Contribute
Register

Stork's Gene Build > ASUS MAXIMUS VIII GENE Z170 - i5-6600K - MSI Vega 56

Status
Not open for further replies.
Great write up, good to know the 950 works well.
I have the same card but the Nvidia drivers killed my build somehow. Had it all up and running fine, dual boot on one drive, installed the drivers then the card and now it gets stuck on the load bar. W10 boots and works perfectly but I can't get into OS X no matter what boot flag I use. Anyone else had this happen? Not sure how to fix.

Tried replacing boot arg in clover options but still can't boot. Load bar gets to full then just hangs. Any ideas? It was booting fine before I installed the Nvidia drivers and card. The w10 side of things is all working.

Thank you Stork for your guide and config.plist.
With your help i was able to make a working El Capitan on Hero VIII, 6700K, GTX 750.

My question is does your build work with FakeSMC plugins? Every time i install them in /L/E/ or /clover/kext/10.11/ my system hangs on boot screen at the line of AHCI and then nothing, just that word and hang. And after that every time i have to remove this plugins and rebuild kextcache. Any help with this would be appreciated.

Thank you in advanced.

With your help i was able to make a working El Capitan on Hero VIII, 6700K, GTX 750.

My question is does your build work with FakeSMC plugins? Every time i install them in /L/E/ or /clover/kext/10.11/ my system hangs on boot screen at the line of AHCI and then nothing, just that word and hang. And after that every time i have to remove this plugins and rebuild kextcache. Any help with this would be appreciated.

Thank you in advanced.
I have not used the FakeSMC Plugins and the HWMonitor. Those are updated very frequently, so you may want to check their site.

http://hwsensors.com/releases

Thank you in advanced.

can you please tell me how did you get it working exactly and upload your clover file to me please ? and did you patch the applgraphiccontrol.kext to get the nvidia web driver working ? :/ i am still stuck like you

can you please tell me how did you get it working exactly and upload your clover file to me please ? and did you patch the applgraphiccontrol.kext to get the nvidia web driver working ? :/ i am still stuck like you

I used Stork's attached config.plist. Did not patch anything. Only used what what was in tutorial.

First problem i had was on Post-Install. First boot u create ur user etc..

Then when u do MultiBeast dont install HW monitor or FakeSCM plugins or 3rd Party Sata. After the MultiBeast install mount ur newly create EFI partition and copy Stork's config.plist to EFI/EFI/CLOVER, only set nv_disable=0. After that install Web Drivers for Nvidia WebDriver-346.03.04f01 or higher version install but dont push restart (as Stork says in his tutorial). Manually install USBInjectAll.kext and GenericUSBXHCI.kext with Storks method mentioned:
Code:
cd ~/Desktop && sudo cp -rf *.kext /Library/Extensions && sudo touch /Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -Boot -U /
And that is how i made it work.

I have not used the FakeSMC Plugins and the HWMonitor. Those are updated very frequently, so you may want to check their site.

http://hwsensors.com/releases

Already did that same result.

EDIT:

Found on another forum re-compiled FakeSMC plugins, placed them in kext/others folder. Rebuild cache and all is workin. YAY.

Thank you Stork. GG :D

Thank you in advanced.

Utamaru look at post #273 in this thread http://www.tonymacx86.com/desktop-c...ead-skylake-platform-os-x-28.html#post1158806

This is the trail to a HWMonitor that works for me on both ASUS Z170I Pro Gaming and Gigabyte Z170-HD3.

Good modding,
neil

I used Stork's attached config.plist. Did not patch anything. Only used what what was in tutorial.

First problem i had was on Post-Install. First boot u create ur user etc..

Then when u do MultiBeast dont install HW monitor or FakeSCM plugins or 3rd Party Sata. After the MultiBeast install mount ur newly create EFI partition and copy storks config.plist to EFI/EFI/CLOVER, only set nv_disable=0. After that install Web Drivers for Nvidia WebDriver-346.03.04f01 or higher version install but dont push restart (as Stork says in his tutorial). Manually install USBInjectAll.kext and GenericUSBXHCI.kext with Storks method mentioned "cd ~/Desktop && sudo cp -rf *.kext /Library/Extensions && sudo touch /Library/Extensions && sudo kextcache -Boot -U /". And that is how i made it work

i re install it fresh again and do exactly like Stork except what you told me but still the problem ibegin to think its related to gtx 970 only !cuz its the only thing that i have different from you :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back