Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

First update your profile with your current hardware if you are using an Nvidia GPU. Second, there is no driver out right now for your build. You must update the driver with EVERY os update so next time don't update until there is a new version of the driver available. All steps you need to follow are in the initial post.

oops! totally forgot to update that. does that mean I'm stuck with slow graphics until a build comes out? even the marker in the timeline of Logic Pro X disappears

oops! totally forgot to update that. does that mean I'm stuck with slow graphics until a build comes out? even the marker in the timeline of Logic Pro X disappears
Follow the steps of problem #5 in the first post.

Follow the steps of problem #5 in the first post.

i tried before, but seeing as i deleted the drivers there is no plist file anymore, therefore there is nothing to edit.

the attached screenshot is what terminal looks like when i copy and paste the command provided.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2017-03-28 at 19.03.22.png
    Screen Shot 2017-03-28 at 19.03.22.png
    30.4 KB · Views: 125
Last edited:
i tried before, but seeing as i deleted the drivers there is no plist file anymore, therefore there is nothing to edit.

the attached screenshot is what terminal looks like when i copy and paste the command provided.

Reinstall the drivers.

i tried that, i wish it was that easy but they won't install

You need to modify the distribution file to bypass the OS version check. Similar steps are in Problem #3 of the first post.

Simple, copy the EFI folder from the USB to the boot drive where Clover is installed. You can also just try comparing the two config.plist using an online text comparison tool.

I have the two config.plist files pulled up on a comparison tool online, but I am uncertain as to what I need to look for in regards to what is causing the issue.

I have the two config.plist files pulled up on a comparison tool online, but I am uncertain as to what I need to look for in regards to what is causing the issue.

Alright, so I have tried two different troubleshooting steps. I copied the USB EFI clover file onto the SSD EFI Clover folder, essentially replacing it and the computer booted that way. Before doing that I saved my clover folder onto a USB drive. So I moved the saved clover folder back where it was and, naturally, the computer doesn't boot. I resolve to using the boot flag nv_disable=1 and the computer booted. So the graphics is obviously my problem and not a single fix I have tried so far thus has helped me. It seems to have instead made the computer unbootable unless I use that boot flag.

Out of desperation, I decided to restart the computer into its normal sequence to see what would happen. A great man once said you don't try the same thing over and over to see if you get different results, but when it comes to computers that is ********. The darn thing booted.

I don't understand why it wouldn't boot in the first place considering I have used the new method for enabling the driver with Sierra, and used the fixes for problems 4&6. But I am even more confused by the fact that all of a sudden...it is booting. I shut down the computer completely and booted up again after rebooting and it still seems to be working. I hadn't really changed or done anything different since my last post other than restarting it.

This same thing happened to me with El Capitan, which is how I got started with the Sierra adventure. The same thing meaning that it simply stopped booting for no reason. I was able to get El Capitan to load normally for a few times randomly as well before it straight gave up booting again. I am hoping the same thing doesn't happen with Sierra, but I cannot say for sure whether it will keep booting like it is or not.

Back