Contribute
Register

Solving NVIDIA Driver Install & Loading Problems

Can u guys help me, I posted my problem here , started at 889. Finally I understood how to install clover and i followed the link i posted there but still have a same boot issue. Please help me out, I am trying to fix this over 3 days now :(
When I start Clover config.plist not found, so i do Mount EFi Partition, and import my saved configuration.
In that i did not mark "Inject Nvidia" and my cpu list empty.. , boot is Kext-dev-mode=1,
I have no idea what i suppose to do...

Here my post , started 889:
http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capita...-supported-intel-based-pc-89.html#post1210039

Alright, I went to the smbios in the config.plist but couldn't find my board-id, So i just tried al 3 of the board id's for iMac 17.1 and the last one worked! Thanks a lot for helping me out!!:clap::clap::clap:

Enjoy your day.

Ps Amagyar please put your system info in your profile, We can't help without that.;)

system info updated ;)
I really need help, i spent $800 and i can't use it, i sold my mac mini, and i can't work, I have to use photoshop asap. Please somebody help me i have no clue what to do.. if email is faster my email atti.magnolia@gmail

system info updated ;)
I really need help, i spent $800 and i can't use it, i sold my mac mini, and i can't work, I have to use photoshop asap. Please somebody help me i have no clue what to do.. if email is faster my email atti.magnolia@gmail

1: 3.0 usb doesn't work with my external hdd.
USB 3.0 is a know issue with ALL boards in El Capitan. See this thread: http://www.tonymacx86.com/el-capitan-laptop-support/173616-guide-10-11-usb-changes-solutions.html

2: Can't boot without typing in nv_disable=1
Likely you aren't using the boot flag nvda_drv=1

3: vlc can't play any movies
You are booting with nv_disable=1 which disables all graphics acceleration

4: slow boot after nv_disable=1
This flag disables graphics acceleration, hence the slow boot
5: flashing screen when finally boot.
You are booting with nv_disable=1. This is a side effect of not having any graphic acceleration.​

Use iMac14,2 for your system profile. Using iMac15,1 will only cause you greater headaches and since you are inexperienced with Clover I won't get into kext patching.

In "About this Mac" it shows 0MB because you have Inject/Nvidia set to true, it needs to be false. You also need to add the boot flag nvda_drv=1 in order to boot with a Maxwell GPU and use the installed Nvidia Web Drivers.

Just a word of advice from a person who also makes a living on a computer... You should have made sure everything was up and running before selling your other working system. Slow down and do the reading, if you plan to use a Hackintosh as your main machine you are much better off learning how to fix things when something goes wrong. I spent months learning everything I could about Mackintoshes before building one to use as my main desktop after my Mac Pro died, and I am still learning.

I already did the kext patching , followed by the other post. I understand your point but it was a one time deal, so i had to sell my Mini :)
So you said use 14.2 instead of 15.1 in the clover configuration under SMBIOS Magic Wand ?
When tried to boot (but just cycles ) so i went to the settings to type in dv_disable1 it shows nvda_drv=1 as a boot order, so this is why i don't get it :(

I took a photo of it. Also when I clicked on
20160225_144718.jpgSMBIOS it still shows 15.1!! And I changed with Clover Config, and clicked "file-save" so it didn't save it? I tried to run as 14.2...

Keep getting the "config.plist not found!" in Clover Configuration...

Keep getting the "config.plist not found!" in Clover Configuration...

That means you aren't mounting the right EFI partition or Clover is installed in Legacy mode.

I installed the os with unibeast and finished with Multibeast. And I am not sure if i suppose to do that but because didn't work i installed Clover. I just noticed if i click on the top of the screen to the nvidia logo and chose os x default graphics driver than boots without problem, but video still messed it up. So it looks like doesn't matter what i save with clover, it boots because of the unibeast setting. So you right it is because i installed in Legacy? What should i do? uninstall clover and install it again? Do u have a link for the right steps?

How to mount the right EFI partition? I didn't find anything about it.

I checked diskutil list:

20160225_144718-2.jpg
I would like to fix it with the gtx, but i don't even know where to start . Honestly aim so mad right now, i can't believe this is that difficult ... The reason i bought this config because others using a same so it shouldn't that hard..

I used step by step what this post said:

"Hello, I don´t know if it´s too late to answer.

I really was very simple. I just had to choose the correct SMBIOS for my motherboard and processor. (In my case: iMac 15.1); to my graphics card, do NOT select "Inject NVidia", and selecting "kext-dev-mode=1" in BOOT.

If your ID is iMac15.1 or MacPro6.1, you need follow this guide: (Problem 4) --> http://www.tonymacx86.com/graphics/1...-problems.html

Attached file config.plist standard for NVIDIA cards need not "inject":

I hope this information is valid for you."

And like you said doesn't matter what i do in clover config doesn't change at boot. Everything else sounds Chinese , i don't know how to fix the EFI part...

And like you said doesn't matter what i do in clover config doesn't change at boot. Everything else sounds Chinese , i don't know how to fix the EFI part...

Sounds like you aren't editing the right config.plist or you aren't saving it.

Back