Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

I'm getting black screen when booting El Capitan with a GTX 460. If I boot up with nv_disable=1 it works but low res. I need to edit the AppleGraphicsControl.kext?

Tried with nvda_drv=1, GraphicsEnabler=Yes but nothing.

Can someone tell me how can I edit the kext and patch it ?

I'm getting black screen when booting El Capitan with a GTX 460. If I boot up with nv_disable=1 it works but low res. I need to edit the AppleGraphicsControl.kext?

Tried with nvda_drv=1, GraphicsEnabler=Yes but nothing.

Can someone tell me how can I edit the kext and patch it ?

If using Clover see post #1, problem #4. It only applies if you are running the certain system profiles listed. Also, if using Clover, GraphicsEnabler=Yes is not a valid Clover boot argument.

Hello
but I got a trouble with my evga gtx960 4gb
that I successful install the elcapitan 10.11.3
but that I install the driver and restart with Nvda drv=1
my computer being restart or just stock at Apple sign that loading in osx

witch way I could do

thanks for help

Hey all,
I'm trying to get my card to work like many of you, and I am trying to follow the steps on the initial thread, however I cannot find the Flat Package Editor (FPE) on the Apple Developer website. Is there an alternate download site? At this point would it be better to switch over to Clover as I am running Yosemite 10.10.5 with Chameleon and MacPro 3,1 system definition? Here is my system profile:

Mobo: ASRock Z97 Killer E2200
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790k
GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 970 G1 Gaming
RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2-8Gb DDR3 - 1600
Wireless Card: TP-Link AC1750 PCI Express Adapter

My card is already installed in my computer and I have not tried removing it to install the NVIDIA drivers yet. Also another question I have is which 10.10.5 driver should I download from the initial thread as there are 4 options to choose from?

Thanks.

Hey all,
I'm trying to get my card to work like many of you, and I am trying to follow the steps on the initial thread, however I cannot find the Flat Package Editor (FPE) on the Apple Developer website. Is there an alternate download site? At this point would it be better to switch over to Clover as I am running Yosemite 10.10.5 with Chameleon and MacPro 3,1 system definition? Here is my system profile:

Mobo: ASRock Z97 Killer E2200
Processor: Intel Core i7-4790k
GPU: Gigabyte Geforce GTX 970 G1 Gaming
RAM: Crucial Ballistix 2-8Gb DDR3 - 1600
Wireless Card: TP-Link AC1750 PCI Express Adapter

My card is already installed in my computer and I have not tried removing it to install the NVIDIA drivers yet. Also another question I have is which 10.10.5 driver should I download from the initial thread as there are 4 options to choose from?

Thanks.

You shouldn't need FPE anymore since you are running 10.10.5, all of the checks in #1 & 2 have been removed as of the 10.10.5 drivers. Download the driver that corresponds to the build of 10.10.5 you are running. If you are completely up to date with 10.10.5 then download the newest driver.

Hello
but I got a trouble with my evga gtx960 4gb
that I successful install the elcapitan 10.11.3
but that I install the driver and restart with Nvda drv=1
my computer being restart or just stock at Apple sign that loading in osx

witch way I could do

thanks for help

Make sure you are using the correct boot flag. It is nvda_drv=1 and not Nvda drv=1. Note, boot flags are case sensitive.

If using Clover see post #1, problem #4. It only applies if you are running the certain system profiles listed. Also, if using Clover, GraphicsEnabler=Yes is not a valid Clover boot argument.

I have MacPro3.1 and I can't get working.
I should add these lines of code in config.plist ?
Thank you for helping.

You shouldn't need FPE anymore since you are running 10.10.5, all of the checks in #1 & 2 have been removed as of the 10.10.5 drivers. Download the driver that corresponds to the build of 10.10.5 you are running. If you are completely up to date with 10.10.5 then download the newest driver.

So I assume that the proper driver to download for the up to date 10.10.5 would be 10.10.5 (14F1509)? Am I correct in assuming that? The only issue is when I try to install the NVIDIA Drivers I still get the error message.

Thanks.

Sorry for typing
because I'm using iPad it's hard typing
i use the correct boot flag actually

I don't have computer with me now

have any idea?!

So I assume that the proper driver to download for the up to date 10.10.5 would be 10.10.5 (14F1509)? Am I correct in assuming that? The only issue is when I try to install the NVIDIA Drivers I still get the error message.

Thanks.

Sorry, problems #1 & 3 required FPE but are obsolete as of 10.10.5. Problem #2 doesn't require FPE, you just need the right driver.

Most recent is 14F1605, that driver is: http://us.download.nvidia.com/Mac/Quadro_Certified/346.02.03f05/WebDriver-346.02.03f05.pkg

Back