Contribute
Register

sometimes CPU lags (audio and video), h170m Skylake (video of the problem inside post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hello everyone
I have a skylake build hackintosh from last tonymac recommendation:
  • motherboard: Gigabyte GA-H170M-D3H DDR4
  • CPU: core i5 6500
  • SSD: samsung evo 850 128gb
  • GPU: only integrated video intel hd 530
  • RAM: CRUCIAL CT4G4DFS8213 DDR4 4Gb x2
  • others: ASUS USB-BT400 & magic mouse 2 & apple wired keyboard

thank you, tonymacx community for the opportunity to use mac os on PC components, everythings great. But something don't work :(
  • boot from sleep (no signal on moitor on imac17 configuration and black screen on mac 13 configuration. yes, i know, now it's not possible to work. post about this problem http://www.tonymacx86.com/threads/skylake-hd530-sleeps-but-wont-wake.190929/ This problem can be solved by buying a graphics card )
  • hdmi sound and boot with to connected monitor (also i searched forum for this problem. Now is no guaranteed solution)
  • after a shutdown takes 3-5 seconds, and my computer boots up again. (i use all advice about this problem (turn off WOL and others parameters on bios, unplug all external and internal drives, but nothings to help me)
all of this problem are small, but
  • sometimes (maybe one time at day, sometimes more often) for no apparent reason audio sound at my hackintosh becomes terrible. noise from speakers, lags on video (on youtube and vlc player). Only restart can solved this problem. It is very upsetting :(

At first i use alc1150 kext from multiBeast, after i install Voodoo sound kext but problem is not solved. then i add in config.plist this parameter:
<key>CPU</key>
<dict>
<key>UseARTFrequency</key>
<false/>
</dict>

this parameter did not solve my problem too.

I noticed, when the CPU is heavily loaded (in my case i run geekbech test) sound become at normal state. I record small video about this problem :

Is this a CPU problem or HD 530 problem?

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.7 KB · Views: 475
I have almost the same build.
Asus H170 Pro
Intel i5 6500

And here are my problems:
-No audio devices
I have tried to install audio driver Realtek® ALC887 from multi-beast but nothing changes.
-Screen glitch (garble) in some application area: tab bar safari, log-on screen.
After installing custom graphic HD 530 from multibeast, no video signal to monitor on boot

I have almost the same build.
Asus H170 Pro
Intel i5 6500

And here are my problems:
-No audio devices
I have tried to install audio driver Realtek® ALC887 from multi-beast but nothing changes.
-Screen glitch (garble) in some application area: tab bar safari, log-on screen.
After installing custom graphic HD 530 from multibeast, no video signal to monitor on boot

I know the answer to the "No audio devices" problem. In MultiBeast, you have to select BOTH the Realtek ALC887 driver AND the "100 Series Audio" option (what this does is installs a Clover patch to rename the audio device to "HDEF" so that the Realtek driver can "see" it). The other problems? I have no idea.

At first i use alc1150 kext from multiBeast, after i install Voodoo sound kext but problem is not solved.

Again, I don't know the answer to the other issues you posted about, but I can help you fix the audio. Your motherboard has a Realtek ALC892 audio codec, not ALC1150; you installed the wrong driver. Run MultiBeast again, and as above, select BOTH the Realtek ALC892 driver AND the "100 Series Audio" option to patch the "HDEF" device. That should fix your audio.

0. 2nobodynose. Yes, i installed every sound kext in rotation. Now i use vodoohda
1. For normal shutdown I checked in config.plist "FixShutdown" in ACPI section. Its works for me
2. I researched my problem with freeze sound. this problem related to low energy on cpu. I researched "c-states". Only turn off every c-states in uefi bios for GA-H170M-D3H resolved my problem. sound for long time stay normal. In config.plist available many options with c-states, but my experiments have no led to success. only turn off in uefi bios works. Energy efficient for cpu didnt change.:headbang:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back