Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

Hi guys, I have installed the Web Drivers for my GTX 1080, and enabled web drivers in config.plist. I have also done as Slim Jim suggested in the original post, but when I restart after putting drivers to Nvidia, it automatically resets them to OS X drivers. Help!

Finally got multi monitor to work without hot-plugging by switching connector on my secondary display from dvi to hdmi (active vga adapter), the very poor performance and glitches after waking from sleep remains though

Finally got multi monitor to work without hot-plugging by switching connector on my secondary display from dvi to hdmi (active vga adapter), the very poor performance and glitches after waking from sleep remains though
Same, changing desktop resolution/refresh rate, will help but it is a temporary solution.

Hi everybody, I have an Asus Z270E and I try to use my Asus GTX 1070.
I follow all the step but without any good issue.

I just update my system 10.12.3 to 10.12.4 with the last clover version, before installing the Nvidia driver. Everything ok.
Previously, I used the HD630 with my i5 7600K. I removed in the config.plist the information of the HD630.
I install the Nvidia driver, and solve the problem on loading at boot with the "Problem 6". With the "problem 6", now I have a black screen when I restart, So I'm obliged to use at boot nv_disable=1.

So now, when my hackintosh start with nv_disable=1, I can see on the top menu that I'm on the Nvidia Web Driver instead of OS X Default graphic driver (so problem 6 was well installed). But I am on nv_disable=1 so that can't work...

When I inject Nvidia in config.plist, he recognize my card with good name, but with only 14mb and no acceleration.

Any ideas ? I put my config in attachment, I hope that somebody will help me :oops:

Thank you !

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.9 KB · Views: 211
Hi everybody, I have an Asus Z270E and I try to use my Asus GTX 1070.
I follow all the step but without any good issue.

I just update my system 10.12.3 to 10.12.4 with the last clover version, before installing the Nvidia driver. Everything ok.
Previously, I used the HD630 with my i5 7600K. I removed in the config.plist the information of the HD630.
I install the Nvidia driver, and solve the problem on loading at boot with the "Problem 6". With the "problem 6", now I have a black screen when I restart, So I'm obliged to use at boot nv_disable=1.

So now, when my hackintosh start with nv_disable=1, I can see on the top menu that I'm on the Nvidia Web Driver instead of OS X Default graphic driver (so problem 6 was well installed). But I am on nv_disable=1 so that can't work...

When I inject Nvidia in config.plist, he recognize my card with good name, but with only 14mb and no acceleration.

Any ideas ? I put my config in attachment, I hope that somebody will help me :oops:

Thank you !

Did you try changing your system definition? If you go with 14,2 instead of 17,1 it might just work and you can undo the solution to Problem 6, which might be messing with it.

Did you try changing your system definition? If you go with 14,2 instead of 17,1 it might just work and you can undo the solution to Problem 6, which might be messing with it.

Thank you so much Keepps, I just change it to 14.2 like you say (changed nothing more, don't remove the things injected with "Problem 6") and now Everything work fine: my GTX Asus 1070 O8G is fully compatible.

Thanks again ! :mrgreen: :headbang: :clap:

You don't need these new pascal drivers for a 750, the previous ones are fine and I've even seen people say the new drivers muck up their 7xx series video. Were you running the 750 just fine before and updated to the new drivers?

Regardless I don't even know that Sierra (which my understanding is the only OS that supports these new drivers) supports nvda_drv=1?

I'm so confused. Post your specs, what version of what OS you're using etc.

Attachments

• 屏幕快照 2017-04-15 下午11.53.17.png
    屏幕快照 2017-04-15 下午11.53.17.png
    63.4 KB · Views: 136
  • config.plist
    3.8 KB · Views: 215
I have an other little problem, the card seems to work fine (well detected) the dock has acceleration. But when I want to simply start Adobe Premiere, the computer freeze and restart at the loading panel.

When I want to launch a Geekbench test of the compute, he simply stop the test after 3 seconds (CPU test work fine, and I download the last release).

Maybe my gtx is not fully ok ?

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.8 KB · Views: 221

You have Inject/Nvidia/True. As indicated by the 0MB VRAM and that it names your card with the manufacturer. Change it to false.

Hi, I have a GTX 1080 and have installed the latest web drivers. However, I still cannot get it to stay on NVIDIA Web Drivers when I reboot. Btw I have webdrivers enabled in config.plist

Back