Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

Does anyone have an idea of how long it will take for the Nvidia Web Drivers for the new 1080 to be released? How long did it take Nvidia to release drivers for the 980ti, for instance, when the 980ti was released?

Curious because I want to buy one as soon as it comes out but want to be able to use it on my hackintosh as well :)

Hi I need help with the problem #4.

Actually I solved it by using method 1 (adding lines to config.plist) but it is not working anymore. While I try booting over and over again It came up running again 2 times, it was random, I only added new lines to the patched string in config.plist. But it is gone again for the third time, I dont understand.

By the way just for testing when I remove the patch string black screen happens. When I add the patch string boot stops at NTFS drivers phase.

I uploaded my config.plist file.

Any ideas please, it was working like a charm.

Attachments

• config.plist
    5.1 KB · Views: 228
Last edited:
I just installed my new EVGA GTX 970 card today after downloading the current Nvidia web drivers. I've used Clover Configurator to add the nv_disable=1 and nvda_drv=1 to the boot arguments, and my video performance is terrible.
I have the i7-6700k CPU, Gigabyte GA-Z170x-UD5 TH motherboard, 32GB ram, etc.

If I go into About my mac, it shows Graphics NVIDIA Chip Model 7 MB

Is there something I'm missing? If I remove the nv_disable=1 command, I have no display.

I'm hooked up DVI right now.

Thanks,
Kevin

Hi I need help with the problem #4.

Actually I solved it by using method 1 (adding lines to config.plist) but it is not working anymore. While I try booting over and over again It came up running again 2 times, it was random, I only added new lines to the patched string in config.plist. But it is gone again for the third time, I dont understand.

By the way just for testing when I remove the patch string black screen happens. When I add the patch string boot stops at NTFS drivers phase.

I uploaded my config.plist file.

Any ideas please, it was working like a charm.

Your config file is messy and has some formatting errors. You should also define an SMBIOS and add nvda_drv=1 to your boot arguments.

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    263.1 KB · Views: 198
Well, I too am having trouble with Problem #4. I've tried the PikeRAlpha fix and the kext edit, but both result in a black screen half-way through the boot process. All works well (except for the graphical glitches) if I use nv_disable=1.

When I first installed OSX using this guide on 10.11.1 (I think) things worked beautifully, but now - even after a complete reformat/reinstall - I am getting this error. One thing that makes me think I may have messed my config.plist is that Clover Configurator doesn't seem to load it anymore (i.e. all the settings are blank).

Any help would be very greatly appreciated.

Edit: should probably say I'm now trying 10.11.4

Attachments

• config.plist
    6.6 KB · Views: 231
Last edited:
Problem 2: This version OS X is not supported
This is caused by having the wrong driver for your installed build of OS X.

Fix: Find out your build number and then get the right driver.

1. Open up About This Mac
  2. Click where it says 10.10.2 or 10.10.1, etc.
  3. This will display your build number
  4. Download the right driver for your build:

This solution is very helpful for me!
Thank you slim.jim!

Last edited by a moderator:
Last edited:
Back