 GB G-Skill DDR4
Samsung SM951 NVME
i7 6700K
Geforce GTX 980ti

USB3 Stick with Unibeast
bootflag nv_disable

i will get the black apple screen but after a time it shows a crossed circle :(

i have testet internal usb2 and external usb3 ports but the same failure

any ideas ? thx for help
If you're trying to install El Capitan on your SM951 NVMe M.2 SSD, you have to install NVMeGeneric.kext on the UniBeast in /L/E. See http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...ver-nvme-m-2-solid-state-drives-released.html.

BTW, I have a Samsung 950 M.2 NVMe SSD, and, while I can install El Capitan on it, I can not boot it. I'm at my wits end in trying to figure out the problem. Good luck with your efforts.

If you're trying to install El Capitan on your SM951 NVMe M.2 SSD, you have to install NVMeGeneric.kext on the UniBeast in /L/E. See http://www.tonymacx86.com/general-h...ver-nvme-m-2-solid-state-drives-released.html.

BTW, I have a Samsung 950 M.2 NVMe SSD, and, while I can install El Capitan on it, I can not boot it. I'm at my wits end in trying to figure out the problem. Good luck with your efforts.

i installed the to EFI/Clover ... kext/10.11/NVMeGeneric.kext

but a test without installation boot with the same failure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back