Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iBook, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
Are there any drivers for implementing usb 3.1 gen 2 support?
The USB 3.1 gen 2 chipset used on this motherboard has native macOS support. You shouldn't need any additional drivers.

Motherboard
ASUS x299 Deluxe
CPU
i9-7940x
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
The USB 3.1 gen 2 chipset used on this motherboard has native macOS support. You shouldn't need any additional drivers.
I thought it only runs at 5G speeds though? Could be on the drive's side of course. Do the asmedia ports count towards the port limit with an ssdt in place or does the ssdt only touch the intel usb ports? Thanks!

pastrychef

Motherboard
Asus ROG Strix Z370-G Gaming (Wi-Fi AC)
CPU
i9-9900K OC'd @ 5.0GHz
Graphics
Vega 56
Mac
MacBook, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
iBook, Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
I thought it only runs at 5G speeds though? Could be on the drive's side of course. Do the asmedia ports count towards the port limit with an ssdt in place or does the ssdt only touch the intel usb ports? Thanks!
If you are relying on System Information to tell you that it's running at 5GB, ignore it. It's wrong. Even the Sonnet USB 3.1 gen 2 card suffers from this incorrect reporting.
Screen Shot 2018-08-19 at 3.45.38 PM.png

Source: https://www.sonnettech.com/product/allegro-usbc-pcie

Motherboard
ASUS MAXIMUS VIII HERO Z170
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mac
MacBook Pro
I'm trying to upgrade to High Sierra and I'm stopping at kextd stall[0], (240s): 'AppleACPICPU'

I was able to run through the installer earlier today using the same USB thumb drive. Has anyone had this problem using this configuration?

Attachments

Stork

Admin
Staff member
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS X HERO Z370
CPU
i7-8700K
Graphics
RX 580
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac mini, Mac Pro
Classic Mac
Power Mac, PowerBook
Mobile Phone
iOS
I'm trying to upgrade to High Sierra and I'm stopping at kextd stall[0], (240s): 'AppleACPICPU'

I was able to run through the installer earlier today using the same USB thumb drive. Has anyone had this problem using this configuration?
How are you doing the upgrade? Fresh install? Or over the previous macOS?

Motherboard
ASUS MAXIMUS VIII HERO Z170
CPU
i7-6700K
Graphics
GTX 1050 Ti
Mac
MacBook Pro
I was trying to upgrade over Sierra. The install completed using this USB drive but then clover no longer displayed the nvme hard drive which Sierra was on. So now I'm trying to boot back into the installer and see what's going on.

Last edited:
Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII GENE DDR4 (Bios v3504)
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
K5000
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Hi Stork, I did a build about a year ago from your guide here and it worked out well (I have similar Hardware spec as in your build). Today I wanted to try to see if I could install High Sierra on a new ungraded drive (Samsung 960 1T M.2). I followed Tony's steps again and went through your check list as well, updated my BIOS and I even used the same thumb drive. I got to Step 4 installing the OS but when booting to the OS X installer the Apple changes to a circle with a line through it. I tried all my USB ports and tried disabling my NVIDIA Graphics card but I cant get past it. Is there anything you could suggest to get me to the install screen? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Motherboard
ASUS x299 Deluxe
CPU
i9-7940x
Graphics
Vega 64
Mac
iMac, MacBook Pro
Hi Stork, I did a build about a year ago from your guide here and it worked out well (I have similar Hardware spec as in your build). Today I wanted to try to see if I could install High Sierra on a new ungraded drive (Samsung 960 1T m.2). I followed Tony's steps again and went through your check list as well, updated my BIOS and I even used the same thumb drive. I got to step 4 installing the OS but when booting to the OS X installer the apple changes to a circle with a line through it. I tried all my USB ports and tried disabling my NVIDIA Graphics card but I cant get past it. Is there anything you could suggest to get me to the install screen? Any help would be appreciated. Thanks!
Are you booting from the EFI partition on the USB or is it maybe trying to boot from the NVME drive?

Motherboard
ASUS ROG MAXIMUS VIII GENE DDR4 (Bios v3504)
CPU
i7 6700K
Graphics
K5000
Mac
MacBook Pro, Mac Pro
Mobile Phone
iOS
Are you booting from the EFI partition on the USB or is it maybe trying to boot from the NVMe drive?
I'm pretty sure I am. After holding down the F8 key, I see 4 partitions. The two internal storage (the 960 M.2 and a 4T standard 3.5) The other two are from the USB. The EFI and the OSX (Is it normal to have two partitions when creating the boot UniBeast USB?). If I did choose the NVMe drive, would I still see the Clover boot screen? Thanks for replying ddsmith!