Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

I have MacPro3.1 and I can't get working.
I should add these lines of code in config.plist ?
Thank you for helping.

Post your config file.

config.plist - from usb boot (default from skylake guide)
config(hackintosh).plist - from EFI partition.

Attachments

• config.plist
    4.1 KB · Views: 112
  • config(hackintosh).plist
    6.1 KB · Views: 185
Sorry, problems #1 & 3 required FPE but are obsolete as of 10.10.5. Problem #2 doesn't require FPE, you just need the right driver.

Most recent is 14F1605, that driver is: http://us.download.nvidia.com/Mac/Quadro_Certified/346.02.03f05/WebDriver-346.02.03f05.pkg

Excellent thank you I was able to install the most recent driver. So to boot using the drivers always would nvda_drv=true work? When it was switched to 1 it only booted it up once. When I restarted after booting nvda_drv=1 it returned to what seemed like nv_disable=1 mode.

Thanks.

Excellent thank you I was able to install the most recent driver. So to boot using the drivers always would nvda_drv=true work? When it was switched to 1 it only booted it up once. When I restarted after booting nvda_drv=1 it returned to what seemed like nv_disable=1 mode.

Thanks.

nvda_drv=1 is the correct boot flag. Not sure if nvda_drv=true would work. Make sure it is properly saved in your config.plist.

config.plist - from usb boot (default from skylake guide)
config(hackintosh).plist - from EFI partition.

It is possible that El Capitan dropped support for your GPU. Inject NVIDIA should be true and make sure you have installed the web drivers before using nvda_drv=1.

Can anyone please clarify what this step means:
Monitor goes to sleep at the end of the boot sequence when using iMac15,1 or iMac17,1 or MacPro 6,1 system definition
<snip>
3. Save your config and now your kext will be patched when you boot by changing board-id to board-ix.
The stuff is in my config.plist, however, the monitor still goes to sleep.

My board-id is set to "Mac-65ce76090165799a" in my SMBIOS in order to enable Skylake features.

Help!

It is possible that El Capitan dropped support for your GPU. Inject NVIDIA should be true and make sure you have installed the web drivers before using nvda_drv=1.

I get working my Nvidia GTX 460 only with Graphics Injector Menu - Inject Nvidia (on clover boot).
Now I don't understand what flags I need to add on config.plist to bootup without selecting that options everytime. (I have Inject Nvidia = true on config.plist)...

Code:
<key>NVidia</key>
<true/>

HI there can you post on how to get to nvda_drv=1. I'm noob to this,,, I tried to switch to web graphic but as I reboot it goes back to apple default . pls help, and also when you upgrade to graphics driver , do you uninstall first the old one?

I get working my Nvidia GTX 460 only with Graphics Injector Menu - Inject Nvidia (on clover boot).
Now I don't understand what flags I need to add on config.plist to bootup without selecting that options everytime. (I have Inject Nvidia = true on config.plist)...

Code:
<key>NVidia</key>
<true/>

If the config you are looking at has that code but you have to select nvidia injection at each boot then you are looking at the right config.plist file. Make sure you are editing the one located at EFI/CLOVER/config.plist.

Can anyone please clarify what this step means:

The stuff is in my config.plist, however, the monitor still goes to sleep.

My board-id is set to "Mac-65ce76090165799a" in my SMBIOS in order to enable Skylake features.

Help!

Post your config.plist

Back