Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

I've build a system with Gigabyte H110M-S2H microATX mainboarg and a i3 6100 CPU and 8GB RAM with El Capitain 10.11.3

System runs fine with integrated HD 530 graphics but with artifacts becaus there are no Apple drivers for this. "About this Mac" shows the graphics uses 7MB VRAM.
Because this I bought a MSI nVidia GT 710 graphics card (need not much speed) with Kepler GPU.

First the system crashed during booting (despite BIOS changed to PCIe and integrated grahics was turned off) resulting in boot-crash-loops.
Then I changed Clover Boot -> nv_disable=1 to true. This time booting was possible but still no accelleration. nVidia web drivers are not active after reboot.
"About this Mac" shows "NVIDIA Chip Model 7 MB" => the card is not recognized.

What I tried was: Setiing Clover -> Boot -> nvda_drv= to true and changing Mac type in SMBIOS to iMac 14.1 and 15.1 but nothing helped.

Suppose I have to tell the system what exact type the graphics card is.
But don't know how and if this direction is promising at all...

Did you install the Nvidia web drivers? Without doing that then the boot flag nvda_drv=1 does nothing. You should be fine with iMac14,2 though. iMac15,1 comes with another set of issues. Also make sure that Inject/Nvidia is set to false.

I am done :) , everything works. usb 3.0, bought a bluetooth dongle so my keyboard/mouse working.
Got the digital audio up so my Turtle Beach 800 works. Got the Photoshop CS5 up and working.
I think I forgot only 1 thing. Reading the first write up they talking about set up a "faking ID" or something when the mackintosh sending fake identification or something like that. How can I do that? I wanted to download a software from App store and it said i am using a system "can't be recognized "
:)

Still things happen, the pc turned off itself, got some error message , and when re-boot again no usb 3.0 again ...

I am done :) , everything works. usb 3.0, bought a bluetooth dongle so my keyboard/mouse working.
Got the digital audio up so my Turtle Beach 800 works. Got the Photoshop CS5 up and working.
I think I forgot only 1 thing. Reading the first write up they talking about set up a "faking ID" or something when the mackintosh sending fake identification or something like that. How can I do that? I wanted to download a software from App store and it said i am using a system "can't be recognized "
:)

This isn't the thread for this. You need a MLB and a ROM set in your config. The MLB is generated and the ROM is your en0 MAC address.

Did you install the Nvidia web drivers? Without doing that then the boot flag nvda_drv=1 does nothing. You should be fine with iMac14,2 though. iMac15,1 comes with another set of issues. Also make sure that Inject/Nvidia is set to false.

Yes I've already installed the newest nVidia web drivers. I can switch to them in the menu bar but after restart it shows that OS X driver are still at work (what they too are not I suppose). In the preferences of the web driver control panel under "ECC" there is no card detected (what is on my older computer with a GT 640 graphics card).
Yes I deactivated injecting of nVidia and Intel.

Yes I've already installed the newest nVidia web drivers. I can switch to them in the menu bar but after restart it shows that OS X driver are still at work (what they too are not I suppose). In the preferences of the web driver control panel under "ECC" there is no card detected (what is on my older computer with a GT 640 graphics card).
Yes I deactivated injecting of nVidia and Intel.

I had same problem and followed this guys solution, worked for me.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...s-os-x-10-11-3-346-03-05-a-6.html#post1210464

I have nvda_drv=1 in config. Type "kextstat | grep nvidia" (no commas of course) in terminal to see which drivers are loaded.

I was talking about the step "7. Run CustoMac Essentials to install FakeSMC and Ethernet support"

It just doesn't say anything how to do it. I downloaded but I can't run it because after installed it it is no app. how to run it?

I was talking about the step "7. Run CustoMac Essentials to install FakeSMC and Ethernet support"

It just doesn't say anything how to do it. I downloaded but I can't run it because after installed it it is no app. how to run it?

If you are booting OS X, FakeSMC.kext is already installed.

I had same problem and followed this guys solution, worked for me.

http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/...s-os-x-10-11-3-346-03-05-a-6.html#post1210464

I have nvda_drv=1 in config. Type "kextstat | grep nvidia" (no commas of course) in terminal to see which drivers are loaded.

Do you speak about posting #55 with "I had the same issue, for me it was because my motherboard does not seem to support native NVRAM."?

Terminal gave ouput but I cant interpret that:
81 1 0xffffff7f813ff000 0x2e4000 0x2e4000 com.nvidia.web.NVDAResmanWeb (10.0.9) E60CB387-1228-308D-BFE7-BF239B8EDF95 <80 78 77 12 7 5 4 3 1>
82 0 0xffffff7f816f2000 0x1af000 0x1af000 com.nvidia.web.NVDAGK100HalWeb (10.0.9) 11015DF6-BFB8-393B-940C-A9EF00E49C92 <81 12 4 3>

Nevertheless I can be absolutely sure about that the webdriver is not loaded: Slow drawing with artifacts in Safari, only 7MB in "about this Mac" and the driver itself says that it not actice.

Do you speak about posting #55 with "I had the same issue, for me it was because my motherboard does not seem to support native NVRAM."?

Terminal gave ouput but I cant interpret that:
81 1 0xffffff7f813ff000 0x2e4000 0x2e4000 com.nvidia.web.NVDAResmanWeb (10.0.9) E60CB387-1228-308D-BFE7-BF239B8EDF95 <80 78 77 12 7 5 4 3 1>
82 0 0xffffff7f816f2000 0x1af000 0x1af000 com.nvidia.web.NVDAGK100HalWeb (10.0.9) 11015DF6-BFB8-393B-940C-A9EF00E49C92 <81 12 4 3>

Nevertheless I can be absolutely sure about that the webdriver is not loaded: Slow drawing with artifacts in Safari, only 7MB in "about this Mac" and the driver itself says that it not actice.

That terminal output says the driver is active. If you are booting with the flag nvda_drv=1 then you are using the web driver regardless of what the driver manager says. If your board doesn't properly store NVRAM then the driver manager will always say you are using the default OS X driver.

Back