Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

Don't know if it is this driver or the OS X update to 10.11.5 but since I updated I get every some minutes a short desync (monitor goes black for some 1/10 s) and sometimes the display goes into sleep mode (like energy savings) for some seconds and then is bright again frome alone. Sometimes nothing happens for more than 15 minutes.
With 10.11.4 and the driver version before this problem never appeared.
I use system defintion iMac 17.2 (clover sets this automatically) and had to apply
AGDPfix.app again after the update to 10.11.5
Using a Gigabyte nVidia 750ti and an LG display (21:9) via Displayport.

Update: Changed the monitor connection from Displayport to HDMI. The problem doesn't occur with HDMI - but HDMI ist only able to display 3440 x 1440 pixel in 30 Hz (compared to 60 Hz with DP).
So I suppose something strange interaction in OS X 10.11.5 x DP * monitor input.

Or is something different possible?

Last edited:
Thank you for this solving guide but in my system doesn't work.
The only profile that work for me is MacPro3,1. My Geforce is a Zotac 560Ti. Gigabyte Z77-D3H.
I tried the nvda_drv and nv_spanmodepolicy after nvidia drivers installed. I tried without injections and with nvidia injections.

I have to boot always with nv_disable=1, if not my screen goes off (but system boots as I can see hard drive loading).

Thank you for this solving guide but in my system doesn't work.
The only profile that work for me is MacPro3,1. My Geforce is a Zotac 560Ti. Gigabyte Z77-D3H.
I tried the nvda_drv and nv_spanmodepolicy after nvidia drivers installed. I tried without injections and with nvidia injections.

I have to boot always with nv_disable=1, if not my screen goes off (but system boots as I can see hard drive loading).

There shouldn't be any issues when using MacPro3,1. A 560 Ti requires Nvidia injection and might require the Nvidia drivers. nv_spanmodepolicy is only for when using a 5K display. Install the correct drivers, add nvda_drv=1 to your boot arguments and set Inject/NVidia/True.

Since you are running a GTX 960 you must get the web drivers working in order to have graphics acceleration. I need more info about why they won't work.

In transitions, it´s like the same error than when you´re playing any game, and it share the screen, and you can resolve it with G-Sync, or Freesync... Ohh, and sorry for any grammar mistake, I´m from Brazil hahahaha.

I need help, my NVIDIA gtx 650 OC 2 gb is not recognized.
If I unplug the graphics card all works with MOBO integrated card, what is the problem? The graphics card is broken? Is not compatible with OS X 10.11.5?

What can I do? :banghead:

In transitions, it´s like the same error than when you´re playing any game, and it share the screen, and you can resolve it with G-Sync, or Freesync... Ohh, and sorry for any grammar mistake, I´m from Brazil hahahaha.

It's not that the drivers don't work. They aren't loading for some reason. Make sure you aren't injecting Nvidia, do not have the boot argument nv_disable=1 anywhere and do have the argument nvda_drv=1 in your config.plist.

There shouldn't be any issues when using MacPro3,1. A 560 Ti requires Nvidia injection and might require the Nvidia drivers. nv_spanmodepolicy is only for when using a 5K display. Install the correct drivers, add nvda_drv=1 to your boot arguments and set Inject/NVidia/True.
Thank you so much. It worked at first attempt!

I need help, my NVIDIA gtx 650 OC 2 gb is not recognized.
If I unplug the graphics card all works with MOBO integrated card, what is the problem? The graphics card is broken? Is not compatible with OS X 10.11.5?

What can I do? :banghead:

That is a Kepler card so make sure you are not injecting Nvidia and you might need to install the Web Drivers because El Capitan dropped support for some older cards. With the card installed, boot using the flag nv_disable=1. Install the web drivers and remove the flag nv_disable=1 and add the flag nvda_drv=1.

Hi, After changing my Mac profile back to 6,1 I tried running the first chmod command and I get a long string of errors which say:
chmod: Unable to change file mode on /System/Library/Extensions/webdav_fs.kext/Contents/version.plist: Operation not permitted
for all the kexts. What can I do to enable write permissions to the kexts? Thank you.

Oh I forgot the sudo in front of all the commands! Of course for commands like these that touch system files you need elevated access, so add sudo in front of every command.

Hi all, I'm having a bit of a shocker with my first Hackintosh build (yup - welcome to the club :) ). I can install El Capitan (.5) no problem with the awesome instructions on this site - the problem is the Nvidia GTX980 I'm trying to use with it - I'm encountering problem 4 ("Monitor goes to sleep at the end of the boot sequence") but I'm not using one of the machine identifiers listed there, but rather MacPro3,1 (config.plist attached).

I'm confident that its problem 4 rather than a complete system freeze since I can use VNC from another machine to do a remote session and its responsive. When in the VNC session "About this Mac" shows the Nvidia card as correctly detected. Weirdly it also says "iMac (Retina 5K, 27-inch, Late 2015)". But I specifically selected "MacPro3,1" in MultiBeast and the config.plist appears to agree with that.

I tried the "Pike R. Alpha" fix, which you'll be able to see in the config.plist, but that had no effect.

System:

* Mother board: Asus Z170 Pro Gaming
* CPU: i7-6700K
* Graphics card: Asus GTX980 OC (4GB)
* RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 32GB
* SSD: Crucial 250GB

Anyone got any ideas? I'm at a complete lost!

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.2 KB · Views: 220
Back